1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound curbs

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Arnoudt, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Arnoudt

Arnoudt New Member

Does anyone else have strange / weird sound on the curb stones since update 1.2? New Physics are great, but sound of the curbs ruins it for me. Is it me or is this the new sound?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Sou day like mumbling to me, haha like someone sitting next to me just occasionally mumbling incoherently, lol

3. Diurach

Diurach New Member

I have exactly the same problem - everything else is great but the kerb/curb sound is so artificial now the game is very hard to enjoy! :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Arnoudt

Arnoudt New Member

Glad to hear I am not the only one, now all we need is the old sounds backā€¦

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Edited- my original post was dumb :whistle:
    Im no sound engineer so I cant begin to understand the field. I do know that I was reading on a flying sim about the sound settings and it refers cpu loading which can be apparently significant. If it means I can play AMS2 on my old rig in VR then I can accept some sound anomalies :p

7. Arnoudt

Arnoudt New Member

So, this is not a bug?? The big youtubers that cover AMS2 speak during every corner, so I can't check if they have the same issues.

8. Flo Veninski

Flo Veninski New Member

Yeah i agree the sound is so weird on the curb... If dev can make same sound as ACC it will be perfect ! :)

9. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

The kerb sound was not great before, but at least it was acceptable. Now it's bad, weird, and I have to mute it almost entirely in the sound options to play the game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The ACC kerb sounds are godawful and it sounds like you ran over a cyclist every time you ride the kerbs.

11. Flo Veninski

Flo Veninski New Member

On my point of view whan i m watching video and i m playing ACC i find it's super realistic sound kerb on acc ;)

12. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Yeah, when are they going to fix the kerb/curb sound. It seems weird. When I switch to a different sound card, it sounds right but when I switch back to another card, it sounds weird. So, what am I doing wrong here?