1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Talking about pit crews I noticed that they are still hit and miss if they show up in the pit lane. Sorry I can't remember if that one was sorted or tweaked..

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe you are right. I just thought if the track state does NOT sync anymore with the weather we could get strange situations like the track is dry although it’s raining….;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Another one of those "This is Impressive!" moments just now.

Viewing a replay of a formula trainer race which had close racing between me and 3 ai for 20 mins, 1st to 4th to 3rd to 2nd etc etc, no mistakes, just really really close nip and tuck racing. Ai were absolutely super, but thats not what had me impressed (even though I was at the ai too but thats another story).

What had my mind blown was when I climbed out of my homebuild cockpit and crouched on hands and knees, Vr headset still on, to watch the front suspension, steering and tyre deformation at work. Absolutely stunning.
    If we had any guests in the house they would have seen my ass waving in the air and me going "Oh wow, thats amazing" staring at the floor :D

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Yep. F-Vintage :eek:

5. Robbb74

Robbb74 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Been there, done that.. and was as impressed as you were!!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

We need video evidence of those affirmations

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL don't you know that in real sims tires must be as hard as bricks and no deformation? :D
    Jokes apart, VR is too intense for me, but I always look in awe at the videos of players using it. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. latorre

latorre Casi siempre dispuesto AMS2 Club Member

sencillamente ESPECTACULAR¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Let me volunteer to be "that guy"...
    "You should try this at least once, and you will be sold, this and that"
    Followed by a whole slew of superlatives, of course.
    One or two exaggerated claims in there for good measure...
    "It will boost your entire existence to greater heights, such and so"

I will leave you with a dire warning that maybe is not often heard from the VR crowd...
    Should you get used to it, there is a good chance that reverting to monitor(s) will just be a no-no for you.
    I find my spoiled brain has too much of a translation to do coming back to the 2d world.
    Also, the other cars seem too small to me.
    I'm already a lost cause, heed my warning!o_O

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

It is indeed a one way path, a descent into madness from which few return untouched. What is it they say.. If you look into the abyss, the abyss looks back into you. Some things cannot be unseen.... Anyway, thats enough about the neighbours looking at my butt crack waving in the air. Vr is pretty cool too.

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried VR....he is not wrong...

I'm still staying on pancake mode due to some advantages on personal side, but there is almost nothing better, i've ever experienced, that can be used with a home PC/Console. It really is THAT good...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

VR is awesome. Had it for 1 month, but sold it again due my cats jumping on my lap and playing with the cables.
    But 'pancake' has some benefits like seeing my equipment, seeing my surroundings/cats, no heat, no sweat etc etc.
    Probably will buy VR again when it's just a pair of glasses. Lightweight and no sweat/heat.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

For me VR is completely broken in AMS2 now. No matter the settings many tracks have multiple points where it stutters so annoyingly that I can't play it anymore.

I will never play pancake racing, so unfortunately my favourite SIM will be uninstalled and I guess I'll stick to AC for now. It seems to be the only SIM that runs flawlessly in VR.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are there any plans to release the Kart track at Spa-Francorchamps which is already modelled?
    spakart.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Apparently this bug has already been submitted to the bug report but thought I'd post this up here as a reminder cause its bugging the hell outta me and its a pretty serious one that could be experience shattering in many cases, and seeing as Im having such a good time with AMS2 I'd love for this to get fixed asap so's we can all keep having a great experience, Let me know if you to have encountered this one?

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I switched from a CV1 to a G2 around the same time as 1.2 came out so I can't really know for sure. But I've had a suspicion that AMS2 VR became heavier with 1.2... again nobody should trust my word on this, because I lost months of gut feeling about AMS2 VR performance with the headset change. But I have to run surprisingly mediocre settings for my system to keep it smooth around more complicated tracks when things get heated. Which is a minor thing for me really, but I can see how others could struggle bad.

Transition from day to night is a nightmare. Same with early morning. Something like up to 50% GPU overhead added. I wonder if VR needs its own optimisation round after the graphics updates?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Agree - rocking a 5900x & 3090 suprim X...

Day time no rain I can sit on a combo of low/med/high and maintain 80+ fps mostly at 90 once the race is underway.

However once dusk/night/weather gets involved it can quickly drop to as low as 60-70fps which is absolutely not doable without throwing up...

Thats all on a G2 at 50% resolution per eye (2244x2192).

However I can set resolution at 100% (3172x3100), knock up all the settings in game and select Motion smoothing forced on and its very playable as long as you dont keep looking left and right significantly all the time (oh it also looks absolutely breathtaking!).

Night time/heavy weather even then I can go below 45fps but then I just knock the reoslution down a bit.

Its still a balancing act even with the latest and greatest gear in VR currently.

18. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

What happens with motion smoothing on auto? For me there are many stutters (even on very high settings, which should basically make it forced), perhaps I should try to force it on.

19. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Auto - not a good experience - I guess whilst its figuring out what it wants to do it keeps going from one to the other.

Not saying forced is perfect but the extra visual fidelity I get is more than worth it under most circumstances. Im far too slow to be a serious competitive racer but under those circumstances I would probably put a solid 90fps as my priority - for all other stuff Im more than happy with forced on with all the eye candy :)

20. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Well. I tried it. Forced on, still gives me microstutters here and there. Ever since the last update it just gives microstutters. Before I could run motion smoothing on and everything would be silky smooth. I tried using steam beta, WMR beta, non beta. Different nvidia drivers. Deleting all settings, reinstalling AMS 2. No matter what. I have microstutters in VR and also ghosting of objects, which I never had. AMS2 used to be amazing with motion smoothing, where you almost could not tell the difference. I guess those days are over now...