1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Track & Layout Used: n/a
    Car Used
    : Gt5, gt3, gt4...
    Applicable Settings: Custom Championship Time or Lap races
    Report: can't add fuel for pit strategy. GTE for some reason works, all others I tried do not.
    Steps to reproduce: try custom champ with gt3 car class or any other class. So far only GTE works for me, but I have only tried gt classes.

Update: ok so looks like with custom date it works, but with current date set for race it does not work.

Nvm, not sure what it is. It randomly works sometimes and at other times it doesn't. Custom Championship is unplayable at this time.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.2.0.8
    Report: The following vehicles are listed on the vehicle selection Ui as having "Soft Slick" & "Wet" tyres however in the car setup Ui it only says "Slick" rather than "Soft Slick" like other vehicles with this two tyre combination...

Q: Are they even Soft Slick tyres..?

ams2_Ui_format_22_v1208.jpg

Chevrolet Chevette Copa Classic (Class: B)
    Fiat Uno Copa Classic (Class: B)
    Puma GTE Copa Classic (Class: B)
    Volkswagen Gol Copa Classic (Class: B)
    Volkswagen Passat Copa Classic (Class: B)
    Puma GTB Copa Classic (Class: FL)
    Volkswagen Fusca Copa Classic (Class: FL)
    Volkswagen Gol Copa Classic (Class: FL)
    Volkswagen Passat Copa Classic (Class: FL)
    F301 F3
    F309 F3
    Formula V12 (Ferrari 412 T2) Formula V12
    Formula Trainer Advanced FTS
    Volkswagen Fusca HC1 Hot Cars
    Volkswagen Fusca HC2 Hot Cars
    Volkswagen Gol Hot Cars
    Volkswagen Passat Hot Cars
    Kart 125cc 2STROKE Karting 125CC
    Kart GX390 Race Karting GX390
    Kart GX390 Rental Karting Rental
    Kart 125cc Shifter Karting Shifter
    Mitsubishi Lancer R Lancer Cup
    Mitsubishi Lancer RS Lancer Cup
    BMW M1 Procar M1 PROCAR
    Sigma P1 P2
    MetalMoro MRX P2
    MetalMoro MRX P3
    MetalMoro MRX P3
    Roco 001 P3
    MetalMoro MRX P4
    MCR S2000 P4
    Chevrolet Opala Stock Car Brasil
    Super Kart 250cc Super Kart
    Sprint Race
    Mini JWC

These cars/classes have a discrepancy of tyre info between the vehicle selection and the setup Ui separate to the issue above..
    Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 3.8
    Formula Reiza
    Formula V10 G1
    Formula V10 G2
    GT1
    Sprint Race
    Mini JWC

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last round of custom championship, Cadillac dpi, at Bathurst, real weather, 19x time, started from pole, 90% AI, 70% aggression. The AI were impossibly quick and passing at crazy spots from impossibly far back as well as banging into the walls. The weather changed quickly from cloudy to rainy and again in the space of 3 corners the tack was soaked again. I could barely keep the car on track and the AI were driving like the track was dry still even though they were on slicks. I pitted for wets and the car all of a sudden would not drive in a straight line in the pits, it was pushing to the right and went past the pitbox, would not stop. Eventually was able to reverse back to pitbox and the car started rotating to face in the garage while the pit crew serviced it. Then all of a sudden hot a message that I had terminal engine damage and retired on the spot, was very bizarre.

4. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Report: Steam Stop button is not killing the game process when needed to kill game due to any hang issue on the system.

5. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Londrina Short
    Car Used: Old Stock Car
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: AI briefly slows at the start finish line each lap
    Steps to reproduce: Race against the AI. When crossing the start finish line on each lap, the AI slows unnecessarily.

6. Coanda

Report: From what I can see there are a handful of ways the individual vehicles are sorted for each vehicle however for the following list of vehicles they do not fully follow any one protocol and are disordered.. Personally I like the default which for the majority are ordered by vehicle number, however I can understand that this can not always be achieved as some two car teams incorporated low and high numbers and from what I can see (and this is a pure guesstimate) Reiza prefer some liveries to be present as the first vehicle on the list which do not follow suit and this has been taken into consideration.. I have seen some vehicles ordered by numeric, alphanumeric, team combo, driver, team, community liveries and then midway through the list it all changes to some other sorting..

