1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low bitrate audio

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by handz, Jun 12, 2021.

1. handz

handz New Member

Hi guys. This sim is really start to take off now great work reiza.
    My big gripe is the audio
    Although the samples are good it's like they are recorded in low quality mp3 or low bitrate taking all the crispness of the sound away. The sounds just dont pop as they should
    Me being an audiophile this is stopping me from using the sim I just cant see past it.
    Is there any audio settings in the ini files anywhere that i have missed?

As i said tho great work reiza keep them updates coming

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

For me the audio does pop but Inna literal sense....pops and crackles in many cars!
    Really really annoying that this is still a issue even though @Domagoj Lovric knows the issue but just can't remove it , even in menus I still get pops and crackles :(

3. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Don't know if it is only me, but yes, I notice this "low bitrate quality" on the Porsche GT3, for example.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree that the new audio isn't as crisp. I have a suspicion that they had to do this in order to address some issues with multiplayer and netcode issues. Reading some of the notes it sounded like they may have needed some processing power to improve netcode and I think audio was the easist way to save some CPU processing. Just conjecture here, but I think that's what's happening because the new audio isn't nearly as crisp as it used to be.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. kagurazakayukari

kagurazakayukari Member

I also think the audio is lack of surrounding effect. Now kind of a bit flattened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. handz

handz New Member

Yeah it's not just me then..I really hope reiza can sort this out because the sim is really starting to take shape now but the audio stops me from using it

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Me too ;)
    But beside the low sound quality in AMS2 then my personal reason to completely stop using AMS2 is the the sudden introduction of the terrible RPM limiter sound via the latest socalled update.
    I have gone back to Raceroom to get rid of this misplaced sound poo.

ByTheWay: Actually I think why this limiter sound is so terrible in AMS2 is because of the completely "flat" sound space in AMS2. In Raceroom and most other racing games the different sound cues is positioned in some kind of natural 3D sound space - where your brain is able to accept limiter sounds as just a sound cue among others.
    In AMS2 one sound cue like this one is able to overwhelm all others - and you cannot do anything about it in AMS2´s flat audio space.:rolleyes:

8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If I must be allowed to follow my point up in the post above - then thinking about it I just realised that the lack of this "3D space thing" in AMS2 is probably the reason single sounds can sound so terrible and overwhelming that people (like me) completely have to leave this racing game.
    And some kind of proof is that in some of Racerooms cars there is as example also very loud RPM limiter sounds.
    But it doesnt matter because as mentioned they have their natural place beside other individual sound cues.

The reason I come up with this addendum is because at the moment Im positioning myself on the TT leaderboards of Racerooms socalled Formula US - and this massive formula car has a very loud RPM limiter.
    Probably with just relatively the same volume loudness that AMS2´s F-Reiza.;)

But you know what?
    This loud RPM limiter just add to the immersion - without being so fu*** annoying as even a much lower RPM limiter would be in AMS2. :whistle:

9. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I didn't test all cars after the latest update, but in the F1 Classic Gen 03 (number 01) the RPM limiter sound is really annoying. Too loud and exaggerated, in my opinion.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1