1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Mking

Mking New Member

Lets rock thx for the updates nice weekend team reiza

2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

All Formula Cars beginning with V12 up to modern ones show this behaviour on any track. It was extremely horrible in PC/PC 2. AMS 2 still has traces of this behaviour, whilst it is not there in Sims like R3E, AC, Iracing or AMS 1.

3. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if the tyre treads or something has been updated in the Copa Unos but man, these things feel better than ever. Likewise the Ginetta G40s.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

100% Aggression? I just tried them at 85% and seemed mostly normal.

5. sk8

sk8 Member

Porsche gt3 at Silverstone is mind blowing! Best of all the sims for me.
    Just don't hit a bump though. Bounce bounce. Don't like that weird invisible ceiling the car hits when you go up on two wheels. I was able to drive on two wheels in raceroom, but I'd rather do it here! Can we get two wheel physics fixed please!!!
    :D

6. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I'm pretty certain this is a carryover from PC2: the Madness engine always had some oddities with airborne physics whether during crashes or simple 2-wheel moments

7. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Are there any plans to include an option for controller users to completely disable all built-in aids/dampers/filters and get raw input like in AMS1? AMS2 seems to have the same problem PCars2 has with some sort of built-in filter that cannot be turned off and causes some input lag.
    Also I see steering lock in the car setup but didn't see steering range anywhere in car setup or controller setup, are there any plans to implement that option?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you getting the corner in a proper way? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Nice update. BMW M4 GT4 now is Nordschleife approved :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I haven’t had tire skip in these since months ago when the damping function was added. There is a difference in how the F1 tires grip in AMS2 that’s maybe explained by the lack of contact patch dynamism in at least R3E, AC and AMS1. I always interpreted real life onboards so that the car is not on rails, but always slipping a bit here and there. This seems minimal these days though.

Or do you mean something else?

11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Exactly this.

Which damping function do you mean? ;)

12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. This has improved the racing for me at Nurburgring Veedol in GTE. I just had 2 races there with no frustration. Even corner 1 behaviour was pretty good. Appreciate the update!

As a note, my aggression is only at 50% but I find their behaviour far less psychotic in this release. I see someone else had issues with Brands Hatch so maybe it depends on track, but there is a definite improvement at the track I usually race at.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I created a new custom championship last night with the GT1 and the refueling bug is still there, refueling only works in the last DLC when I create a championship

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same "issue" but I've felt some strange behavious with some Formula cars in the past too. Only until i checked the ingame telemetry and saw that car was hitting the ground and had to increase it's ride height (for me it was visible at Spa with modern Bus Stop where the car just snapped away and that V8 early 90s car).

• Useful Useful x 2
  15. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 has always had a very strange thing in its physics where the rear tyres seemed to struggle for grip on corner exits, while the fronts suddenly seem to gain grip as soon as you hit the throttle again.

This has been reduced in recent updates, but the current state of things still doesn't match up with what we see in real life onboards. The pattern is as is follows: Turn into the corner while/after braking, have a little understeer, hit the throttle again, and correct the immediate oversteer - or anticipate it by not turning at all anymore; the car will still turn for you.

It's weird because according to basic weight distribution, you'd expect the opposite: A lot of grip on the fronts while braking, but a little more understeer on corner exits, and less sensitivity to the amount of steering at the end of a corner.

As it is, it feels like 80% of the weight of the car shifts towards the front under acceleration.

It's not equally extreme with all cars - with the formula cars, the downforce tends to compensate a bit, and I actually think that cars like Group A, BMW Procar and also the 2020 Stock Car have it down pretty nicely. Others, like the Formula 3, or the V8 Supercar, show the aforementioned behaviour.

On another note, the Formula Ultimate is fun, but borderline arcade at the moment. With a lot of fuel, the car's behaviour has absolutely nothing to do with real life (much, much, much too quick), especially the tyres should be much more sensitive to aggressive driving. Also, the car shows grip levels that not even the 2020 Mercedes could reach at eg Silverstone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

From 1.1.2.0
    ”Added slow damping function to all tires (generally improves tire damping & fixes bouncing effect at very slow speeds previouslyproeminent in formula cars)”

Yes this happens in real life too if the car is capable of throttle oversteer.

In open wheelers

1992 DTM Merc

V8 Supercar

Unless you mean the exact amount of throttle oversteer. It’s sometimes difficult to know if people talk about the same thing :D. In that case some cars do or at least have had optimistic slip angles even though the concept is there.

For me Group A is not well atm. It has loads of one tire fire which makes oversteer out of corners unpredictable.

I agree that it doesn’t seem faithful to recent F1 pace except was it ever meant to be an exact copy of F1 2020 or fictional with even more grip?

See above for V8 Supercar onboard. It should show this behaviour in all sims.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK it was a 2017 spec in AMS2 and was updated to 2019 for AMS2. A generic model, but meant to represent the F1 cars of its respective season, much like the RSS F-Hybrids for Assetto Corsa do.

• Like Like x 1
  18. macbtz

macbtz Member

The problem is that the mandatory pit stops don't work. And also if we increase fuel consumption to force the AI to stop, they simply run out of fuel and retire. They never pitstop.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And put to good use by some guy in Formula One:

Understeer isn't the only driving dynamic and trail braking isn't always the only way to achieve rotation. ;)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Anyone find problem with the rumble strip noises? It doesn't sound right...it's like a grinding sound.