1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

So all the other GT3 cars that do have that behaviour will need altering then ;)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I for one hope that Reiza listens to all sides of the discussion, including your side, even if I disagree with it ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I hope they don't listen to anybody. They should know what is necessary. It's a sim.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Edited- Agreed. Hopefully its resolved one way or the other. Ive been watching onboard footage and dipped my toe back into Rf2 and it was quite a useful exercise. At the moment, I just cant buy into the fidelity of AMS2. That may not be liked, but it is nevertheless how I feel. At the moment it feels very much like shuffling the deckchairs around on the sundeck of RMS Titanic.. its not really acknowledging the iceberg in the gloom. Ai that are 6 seconds off the pace as soon as it rains which makes real weather a bit pointless offline, suspect grip levels one way or the other, audio issues, CTDs in custom championship..
    I know this is not a popular view on here, but its one that needs acknowledging imvho. At the moment Ive lost trust in the product. I know it'll be won back, but at the moment its not for me. Im not trying to convince others that my view is correct, but Im asking that we push for improvements and solutions where we believe they should and do exist.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Not in a million years does AMS2 require more slip in any shape or form.
    Making daft requirements like I cant drift a gt3 or do donuts, with no incling as to what settings there using or if they are 10 secs a lap off the pace etc, is like me telling elon musk how to get to Mars.
    I'm not buying into it at all, and is making AMS2 spend more time going backwards than forwards.
    If anything it requires more stability in the low speed sections and braking zones.
    Also probably requires the accel and speed reduction/friction increasing as some of the cars are way too fast in this part/lap time.
    I'm sure Reiza know what needs doing and hopefully certain youtubers get ignored.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Loving the BMW M8 GTE at the Nords after doing a tad of laps there (with TC at 0). That thing drives very intuitively and can be really pushed super hard. Yes, it's very grippy, but the road feel and how it is sort of "glued" to the road without feeling simplistic (or boring) is mind blowing. And I must confess that GTE is not my favorite car class. But the Nords is the ultimate test track for any car due to how varied it is!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Youre not addressing the question that its only ONE car that has that behaviour. Either that car is incorrect, or all the others are. It cant be both because it would obliterate the series as a competition.

Edit. For clarity- all the GT3 cars EXCEPT the McLaren, with TC and ABS off, will spin up the rears or lock brakes when abused. The McLaren does not. So which behaviour is correct?

Edit 2. Try doing a driving test Emergency Stop from only 20 kph as if Grandma had just stepped into the road, in the McLaren. I bet you wipe out Grandma.. in reality youd be wiping your nose off the front windscreen. In AMS 2 its like youre stopping a train.. theres something really odd about that car. And before you ask, I have a nifty little sports car of my own in my garage. It stops pretty f====g fast when it needs to.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ayy the game freezing bug came back, previously it happened when I clicked restart on TT, but now it happens also during custom race.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Freezing. First race after update at Daytona, Multi-class (DPI/GTE). Race completed after 8 laps and what an awesome race it was(AI fought beautifully). Went to scroll through the finishing results and froze. Windows reporting AMS2 not responding, closed it. Back to desktop. Understand it’s known just sharing scenario.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Replay @ Montreal : When I load replay to watch, it auto saves , and now have 4 of the same replay in the replay ui menu Also no option to delete replays in game ui? AFAIK

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  11. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I think both can be true. I agree when I watch footage that some cars need more grip sometimes. But at the same time, it can be true that some cars are unrealistic when at some settings (tc off and such) it doesn't slip when accelerating. It is pretty clear that if some real car can do donuts then the same car should do the same and not with some creative setup work.
    It is always the first thing I watch when looking at updated footage. How real does it look (I have already given the example of DCS, I have been going to airshows my whole life and if you see outside footage of DCS it just looks spot on like the real thing, in the same way, some very expensive CGI looks totally off when looking at the movement of planes).
    That's why I liked what I saw with the USA package.
    Personally, I think that Reiza is still learning the engine and that it is very detailed. And if you mess with one thing another thing changes. That is super difficult when you are dealing with many car classes. ACC is basically only GT3 and can finetune much quicker and will have much less trouble that if they change one thing another thing goes wrong.
    Maybe the TC is still not totally working. Or something else is wrong.
    I think some are fearful that many people think it is very hard to drive racecars. Which mostly isn't the case. It is getting them to the limit and staying there is difficult.
    I think that many are fearful that Reiza will go back to much more sliding cars or cars that behave weirdly at slow speed.
    I hope and think (watching at their updates) that they know how cars behave but it is getting them there that is a long and hard process.
    There are two things that I worry about in this sim and that is bugs and the second is AI.
    I think many incorrect things are attributed to the madness engine but the AI is one that looks to be hampered with the engine.
    Reiza I think has spend already a ton of time in the AI. But when I see footage I still see the AI jinking away when the driver is beside him or at other times. And I know Reiza already has done much work to get rid of it or reduce it. And it looks not easy to get it totally gone.
    The second is bugs. Project Cars 2 has basically been put away because it still had so many bugs.
    And I know Reiza is working super hard but it sometimes feels like they are fighting an uphill battle.
    That is just my take on it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ReisF1

ReisF1 New Member

What's up with the Porsche Cup cars sound, did it get messed up in the last update? Do you guys get a lot of crackle and pop sounds near de rev limit?

14. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For those enjoying racing vs the AI, doesn't it bother you that they are clearly not getting any tow from each other? Or, if they are indeed getting properly towed, which class+track+AI settings are you guys using?

Sincerely I cannot enjoy AI races at all when I see that I can get pretty strong tows while the AI just can't do it so I quit the race out of frustration.

This issue is especially easy to notice on Daytona with all the classes I've tested (almost all the formulas).

Besides it seems like AI still struggle to find speed on straights (or banked corners in the case of Daytona). Another major issue for me: it is still easy to bully the AI so they get out of your way, be it in an attack move or a defense move, you can Mazepin away and they accept it.

I see a lot of AI praise on this forum though, seems like I'm some outlier.

15. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

The lack of AI draft is obvious and leaves them a sitting duck on fast parts of the track, they also never defend the inside of corners whick gives you a risk free pass.

I think the praise is mainly that they do at least seem to see you unlike other sims and they can pass you if you give them a chance.

16. Manohy

Manohy Member

True but the fruit should not change, today it's an orange, tomorrow it will be a banana and after 2 months an avocado....

What is sad is that Setupmanialand habitants seem not aware that this "make a setup" kind of answer leaded to the actual collective bashing of AMS2 from the sim community. Strangely AMS2 is the only sim that have a big part of its user base leaving in Setupmanialand. Let's be clear there is a big difference between making setup to be fast and making setup to add features that don't exist (setupmaniaism). After reading the reactions here and there for months, Setupmanialand habitants seem to have a VERY FLEXIBLE definition of simulation and they are very vocal about it. The consequence is that they think that they are defending the software but at the end of the day, they are killing it.

GT3 is a popular class and many sim racers are enjoying them with various sim so they have a strong reference on what they should be at least in a sim. It would be an error to give an orange juice to someone that needs a lemon juice and then ask him to pretend it's an orange juice (Setupmaniaism). I don't know where this mindset came from but Setupmanians use to say that the other sims are not right and AMS2 is the one right. The latest events proved that once AMS2 aligned itself to the other sims in term of physic and FFB after one year of "up and down", BOOOOOOOOM , big sparks.

As I said earlier why not just accept that AMS2 has some weaknesses ( mostly low downforce cars ) and focus on the best parts (high downforce cars ). The actual AMS2 growing recognition is mainly from the US pack not GT3 or GT4 or Brazilian cars...Even if they gave AMS2 an extra presence in the market, defending GT3 and GT4 and Cup cars do not worth it because those are not selling force of the sim. At least until they get fixed once and for all. All those do is attracting people wanting to be free from ACC or RF2 etc. So they come with high expectations and end up being disappointed and start bashing the sim.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Yes, there is not very much natural about the way the AI conducts itself. It comes closer to the player then suddenly veers away as if the presence of the player was a complete surprise and yet, as the player, I had not moved laterally one bit. They still seem blind on their inside into corners too.

Sure, its improved over time but , just like you, I am starting to think there are some fundamental issues with the AI in the madness engine that just cannot be tuned out. They also just hang onto the outside line in a completely unrealistic fashion. Its raceable, but not great in my book.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, The Formula Vintage feels better now, especially on the middle to high speeds.
    On low speed sometimes little front feeling or when the car is planted some little traces of extra turn-in, where I would expect a tendency to more under-steer.
    In general a great improvement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Funny I experience the opposite, I did an AI race yesterday with Formula Classic Gen 3 om Jacarepagua 1988. And I noticed I get little to none draft from the AI, but the AI seems to get a big draft from me. Reading your post I thought I test Daytona, same results It is hard to keep up with the AI coming out of the corner going onto the fist banked part, and they fly around me in the first corner, after the part coming out of the busstop.

difficulty 99/59 F-Classic G3M2, no driving assists

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I do agree that the GT3 McLaren not getting any wheelspin off the line is suspect. That seems key when you consider how it might manifest itself in other situations.

Donuts and easy powerslides do depend on differential settings and at some point suspension too. I can easily remove these features from sims that have adjustable diffs. I hope the default diff and other (where applicable) settings will be adjusted soon - I bet they will be - to give a more reasonable starting point. Meanwhile power ramp can be decreased and maybe number of clutches increased to give some RWD clutch LSD cars more throttle oversteer.

I think it would be a mistake to downplay the impact setups have not just on speed, but expected/preferred handling overall. I look at ACC safe setups. They’re just annoyingly overstable and in need of setup work to make the cars engaging to drive. And yet this is completely normal too. Come to think of it it's also reasonable to lean towards power understeer with default setups in AMS2 where possible as this makes the cars easier to get into.

Then there’s also the setup’s ability to soak up bumps at Long Beach or take the tire abuse at Laguna Seca or Guapore (or also Long Beach). Setting tire pressures and suspension to balance even temperatures, low degradation, top speed and grip. Not to hit a magic number. This is the kind of stuff that speaks highly of the underlying simulation in my opinion.

Maybe you don’t mean to talk against this, but I’m not sure what this setupmanialand term is trying to cover. I don’t think there’s any need for vague labeling like that.

• Agree Agree x 3