1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spinning DD wheel when hitting ESC

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Justin Sanders, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Justin Sanders

Justin Sanders New Member

So I’ve had this occur a few times, this last time seemed somewhat dangerous honestly cause of how I had the wheel gripped. Basically at the end of a multiplayer race in the cool down lap I hit ESC to exit the race and as soon as I did the wheel spun as fast as it could to the opposite locked position (and continued to grind there). I had a grip on it that almost felt dangerous as it did release but seemed like it could have actually hurt me since I wasn’t expected it and only had one hand since the other was pressing ESC key. After I resumed back into the race, just as fast the wheel whipped back to the previous position.

My wheel is a VRS Direct Drive Pro wheel, it’s a 20NM motor so definitely has some power behind it when something goes wrong like this. I believe gain is set at 80 in the wheel software and 50 in AMS2 and in normal conditions feels fine, not too strong.

Not sure if this is something that’s been reported but I couldn’t find anything in the forum about it. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

2. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

I have had similar happen with a SC2U, but happens when pressing start, after pressing escape, the game does the same with pedal inputs. It's like the game is remembering last controller input states and transferring it to the next session.

I've learnt to keep my hands off the wheel and press the brake pedal before starting in the Pits.

J