1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Telemetry

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by RoloFuentes, Jun 20, 2021.

1. RoloFuentes

RoloFuentes Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello!!

Yesterday bought AMS2... set up everything and it was working great with SimHub (vibrating motors and transducers) and Sim Racing Studio & Thanos (SFX150 motion platform)

Today I start the game and it is not sending any telemetry data (SRS or SimHub), I have rebooted it all about 3 times, double-checked everything, and seems that the problem is the Game. I have also talked to SRS and they confirm that the problem is AMS2.

Any idea on what could be done?

Any help would be aprecciated.

Thanks!

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If the game output of the external apps settings is still the same then something, that sounds strange: could you try to check in the Gameplay->Display->Suspension Setup Display if it is set to rates? (It's rather important for actual telemetry apps, to get suspension rates calculated properly, but who knows if it also influences other things)

Interestingly the newest version of the IkoRein telemetry tool also doesn't pick up any telemetry here, but the 10.1 version still does. Strange indeed.

3. RoloFuentes

Rebooted about 5 or 6 times... never worked...

Last reboot...
    AMS2-> nothing... exit the game
    PC2-> all fine... 2 laps and everything as usual.. close the game and exit
    AMS2-> Working... as before.. SimHub, SRS, Motion Compensation...all

W E I R D

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Member

Having issues as well but for me its only the wheels slip effect in simhub.
    In some combos its like the effect is muted , other combos its like the volume is at 200%.
    Before the last update i had almost no wheels slip/scrub effect in the F3 car and now its fine again, other way around with the GTE class, can barely feel it while driving now .
    Same with Dpi , was working fine previous update but when i try it now its like the volume is at 200% and even on a straight its rumbling like crazy,
    Did some testing with only the wheels slip effect on and its working but somethings off in some combos.
    Weird indeed.

5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Go into Options -> System, change both shared memory and UDP protocal frequency to Project cars 2, and then set UDP Frequency to 1 and then report back here as to if it works.

6. RoloFuentes

Today happend again...

I open PC2 start a race.. quit.. AMS2... and working...

Run PC2 is the solution... why? No clue

7. Roland Van de Walle

Just checked but was already on it.
    I assume it works wel for you ?
    Have big differences depending on track and car.
    Just tried GTE porsche on long beach , daytona and donington .
    Could barely feel it on Long Beach and Daytona exept when i spin so it is working
    On Donington everytime i take a corner my buttkickers are going crazy and are clipping, the effect feels much stronger then when i try a test signal for the effect in simhub.

8. RoloFuentes

Its weird... maybe depends on the track surface?
    In my case AMS2 is just not sending telemetry.. innyour case would be erratic telemetry?

9. Roland Van de Walle

Perhaps , but when i try with the F3 on long beach it feels fine so not sure if its the track surface.
    Last week was the other way around , didn't feel anything with the F3 on long beach and the porsche felt fine.
    Have these issues since the march update ,only on the wheels slip effect, before that it worked extremely wel with only 1 profile
    Had some sound issues with realtek drivers so tought it was related with that .
    Bought a dedicated soundcard for the transducers and did a clean install for windows 10 last week.

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you checked this?

11. Roland Van de Walle

Yeah , checked it last night and changed to rates but didn't change anything.
    Removed documents and reinstalled last night , after did some test drives on the same combos , same result
    Tried again this morning to see if i could find the issue and to my surprise it was working on the combos i tried last night.
    Then tried Spa with the GTE porsche , wheels slip effect feels muted again , so weird.