1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Agree. That would probably also be my conclusion if I was driving more than the one car I drive ;)

2. BrunoB

Oh editable that way.
    Yeah this is slightly difficult to read. :D
    Try to input it in Google translate and activate Martian to English.
    Maybe something pops up :p

3. BrunoB

ByTheWay: Taruma Int is a very nice and rewarding track - me think :rolleyes:

1.jpg

4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any news about the big reset?
    Perhaps wait a little more an physic changes.

5. BrunoB

Returned to Raceroom because of the awfull RPM limiter sound introduced in (among others) the F-Reiza by the latest "update".
    This completely mistaken sound implementation make it impossible for me to use AMS2 as long as this sound poo is in the game.:rolleyes:

But what I really want to post in this TT thread is that Raceroom has some live elements in the normal single player TT mode that could make the rather low immersion AMS2 TT mode a lot better.
    1. When you start Racerooms TT mode up with a certain car for the first time - then there is a "live" but empty LB list on top of the screen (= empty because initially you have no position on the TT LB).
    - When you have completeed your first succesfull lap you can follow "live" what position you initially get.
    2. When/if you are able to set a faster laptime then you can follow the progres while on track but still "live" on this LB list on top of the screen. On track its easy to grab who is in front and behind you. (= immersion);)

Yeah it sounds pretty obvious that such kind of "live" elements on a SP mode as TT should be mandatory in any racing game having this kind of mode - but as everybody having used AMS2´s TT mode then ....:whistle:

ByTheWay: There are also limiter sounds in Raceroom - but because their sound system or the implementation of single sounds cues are more advanced than AMS2´s then these single sound cues are not annoying. Because to the contrary of AMS2 they are positioned in a pretty natural 3D sound space where your brain accept them as single or individual sound cues that has their natural positions and not overwhelming anything else. Like they are in a racing game near you :rolleyes:

6. BrunoB

Just a further proof how bad or simplified Reizas audio implementation is in AMS2 then the only way you can (slightly) influence the awfull RPM limiter poo is by turning down the Master Volume.
    Because to the contrary of as example a competent audio managesment like Raceroom then Reiza has included the RPM limiter scream in the general Master Volume.
    In the general Master Volume.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Im not joking here - eventhough most other game developers would have a good laugh.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Check out my former pretty good audio settings - and then my latest settings tweak to at least turn the damned thing slightly down.
    But as said so unsuccesfull that Im unable to use AMS2 before this sound bug is solved. :(

Audio old.jpg Audio RPM limit in Master vol.jpg

7. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I was having a play over the weekend and tried Time Trial at Long Beach but noticed a problem. I was driving the Formula Classic Gen 3, and when I loaded David Gossett's lap as a ghost, I could not follow his line without getting a cut track (and lap time invalidated) because he used the pit exit lane to get a better line for turn 1.

It seems the cut track detection has changed since he set his lap, so what is the policy with Time Trial leader boards when changes like this are made to a track?

• Like Like x 1
  8. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Has been this way since the last update, the track limits were set incorrectly. It is not allowed to cross the blue line on long Beach. Therefore the update.

this line is correct

9. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I already knew the correct line, but the fastest lap was done with a now illegal line, and I was just questioning whether leader boards should be reset for a track if its track limits are tightened. That wider entrance into T1 will only get back a small part of the second I was behind, but it doesn't seem proper that times set on what is essentially a different track should continue to stand.

10. WarmRed

my new world record time in the Procar was with the new update. The world record time before that was when the track limit was exceeded. So the Pro Car is not slower with the new line.
    I know what you mean and yes you would have to delete times before the update. Under pCARS2 you could delete such times automatically or they were marked in the web leaderboard

11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Please start reworking the starting positions for TT, on some tracks you begin in first gear on the start/finsih - straight, on others, game gives you control in the middle of last chicane (Montreal) or on a high curb (Hockenheim Historic) and player can hardly avoid a spin.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. BrunoB

Yeah - on most tracks Reiza could safely move the starting point at least 100 m back.
    Another point is that on a few tracks the starting position when you get user control is on top of a curb.
    Not exactly the smartest solution because you get this user control with almost full throttle :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: This goofy TT auto start is probably a leftover from pCars2 - but at least this part should be potientially :D easy to solve - because in TT mode cars could just be leftover to the user in gear neutral and with zero throttle.;)

13. David Vickery

David Vickery Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd be happy if they set the TT starting point at the beginning of sector 3 on all tracks. Okay it might be too far back on some long tracks. But I'd have thought it is simpler than doing bespoke positioning for all tracks and much better than having to do a full lap before you can do a proper flying lap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mking

Mking New Member

My new World Record in Daytona with Dpi

15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, when I set my lap the pit lane exit was still useable (it was that way in Pcars 2), it changed in the more recent updates. It wasn't true to the IRL track limits, but everybody was taking it to be competitive. Though with the Formula Classic Gen 3, I didn't set a solid lap, so I'm sure it'll be beaten even with the new track limits. They need to reset the leaderboards though.

EDIT:
    Went back and made another attempt at the Formula Classic Gen 3 - Long Beach record and narrowly edged out ramsaysg's time by 0.083. This time with the correct track limits and stock setup.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think what they mean is you should still be able to download a TT time's setup, even if you can't download the ghost. Having the setup right there makes it easier for people who are fast drivers, but not good with the engineering side. Also, for leagues, people will often grab setups from TT and use them as a baseline for quick car development.

I'm still not sure why some TT attempts end up having a ghost. I've never turned off a setting on it, but sometimes it won't record my ghost.

ALSO, please make the TT replay saveable. I play in VR and the replay disappears as soon as I exit the session. I would like to be able to capture a full-resolution version of my lap instead of just relying on the VR footage.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. BrunoB

Fully agree with that.
    I mean we live in 2021 and the only way you afterwards a session can watch a TT replay is if you are lucky enough that AMS2 has succeded saving a ghost of the lap.
    But now comes the complete laughable joke:
    You are only allowed to watch the ghost in utterly silence - because AMS2 is not able to save the ghosts replay sounds.
    Come on - in 2021 :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: I have seen it "argumented" by some of the more fanatic 100% uncritical AMS2 supporters that this flawed replay system in AMS2 is a mandatory and unsolvable "feature" in a racing game that hold such an advanced thing as the socalled Live Track.:D

18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Would be nice if we could see which driving aids ppl are using in TT, just like it was in AMS 1.

19. WarmRed

If Reiza would finally release the web leaderboard like they did with pCARS2 and AMS1, we could see it quite easily. It would all be there already. I've often asked when it will finally come but Renato doesn't seem to want to say anything about it.

20. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

BeccoBunsen SprintRace@longbeach top of the world! :D:D (5 min soddisfation after 2 days trying..)

• Funny Funny x 2