1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Almost seems like a hole in the mesh TBH... I've seen similar stuff in iracing being related to issues with the track mesh of kerbs and their surroundings... LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Nah... it's obviously a limitation of the Madness Engine

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How should that work? The track state must sync with the (real) weather! Just don’t use 60x multiplier if you won’t accept those logical consequences…

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

That is quite strange. At 10x each slot lasts more or less 6mins. The transition might be randomised but indeed that is too quick. No idea what the issue is there. If RW is using the wrong Weather Time Progression or even if somehow it is set to "Sync To Race" instead of matching Time Progression.

A bug for the devs to check on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You may be joking, but it could possibly be lol

Now seriously, I can't recall if it was someone from Reiza or just a common forum user, but I do remember someone mentioning the weird crash physics could be happening due variable overflows in the calculations. For example, for whatever reason the engine has to calculate A times B, but when it does the result size is larger than what the variable can represent. So if A x B gives a wrong result, it obviously can cascade into the rest of the calculation and things simply go wrong entirely.

At least that was what I inferred from reading the post.

Don't really quote me on that, though, I could've just dreamed about it and I'm talking pure bs here. If so, I apologize.

6. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Reiza, you saved my Racing Sunday with those fixes! This won't be forgotten, I just right now send two other friend AMS2 as a Steam gift, now they have to join on Sunday, or I will show up on their doorsteps. :whistle:

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

For now, no crash on TT restart :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. sk8

sk8 Member

Lotus 72 seems broken. A shopping trolley is more fun to drive. It's audio is out of tune too. Rumble strips are way too high frequency. Other cars seem normal though.

9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Since i feel you're the only one with this please try above.;)

10. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

How about just in the rain during the day then when car headlights are on? Same stutter with MSAA. Perhaps they should remove "Storm" weather too eh? After all, cars dont race in that either do they? People don't play it because its too demanding... err.. well, thats the whole point of optimizing it then isn't it? Optimisation is never a waste of time. Besides, why has it got so much worse than on release and why does Pcars 2 run so much better in these conditions?

Reiza have changed Shadow casting in one of the most recent release.. They revamped FFB. I think their ability to tweak the engine goes well beyond just adding figures to files don't you?

As for the Ai.. seriously, its just bang up derby around Nurburgring Veedol in the GT3. The AI has no race craft what so ever. I guess the solution is never try to over take AI into corners at this track. I'm not dive bombing....

• Like Like x 1
  11. sk8

sk8 Member

Did both to no avail before posting. ;)
    Gte drives beautifully and sounds great on rumble strips. Formula retro is no good. Can barely take a corner at kansai in 2nd gear. Under steer followed by sharp turn in. Pretty nasty. Brabham also has funny rumble strip sound.

12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont agree that the track stace must sync with real weather, as i would like the track state to be constant for my time, given that the cars don't go any faster given time acceleration. I appreciate that the current system works such that the evolution of the track state matches the time multiplier, but I would like to independently manipulate this which i believe could be an option, rather than be prescribed.

13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe that weather time multiplier matches time multiplier given real weather is selected, so 6 minute weather slots is a feature. If you want to condense the weather of a 24 hour race into a 25 minute race, you can select 60x time multiplier and each minute of racing represents the weather for each hour of the race.

14. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Not sure if I was the only one who whined about AI at Interlagos or not, but I definitely noticed this. There are things I like and don't like about this title, but definitely in the like category is Reiza's responsiveness to user-reported issues.
    :hurrayreiza:

15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Well that i know and is what i am saying. the issue i am referencing to is that at 10x, weather slots shouldn’t advance every minute or two.

• Like Like x 1
  16. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

I spent four hours in TT tonight and no crashes, looking good.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tested modifying the pit strategy in the intermission before the grid several time and no crash.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Reiza for fixing the JCW mini dampers. All good now in full release BETA still yet to catch up. This is a unique time where full release is ahead of BETA. LOL

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did the stuttering caused by AI entering the pits get resolved? I used to get it in single arces all th time, have only been doing custom championship since it dropped but have not noticed any stuttering when AI pits. Did a fix sneak through without being in the change log?

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If it happens again, lower pit crew detail to "player only" for a try. Full pit crew detail usually is, what causes this stuttering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1