1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gear up & Gear down assignments aren't working

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Ben3445, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Ben3445

Ben3445 New Member

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with my gear up & gear down assignments. Whenever I try to drive a car with a sequential paddle shift, the gear up & down assignments don't work (I can't change gear). I thought it was my paddle shifters causing the issue, but I assigned the gear up & down functions to buttons on my wheel & it still won't change gear.
    I assigned change camera to my paddles and that worked, so I'm a bit lost. I really want to buy the USA pack and try it out, but I'm not going to buy it until I fix my issue. I can shift fine on ACC & Assetto Corsa so I can't figure out what is causing it.
    I'd love it if you guys could help me out! I've tried deleting the documents folder for AMS2 & uninstalling & reinstalling the game, & neither of those things worked. I've also tried resetting the controls to default & re-assigning everything but still no luck there either. The game worked fine the last time I played it (a few months ago) so I'm not sure what has gone wrong in those few months.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase
    Clubsport Steering Wheel Universal Hub
    Simworx Pro GT Pedals

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, please try using "Wheelmake: Custom" and mapping the buttons manually and see, if it still occurs! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

Hey Ben3445,

Are you using Automatic or Manual Clutch, or Joy2Key?

Joy2key kept losing flappy Paddle input so uninstalled it (looking for a Replacement).

Used flappy paddles and Sequential Stick today with no Problems.

J

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ben3445

Ben3445 New Member

I just had a look at it then, & your fix totally worked CrimsonEminence! Thanks so much for helping, I figured it must be something I was doing wrong as no one else was writing about it on the forum

I'm going to buy the USA pack now and get into it, thanks again!

Thanks for the suggestions as well Jason, much appreciated

• Like Like x 1