1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with graphic settings

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ilídio Guedes, May 31, 2021.

1. Ilídio Guedes

Ilídio Guedes New Member

Hello,

I haven't been able to change the graphics settings in the game for a few months, that is, when I enter the game the settings appear all low/medium but even changing everything to ultra when leaving the game and re-entering everything is the same ... Already I deleted the graphicsconfigdx11.xml file, uninstalled the game and nothing. And that frustrates me because every time I want to play, I always have to make those settings.

Does anyone have a solution?

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Could it be something preventing the game to write the changes to the file?
    I mean something on Windows file level?

ByTheWay: I guess you are running W10 - so you never know:rolleyes:

3. Ilídio Guedes

Ilídio Guedes New Member

yes i'm running Win10....

It happened to me when I joined Geforce Experience and optimized the Project Cars 2 game...from then on I have problems with graphic settings and what's strange...or not, is that in Project Cars 2 it's the same I can't make changes either...I don't know if there is any compatibility issue with the two games since they use the same engine

4. Delvious

Delvious New Member AMS2 Club Member

GFE is overwriting the settings everytime the game launches. Need to turn off the "optimize games automatically" setting. Restart pc, then you should be good to go after verifying that setting stayed off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ilídio Guedes

Ilídio Guedes New Member

I did that but the problem persists...I'm really confused what's going on because in another games I don't have this problem

6. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

You might need to go into the Nivida profile settings, you should be able to find the icon in your pop up at bottom of tray ( prob bottom right ) .
    It will have a global settings option that lists many things like aliasing etc.
    it’s possible that the the setting of let or use application settings is marked disabled, meaning it will override anything to do with aliasing in the game .

It might be best to click on restore to default at top right of this page, but be aware that will probably turn on vsync.

7. Ilídio Guedes

Ilídio Guedes New Member

Nvidia profile settings? Where? On Geforce Experience or Nvidia Panel Control?

8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

control panel.
    I’d get rid of GeForce personally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ilídio Guedes

Ilídio Guedes New Member

Well, nothing happens again....it's very very strange I think I did everything and nothing works

10. Steve Lewis

Steve Lewis New Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you have logitech wheel? I know ghub was blocking the saving of settings for iracing.

11. Ilídio Guedes

Ilídio Guedes New Member

No mate, I have a Simucube Pro 2...This problem only happens on PCars2 and Automobilista2