1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza 17. What is it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gdubmx, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm just curious. When people say AMS could be a rFactor 2 beater, what do they mean by this? What do they think Reiza needs to do or what is missing from AMS that rFactor 2 has which they would like to see? Or is there some existing functionality that AMS has but they think needs to be improved to beat rFactor 2? Again just curious. For me personally, there is nothing missing in AMS. But I know for others things like weather is important. But what else is there? Or like I said what features need to improved? Please be civil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

For me, weather is the only thing missing from AMS. If there was variable weather then I would have no reason to have rF2 on my hdd.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Dynamic track rubber (in AMS it's scripted), weather (which is also linked to the dynamic track), improved AI, rejoin for online races (cars from other players also seem to behave better in rF2), save/resume race for offline, 3D animations support(?), 64bit. And open rFactor 2 physic files to see it by yourself too (compare with rf1, or just read ISI physic dev blog)
    AMS is cool and the only sim I drive right now, but if someone license isi2.5 and do what Reiza did... they'll probably get a overall product that is a lot better than AMS right away (not counting content)
    Of course for next sim Reiza can build all these features by their own, but I wonder if they had licensed the 2.5 how easier (or harder?) would be for them and what they could have improved with that one. For sure there would be some stuff they wouldnt have to worry about like developing the stuff above
    Just my 2 cents

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ZoltanSz

ZoltanSz Member AMS2 Club Member

No word about arma 4 because they announced apex way before the release and not after apex they announced more expansion for 3. This is why they aren't talk about arma 4 because they are still working on arma 3.

5. pennarguy

pennarguy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have played all the major track racing sim's since getting hooked playing GPL back in the late 90's.
    Never have I bothered about what the Dev's were up to; that's their business not mine.
    Of course I read reviews etc, but at the end of the day, it is my choosing whether I buy or not.
    Some of the said sim's I bought were uninstalled quite pronto and some I kept...like most things I buy, some I like and some I will never buy again.
    What I have learned ( for myself of course ), is that you don't have to have a mass of whistles and bells to have a great track racing product.
    Take GPL for an example; still got a massive following after 17 years +...GP4 still has a very big following after a decade more or less and LFS quietly going about its business.
    AMS for me sits with this type of sim' and I don't think it will ever be a big player, but us; who have been with the Reiza sim's for a decent amount of time, will still be playing it in years to come.
    A last comment to the devs, achievements is the first step down a slippery path. :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

While I don't think i would describe GPL as currently having a massive following, a key reason why GPL. GP4 and LFS still have followings is there was never a successor for any of them. Assuming Reiza 17 is intended as the successor for Automobilista, the only reason for us to be playing Automobilista for many years to come is if Reiza 17 is a failure.

7. pennarguy

What you say has some sense to it, but you don't get what I said in the right meaning.
    I play AMS mostly now because it is what I like...I like the format.
    When a new sim comes out, I don't stop playing the older ones that I like...I only stop playing sim's that I have grown not to like.
    After 500+ hours of playing AC I have uninstalled it and it will never see the light of day again on my PC.
    Sim's like AC have no holding power for me; too much distraction from the pure track racing.
    So yes, I will still be playing AMS for years to come, modding it out to keep up the interest; as I do with GPL and GP4 and a couple of others.
    Reiza 17 is at least a year off, so no need for me to sweat over that yet. :D

8. Rodent

Rodent Member AMS2 Club Member

With 500+ hours on record I would've said AC has indeed had quite the holding power on ya Pennar. :D

9. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

500+ hours in AMS here! :):)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  10. pennarguy

It did hold me for a while obviously, thing is though, that hold has gone; never to return. :) No holding power you see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni

Will the new game feature the tire flex, contact patch, dynamic track, damage models very similarly almost clones of rf2?

I absolutely love ams and have over 200 hours on it, I love the cars and tracks, the spotter, 95 per cent of its features but for me in order to compete in an arena of bigger sims such as iracing and rf2 you need to add these or add and enhance these features.

@pennarguy
    Personally I don't think adding achievements detracts from the pure racing element, if you are into it big time you barely notice them. I've been minding my own on track day sessions just testing cars and had 500km driving on practice sessions achievements pop up and just though "meh" haha. I totally see and get your point though but I don't think they are a negative thing if they are done and used properly.

12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We don´t have the code from rF2 ISIMotor 2.5 to make a "clone" of anything beyond what is already in the same codebase of ISIMotor 2.0 we´ve got; there´s a lot they already share anyway including the base of the features you mention. It would make litttle sense in any case for us to try develop the code in the same direction that ISI already took it in - if that was the goal, it would have been simpler to just hold out to license rF2 :)

It would be speculative at this stage to go into specifics, not least because the next title will be continuously developed over several years after initial release - it may end up as different relative to its original release as that will be relative to AMS now. In this timeframe direction and priorities may change as they are still changing for AMS itself.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, you should know by now that the first rule of Reiza 17 is ......?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Rodent

Don't mention ze war?

15. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

16. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

NVM

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

There´s actually no problem in users discussing Reiza 2017, so long as these discussions don´t spawn multiple topics :p What has been said is that we´ll not be engaging these discussions while AMS is still in development. You guys are welcome to speculate though if you find a point in doing so :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Rodent

So we've been given the go ahead lads, I say Reiza 17 is Renatos vision realized: A hardcore golf cart simulator. Never been done before! Heusinkveld has never before been challanged with such physics!

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And it should have weapons, like Twisted Metal: Automobilista :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting and I know this isn't the case but for some mysterious reason this statement made me think Reiza 17 is going to be more different from AMS than I thought it was going to be even though I don't know how much different I thought is was going to be or why this quote made me think it was going to be more different :p