1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Championship Gone After USA update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by dougdude, Jun 13, 2021.

1. dougdude

dougdude New Member

I fired up AMS2 the first time since the USA update. I had a championship going and I was on the last race. When I went to championship, my only option is "new." Where is my championship? The file is there... it is under documents\automobilista 2\savegame\201130002\automobilista 2\singlechamps. Name of file is singlechampionshipsave1.sav with the date of June 3rd.

Not a happy camper here.

Doug

2. dougdude

dougdude New Member

Figured it out. What a cluster. So I guess the naming convention of championships changed. I copied my singlechampionshipsave1.sav file out to the desktop, fired up the game and started a new championship. Exited the game and noticed the new championship was saved as singlechampionshipsave_1_1.sav... or something like that. So I deleted it, renamed my original in progress championship to that, fired the game back up and now I have my championship.

Were there any warnings about this? Or am I the only one who lost a in progress championship because of the new naming convention?

Doug

3. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope your not the only one who didn't see this memo - I thought mine had just been consumed by the random delete gods

4. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know this is a little late but thanks!! I really wanted to know where these files were and how they were named!