1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using SimHub - Tyre temps wrong way round

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Petrolhead, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

I usea tyre app thro simhub so I can get an idea of tyre temps. The tyres are slit into inner, middle and outer.

From what I can see and I have tested this using sill neg camber, the inner and outer are the wrong way round.

Anyone else noticed this or have i missed something?

2. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Via shared memory or UDP?

I've not tried SimHub but I have read the shared memory and UDP headers - and tyre surface inner / mid / outer temps are not included in the shared memory header.

They are included in the UDP header, named sTyreTempLeft, sTyreTempCenter, and sTyreTempRight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Petrolhead

Shared Mem PC2
    UDP 4
    Protocol PC2

Confused by your 2 statement, for not included, then included. Could you explain please

4. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

SMS have published files that define what details are included in the shared memory output, and what details are included in the UDP output. These details differ between the two.

It isn't obvious from a quick scan of the SimHub site which of these means SimHub is using. I think perhaps you would be better directing your questions at their support.

5. Petrolhead

Are right, understand now, thanks

6. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey sorry for the slight necro post but, for anyone who's still trying to figure this one out if you change Simhub's telemetry mode to UDP in game configuration. It will read Inner Middle Outer tyres correctly when using the appropriate property.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree.

But some characteristics still persist in AMS2 (inherited from PC2 API?) unfortunately.
    Telemetry passes Tyre temperatures as integer while one need decimals to optimize contact patch varying pressure (linearizing I, M, O) temps. Integers are ok for camber setup.

UDP protocol functions very well in my pc but a lot of people reported issues to AMS2 framerate.
    Strangely SimHub configured via UDP eventualy stops to function after closing/reopen game or SimHub and the dashes refuses to run again even after reboot (maybe a local net protocol issue, I really don't know).

I do love SimHub, don't take me wrong!
    And I load my simple hud everytime I run AMS2 but not in UDP mode anymore.
    I'm using a second monitor :rolleyes: to run SecondMonitor just to read realtime I, M, O temps.

8. chonk

I maybe misinterpreting something here, but for me at least I can output a decimal value just by changing the result format. We could totally be talking about two different things though. I'm just making it up as I go along.

ehh I've only just switched over to UDP mode in simhub so haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces to see if any errors occur purely because of it. I'll have a play around properly in a bit. Thanks for the heads up though.

9. newtonpg

Well, this is a response I received directly from the author of SimHub, maybe something changed since then?

Wotever <notifications@github.com>
    dom., 27 de dez. de 2020 09:49
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    para SHWotever/SimHub, mim, Author
    [​IMG]

Ah ah ;) no worries ;)

For reference here are the definitions : API For External Apps - Project CARS 2 available in SMS_UDP_Definitions_v2.

unsigned short sTyreTempLeft[4]; // 256 8
    unsigned short sTyreTempCenter[4]; // 264 8
    unsigned short sTyreTempRight[4]; // 272 8
    unsigned short is an integer type (no decimals)

You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
    Reply to this email di

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. chonk

you're probably right, when shared memory was enabled it was outputting incorrect decimal values. I edited the formatting to remove the decimal and then I switched over to UDP that is why I didn't notice any change. Anyway it's sufficient enough for my purposes on a dash during a race. But errors caused by enabling UDP might be the bigger issue, we shall see.

11. newtonpg

Agree with you again.
    And as said before, I only use a minimial hud in races.
    Tyre temps are used for practice / setup.

• Agree Agree x 1