1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple controler profile

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Jens F Mueller, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Breeker

Breeker New Member

This indeed is very annoying, because this method doesn't seem to work consistently.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

You just have to calibrate and map your different controllers and then exit the game and rename the 3 profile files after each calibration - so you have a backup of as many profiles as you want to use.
    Then select the profile you want AMS2 to use by running a batch file before game launch like this example - which include the 3x profil2 files to be used by AMS2.

ByTheWay: It could probably be made more advanced with one single batchfile where you could select a lot of different profiles but in my example you have to make a batch for each wanted profile. Oh - and a batch file is just a plain text file ending on .bat ;)

UseProfil2.png

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  3. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Member

Really late to the party but better late than never eh…sorry about ranting but with all the different car categories around, it’s really puzzling that the multiple controller profiles are still not there.
    Some (if not all) will probably relate that it’s a different experience driving; for example, a formula car with a formula steering wheel instead of flat or rounded 30-32” steering wheel.
    would be nice to just load a profile after changing the wheel (while in game) like some of us have and still doing for years now in other old simulators.
    Not sure if this “feature” does requires much development effort (of course there are other priorities) but if a small effort is needed that it would be great adding it.
    Own three wheels and i’m ranting not sure what this guy would do…

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

To that guy in the video...
    Noob, you don't even have the Fanatec McLaren GT3 rim :p I'm only saying that because i do and you don't....I'm not childish or jealous at all :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, this lack of multiple profiles is getting extremely frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

With the latest patch having control inputs getting looked at, maybe coming soon Reiza will look at adding multiple profiles! Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 3
  7. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

still not a thing, i have 2 wheels, a round one and a formula one, not having the abilty to have seperate profiles is really really bad,

8. 2ndLastJedi

You can have multiple wheel profiles, have been able to for some months now. The only problem I see now is you need to be in the main menu and can't change the profile live on track.

9. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i'll try it, but it seemed greyed out for me

EDIT, ok so it does work in the main menu, thank you for that, i must have been trying during an event

• Like Like x 1