1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. ScythieVR

ScythieVR New Member

Regarding most clean image in ACC... I've got 6900xt and think to have found kind of good compromise between performance and clarity.

1. Do not force DX11 in Steam VR, only makes it soft
    2. No AA at all, ads to much blur
    3. In Steam VR resolution 100% (HP Reverb G1)
    4. Ingame Resolution scale 100% (do not go below!)
    5. Ingame VR Pixel density at least 100% (this one is important, mine is 130%, very effective and cleans up the image)
    6. Post Processing off! Volumetric smoke off! Very demanding.
    7. The rest of the settings somewhere in the middle, tepends on your graphic card

Fast CPU is a must, 3600x was not enough to deliver 90FPS constantly. My 5800x is capable though. I think Intel above 10600 should be very capable as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. chris cadby

chris cadby Member AMS2 Club Member

Are their any plans to use the new AMD FSR in the game? Think my 5700xt could really benefit from the extra FPS.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

AMD FSR when? Seems like a more broadly beneficial implementation to cover all customers rather than just Nvidia cards (and I was pushing for DLSS before).

Hope you guys can add it Reiza! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Honestly given the GPU shortage and demands of VR, I would really love to see the following implemented at some point in AMS2.
    1. DLSS 2.1 and FSR
    2. SPS or SMP implementation

But I'm wondering if this is something SMS would need to provide in the Madness engine before Reiza can implement the tech. All I know is, this is really needed with all the demands VR places on the GPUs and the lack of new GPUs out there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MREis

MREis New Member

NO PP and DLSS VR / FSR
    I also wondered that, can they/are they allowed to? - just getting rid of the Parallel Projection would be already great in my usecase.
    If that would be enhanced also by DLLS VR/ FSR...

• Like Like x 1
  6. amndingo768

amndingo768 New Member

Noticing decreased performance after lastest patches. Tracks that used to cause no performance issues now have multiple fps dips. Also, any kind of rain introduces stutters even when there is plenty of GPU headroom

Reverb G2 @ 80% steamvr SS
    9700k @ 5.2ghz
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090 @ 2025 ghz

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

some cars have some sort of "reflection" on the windshield, that seems like a static texture ontop of the windshield surface, while this looks ok on a flatscreen, moving around in the car with VR really quickly makes u realise that its a static texture and just annoys while driving.

i think i have seen a similiar update in DCS world (flight simulator) where they would not draw those textures while in VR

8. BongAdy

BongAdy New Member

Have you tried a Formula race in the rain as I have found the GTs unplayable at a decent pixel count but the Formulas are fine - I did this video @ 60Hz 109% SteamSS with lots of headroom while with the GTs and their headlights I couldn't even get smooth action at 65% SteamSS

G2 | 5600X | 6800XT

9. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe New Member

HUD display being mirrored from the physical VR space is still way oversized, much to my disappointment.

Attached Files:

10. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

Is anyone using a 3080TI and valve index that they could recommend settings for?

I have just upgraded from a 2070super and keen to see if anyone has some good settings I can treat as a baseline.

11. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

I discovered that night that turning HAGS off really helps VR performance. That, and changing SteamVR to the beta channel.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

What's HAGS?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I've looked and looked but can I heck find that setting. I do remember turning this of aaages ago but if it has come back on I can't check. So strange. I only get the option to select graphics settings individually and have added AMS2 and put high performance but the menu isn't the same as what others see.

14. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Win10 Start/settings /xbox gaming/ upper right = graphic settings

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. RDG

RDG Active Member

Any tips to alleviate the constant bouncing of the cars? I’ve tried playing with the suspension but can’t seem to fix it. World movement is at 100 (otherwise Daytona is undrivable) and G-forces are at 0, but the GT cars still bounce excessively.

16. Gazzawesty

Thanks for this... Didn't think to check Xbox settings. I looked everywhere else mind. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gazzawesty

I've found that world movement at 50 is the best in vr as then the movement is shared out between car and the horizon. Locked to car I've found I can't see the road for the rattle and locked to horizon makes the car seem like a funny car. In the middle I've found to be the best compromise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. RDG

RDG Active Member

World movement at 50 means the whole car banks when you drive on the Daytona banking. Very weird sensation and not what I'm looking for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. amndingo768

amndingo768 New Member

Interesting. I haven't messed with formulas in a couple months. I'll give it a try when I get back in town.

I'm hoping things get more efficient. It seems crazy that the GPUs we are using struggle to run this game at 90hz on medium settings and <100% SS

20. Gazzawesty

I've not raced much as my foot has been in a pot but when I did try Daytona the banking does make it tricky with the banking to see the corner coming from the bank. I just figured it's a track I can't use but at least I can see where I'm going on the rest of em.