1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. f4ffie

f4ffie New Member

I'd like to host some hotlapping/time trials is it possible to set optimized track conditions so it's fair for all or is that not possible

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I guess since Real Weather and Livetrack settings aren’t gonna be available in MP until the next month or two, that setting a fully rubbered track in a P2P or DS won’t be possible yet.

That said, I am curious about upcoming updates to the DS and the inevitable Linux server program Dave has been hiding from is in his basement for the last year :p

3. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys, i setup a dedicated server yesterday with a 60 min practice session, i set my practice weather to this
    // Default event weather.
    "PracticeWeatherProgression" : 3,
    "PracticeWeatherSlots" : 4,
    "PracticeWeatherSlot1" : "LightCloud",
    "PracticeWeatherSlot2" : "HeavyCloud",
    "PracticeWeatherSlot3" : "LightRain",
    "PracticeWeatherSlot4" : "LightCloud",

It started raining about 10 mins into session and didn't stop till the 55 min mark.
    now the progression is set to 3 so i would have expected it to start around the 10 min mark but should it not have dried up fairly quickly as well and then maybe rained again later in the session? Is there some sort of sync to race option like the client MP has?

I also set it to GTE's but anyone without the DLC was not allowed to join, i thought this was supposed to be allowed in multiplayer?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  4. Shriukan

Progression is not possible at x3. I suspect it went to the next accepted value of x5 which would explain the early rain but doesn’t explain it taking so long to stop. Are you sure you don’t have the sms_rotation lua addon enabled with its own weather settings?

Also people can join lobbies with DLC tracks but not DLC cars (at least not without making it multiclass and adding a non-DLC class).

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Tony Binelli The weather I'll have to try for myself. There should be some variation in the timing but that sounds pretty extreme.

Regarding the content as Shriukan noted it is only tracks that are freely available. People will be able to join using any vehicle they own though even if the server setup includes vehicles that they don't. Multiclass of GTE + GT4 for example would allow anyone to drive GT4 but only DLC owners to run GTE

6. Neem

Neem New Member

RESOLVED: See end of post!

Hi all, I've been reading this post for a few months now and have pretty much everything I need working (thanks everyone!). I run a Time Trial group and we use the leaderboards normally but want to run challenges using rain and night racing, multi-lap tests etc.

I've created some code to harvest the stats and post laptimes on my website to show leaderboards etc. Initially I was able to detect 'CutTrackStart' to ensure no short cuts were being taken but since the update (which seemed to clear my server configs) this no longer appears in the 'events' for the lap. I'm seeing 'impacts' etc. but no more cut track events. Is there some config setting I've forgotten about?

Edit: I should say I have "PenaltiesType" : "FULL", and the "track_events" : true

RESOLVED! : So in my sms_roate_config i didn't have this setting '
    AllowedCutsBeforePenalty' which defaults to '0'. I've added this and set it '50' and the cut track messages now appear in game, and the stats file is adding the 'CutTrackStart' events.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  7. Puchouy

Puchouy New Member

@Dave Stephenson any chance to remove the kick voting for all users on a dedicated server?

And a more general question, is there a way to setup an auto advance flag, it seems that some kind of functionality is there already because the UI shows the box. While I don't mind that people have to vote to get it going at the beginning it would be nice to the server to do it's own thing after the initial voting

thanks in advance!

8. BrassYeti

BrassYeti New Member

What' is the correct value to enable real weather.

9. Shriukan

Set amount of weather slots to 0 but you cannot select the date yet so weather will always be the same on a track since it is using the default august 1st 2020 date.

Also not sure if it is enabled in MP this way or if it still gives the weighted random weather.

10. legionary

legionary New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm trying to set up a dedi server. I've created the config file and forwarded the ports on my router but when I run the dedi server I can't access localhost:9000 in a web browser. Any ideas anyone?

Edit: Looking at the cmd window when I run the server, it seems it isn't reading the server.cfg file.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  11. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

attach your server.cfg file here and maybe someone can find what's wrong.

12. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Member

I see there are updated dedi server files at Race Department.
    Has anyone utilised them & are they any good?

13. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

I would like to update my dedicated server with the new track and car ID's. Are there other aspects or elements to address with the new update.....besides just the cars and tracks that will effect my races now?

14. Wolfgang Herold

just replace the exe. Only car/track DB is updated afaik

15. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Ok guys.....im stupid or blind....lol I do not see the updated server files over at RD.

I have a json file of the cars, tracks, classes and a good friend wrote a program for me to read them in a dashboard window. So I was looking to find the new data to update my list, but could not remember where I extracted the original list from. Thanks for your help....super appreciated!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  16. Wolfgang Herold

read the server.cfg file.
    In the comments you have the links where to extract cars & tracks

17. Neem

Neem New Member

Hi all, Is it a common problem where a server will appear for some people, but not for others? I have folks from around the word accessing my server but there are one or two that simply never see it in the list. Sometimes a lot of refreshes will bring it up but for some, they can't see it no matter what, even though others are connecting fine.

18. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

That is not a common problem. We have been racing league with drivers from all over the world and generally if one person can see it, so can the others. We have seen instances where it just will not show up for anyone and in that case we close and reopen to fix it.

19. Neem

Neem New Member

OK, thanks. Seems like an intermittent problem for some, and I have two drivers that currently can't see it at all over a few day period. Restarts don't seem to help... I'll keep digging.

20. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

new dedi version on beta and main release. Update is optional if you don't need the features or need to wait until after events etc.

2021-06-15
    ----------

• Added WAIT_FOR_RACE_READY_INPUT switch to realism settings of session attributes http page.
    • Reinstated custom date options in http/lua/rotate configs (RaceDateDay", "RaceDateMonth", "RaceDateYear")
    • Reinstated Real Weather option on http ui.
    • Update lib rotate to ensure Real Weather progression matches time progression and can never be sync to race.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1