1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

In the end of the day, all we feel is a subjective experience. You experience things different than, as example, I do. That doesn't mean both of our experiences are right or wrong. They are different because they are subjective. With subjective experiences there is no right or wrong but we both feel like our own experience is the better one :)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope, being it a simulator, if a car can spin in real life in some condition it should be possible to replicate the same in game.

This is not subjective.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Micropitt

Try that Porsche 911 GT3 on the Nordschleife. You can get oversteer and understeer at the same time ;)

4. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Did not meant to offend. My post was more about my distaste about how some people opinions are being dismissed so quickly and using arguments that they're not really saying in the first place.

I also go down the "like a 10 year old" route when arguing online and you're right that my post was an example of that.

5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

I have this morning and am doing again right now,
    Tested all off from yesterday
    Thats exactly what I have indicated as opposed to BMW. I dont see how you have misinterpreted.

I have just tested what others have said reported and for the most part agree including the above yours.
    Exactly.

6. Micropitt

I just did a test with the Porsche 911 GT3 and the McLaren 720 GT3. I can spin the rear tires in 1st gear with both cars (without using clutch). I didn't get a complete donut because they both go in to understeer behavior but it could be done with some setup changes.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nobody is demanding AMS2 be made harder, or easier for that matter. I am certainly not looking to turn it into another ACC, where you have on-throttle understeer coupled with off-throttle understeer and the only way to make it through corners is to trail brake past the apex in a ridiculous unrealistic fashion.

But it is an objective fact that a GT3 car with ABS turned off is able to break traction, spin its wheels, and do donuts. They have TC for a reason, after all. It's also an objective fact that the McLaren 720S in AMS2 is not really able to do that, unless you fiddle with the setup to make the car into something it should not be. Most other cars behave in the expected fashion. So a minor revision of the tyres/drivetrain in the 720S may be all that is needed.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 7
  8. Maser V6

Nice to know
    just to clarify. my test were on default apart from TC/ABS.
    Any how Im out. too many misinterpretations and assumptions.
    Mc probably got launch control active

9. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Well, lets hope its looked at by someone who knows what theyre doing, as opposed to the he said she said nonsense going on here..
    Otherwise people will vote with their feet.

10. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Those arguments have 24 months spinning circle, speaking of donuts.
    Why i can't ignore them? this is a interesting cuestion. True

Its time for a new 3d "why i cant do donuts" , not in ironic way, where the people interested in donuts can connect, at the rigth of these people interested in palm three.
    :) i can't resist sometimes.., im a comedian

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Manohy

Manohy Member

May be the perception of "simulator" is not the same. It's very easy to have a subjective approach. Imho It's time for us to redefine what a racing simulator is and all of those discussions will not be necessary. Should be called a sim any software that have an history of MULTIPLE sim racer to real life race driver or drifters conversion. From a bedroom to a real race car cockpit. This is a natural proof that the concerned sim is doing things the right way. Many "sim-irl-ed" guys become excellent drivers and some are even winning championships. The granpa that used to say that sim is not enough for training may reconsider his position after the latest "sim-irl-isation" events. In reality it's not his fault , no one expected the things to go this way. Here is the list of sim that have good and pretty regular conversion from sim to real life drivers and drifters ; AC,ACC,RF2,RRRE. AMS2 is new and is still in implementation but if it's doing things the right way, we will see some conversion soon.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Our mind is adapting on external stimulus, i think a driver in real life, from sim software, is not using the exact driving pattern to the coma.

How he can feel the car without ffb? Scandal.

13. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

But I guess ACC should be a bit real because they don't have much car classes, right? Some people even say ACC is a simulator. And every car there without TC is very hard to drive.

14. Maser V6

It is. RS
    All post and reports are looked at

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Perhaps we need to use 'emulator' rather than 'simulator', for the more pedantic out there :whistle:;)
    All joking aside, Im trying to focus on what is right, rather than who is right. Im open to the behaviour of the GT3 McLaren being correct, which unfortunately means that the other cars might need to be looked at in that case.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Physics is quite objective, unless you go down the deeper fields of that science.

A motorsport simulator usually tries to emulate real world physics as best as it can. So either there is an specific issue with AMS2 parameters for those cars, or Reiza hit some Madness Engine limitation (don't you dare to quote me @CrimsonEminence !!!).

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Micropitt

I want Palm Trees on the Nordschleife. But they have to be the right Palm Trees, not the cheap stuff. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Huh? :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

New AMS2 Build 1699 now live - no change in version number as exe has remained the same.

Changelog:
    • Further tire tread adjustments to StockV8, GTE, GT3, GT4, Protos, kart rental, F-Vintage
    • Further diffuser & rear wing aero revisions to GTE, GT3, Metalmoro MRX
    • Adjusted TC longitudinal slip scaling
    • Adjusted default engine braking in Porsches, C8.R
    • BMW Procar: Minor CoG height, body drag adjustment
    • Adjusted CoG height for MRX & F-Vintages
    • AI callibration pass for Protos, F-Vintage, Stocks
    • Adjusted AI side calculation to reduce chances of scaring themout of the way from behind
    • Increased volume for Ginetta G55 drivetrain
    • Curitiba: Removed advert sign blocking the outer layout (selection set error)
    • Added VR cams for Adelaide 88
    • Further updates to Stock Car 2021 liveries

We are aware of some instability / freezing issues reported by some users under certain circunstances and investigating it, hope to have news on these for the next update.

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

a little odd I just got a 244 mb update..

• Like Like x 1