1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Londrina. Why do I love this track so much?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Jeff Scharpf, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just started a new Stock Car 2020 championship. Second race is at Londrina. I don't know what it is about this track, but I just love it. Maybe because it's relatively short, maybe it's the scenery, I'm not sure.
    I had not driven on this track since GSC back in .. 2010 ish??? lol.. so it brought back great memories of the very first Game Stock Car, and how I became familiar with this racing series. So I guess it was sort of a nostalgic ride for me too.. anyway, love this track!
    It also makes me realize how much this game has.. almost too much. I need to focus on one series and try to get good at it.. but then I keep getting distracted by the next shiny object... I feel like a squirrel lol..

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Great circuit!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

I would say this is one of the best tracks in VR for me. Like a rollercoaster ride. Great track for the Sprint car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a short track, so it's easy to memorize what comes next around the track, but it also has some corners that are hard to master due to how they unbalance the car. This "easy to learn, hard to master" quality is not something that every track has, especially not for almost every corner of the track.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Its the little s-corner and the corner before that that makes it tricky <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

My favorite with the old Opala's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You're absolute right. I love this track as well since I drove there with GSC the first time. It's the flowing mix of short straights and good to drive corners. This is also a fantastic track for Copa Truck or older StockCars.
    Beside Londrina, also Guapore and Caruaru (still missing in AMS2) are very good tracks which I love(d) much. Or the legendary Buenos Aires track which will fit well for F-Retro and is still missing in AMS2. Not only a modern track could find the way into that super SIM also a historical layout would be great.
    By the way, the old StockCars are very good to drive now. For me, this is real driving ;).

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You all put things so eloquently. I had no idea what it was I liked exactly, but all of these responses kind of put this into words better than I could.
    And thanks for the onboard video! That was great! After having just driven this in AMS2, and now seeing it for real, it makes me realize how good AMS2 is here! And I have a second 40 minute race to run this weekend. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1