1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Time Trial and Track Limits

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Zeraxx, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey I've been playing more and more AMS2 in preparation to start doing RST Videos on the game, as this last update has absolutely made me fallen in love. I do have a question about something that seems a little weird to me, maybe its a bug or maybe I'm just doing something wrong?

On Long Beach in the Corvette on Time Trial mode, T1 has a track limit where if you cross the white line (pit exit) you invalidate the lap, but if you watch the ghosts that are P1-P5 they are obviously taking that line getting as close to the wall as possible.

I'm guessing there was a patch that changed the track limit into T1? Probably low priority of something to look at but I just wanted to point it out.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup.

It's actually IRL forbidden to cross the pit exit area when approaching T1 and the older builds with Long Beach didn't have this restriction yet in AMS2. It got updated to this regulation.
    Leaderboards will receive a reset in the future overall, so this will accomondate the situation.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

4. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Aaah I apologize, I should get in the habit of reading before making a new post. Thanks for the info guys, awesome to see that it's already been addressed and a plan to reset.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

EDIT: AH, sorry, didn't know you meant the other user :D

Yes? Time Trial leaderboards will be reset soon, like mentioned. Due to the physics revisions alone, it will be necessary, so the laps that crossed the line will be removed.

6. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

That was probably my fault, as I should have done a Reply rather than a new post (sorry!).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I suggest to take the Opala StockCar 1986, great cars and a lot fun ;) And maybe you get the same strange roll gradiant as me, lol