1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

watch out for windows updating wheel drivers

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Raceracerace, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Happened today. It could go wrong or without you knowing. Your wheel won't work properly. Save your profile files somewhere safe and troubleshoot. If this is the case you would need to run the programs update utility and let it download and install the proper driver again.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Jascha

Jascha New Member

that likely only applies to your specific wheel

3. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

it could be or anyone, just an announcement. But how long this has been going on is a guess.
    The real change was center feel and oscillation. My custom settings became too strong.

Just now I had to actually alter some of my custom files and various things like center feel. Its a net benefit, but with the update to the driver and the new patch and new custom file I had to parse a fair bit of stuff.

4. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It happened to me a few times (V1.1.x.x.) that I lost my view of the dashboard after a CTD. It just looked like a bumper view. So I backed-up my profile-files and after a problem I could restore them.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

What wheel do you use?

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont think this issue has something to do with ops mentioned hidden upd of wheel drivers.
    This sudden change of default view is a kind of semi bug or issue inside the game - and has probably been there since day one.
    I have described a few times how to get your wanted default view back if it has disappered.
    Its pretty simple.
    1. Just start the game in as example TT mode and drive directly in as example a wall.
    2. When the car has crashed then change the view while the car is still on the track.
    3. Exit (ESC) - and to be sure close the game down.
    4. When you start it up again you have got your prefered view back.;)