Aussie Racing Camaro
    BMW M1 Procar
    Cadillac DPi-V.R
    Camaro GT4.R
    Chevrolet Chevette - Copa Classic (Class: B)
    Chevrolet Cruz - Stock Car 2019 2020 2021
    Volkswagen Fusca - Copa Fusca
    Chevrolet Montana
    Fiat Uno - Copa Uno
    F301
    F309
    Formula Classic G1 M1 (Williams FW11B)
    Formula Classic G1 M2 (Arrows-BMW A9)
    Formula Classic G2 M2
    Formula Classic G2 M3
    Formula Classic G3 M1 (Ferrari 643)
    Formula Classic G3 M2 (Williams FW14)
    Formula Classic G3 M3 (Benetton B191)
    Formula Reiza (Red Bull Racing RB6)
    Formula Retro Gen2
    Formula Retro V12
    Formula Retro V8
    Formula V10 G1 (Dome F105)
    Formula V12 (Ferrari 412 T2)
    Formula Vee
    Formula Vee + Fin
    Formula Vintage G2 M2
    Volkswagen Fusca HC1
    Volkswagen Fusca HC2
    Ginetta G40 - GT5
    Ginetta G40 - Ginetta G40 Cup
    Ginetta G55 GT4
    Ginetta G55 - Ginetta G55 Supercup
    Ginetta G58
    Volkswagen Gol - Copa Classic (Class: B)
    Volkswagen Gol - Hot Cars
    IVECO Stralis - Copa Truck
    Kart 125cc 2STROKE Karting 125CC
    Kart 125cc Shifter Karting Shifter
    Kart GX390 Rental Karting Rental
    McLaren 720S GT3
    MCR S2000 - P4
    Mercedes-AMG GT3
    MetalMoro AJR - Chevrolet P1
    MetalMoro AJR - Honda P1
    MetalMoro MRX - P2
    MetalMoro MRX Ford - P3
    MINI Cooper JCW
    Mitsubishi Lancer R Lancer Cup
    Mitsubishi Lancer RS Lancer Cup
    Chevrolet Opala - Stock Car Brasil 1979
    Chevrolet Opala - Old Stock Race
    Chevrolet Opala - Stock Car Brasil 1986
    Volkswagen Passat - Copa Classic (Class: B)
    Volkswagen Passat - Hot Cars
    Porsche 911 GT1-98 - GT1
    Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 3.8 - Carrera Cup
    Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 4.0 - Carrera Cup
    Porsche 911 GT3 R GT3
    Porsche 911 RSR-19 GTE
    Porsche 962C Group C
    Puma GTE - Copa Classic (Class: B)
    Puma P052 - GT5
    Roco 001 - P3
    Sauber C9 - Group C
    Sprint Race
    Super V8 (Gen2 ZB)
    Super Kart 250cc
    Ultima GTR Race

These following vehicles have a misalignment between the vehicle numbers string and the livery..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These following vehicles have underscores leftover in the string value..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stock Car 2020 has no vehicle numbers in the string like all other vehicles..
    [​IMG]

Formula Retro V8 & V12 are the only 2 vehicles out of 123 to incorporate an extra number after team..
    [​IMG]

Formula V10 G1 is the only vehicle out of 123 to incorporate "a" & "b" after the vehicle number to group each team livery..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if it's a bug or just how it works, but on custom championship I set the weather to real, real time, a date a few years back, If I come back into the game to continue where I left off (the start of a race for instance) the weather is completely different when shouldn't it be the same as when I left it?

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, had the same happen to me. Race tonight was tipping down with rain, I cancelled and exited, went back in and it was dry sunny weather.

9. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg F1
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate
    Applicable Settings: irrelevant
    Report: not all laps are counted if one goes off track.
    Steps to reproduce: do a custom race and be bumped off track especially on the in-field and that lap will not count. The timer will just continue until the next lap.

10. Xblurone

Track & Layout Used: Nurburgring combined
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Anything with a wet track but the sunset is visible
    Report: Sunrays and sun reflection come from below the track. Ie the sun is not visible already below the horizon but will reflect on the track nevertheless. Whether or not there are trees blocking where the sun is supposed to be according to the reflection.
    Steps to reproduce:: drive any car on the wet track when the sun has gone down already but red glow in the sky. Even when it’s foggy one can see the sun reflection at times in the puddles.

11. Xblurone

My Above 2 reports are when in VR (oculus) by the way. If that makes a difference.

12. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Custom Championships, realistic time, real weather, no time acceleration, no assists, real wear and fuel usage.
    Can't set the pit strategy to take any fuel.
    Can't change pit strategy in a race to take fuel. I just end up running out of fuel after about an hour.
    Standings in a multi-class championship don't appear to be separated (listing by class).
    At preview, and when spawning in, the labels don't show "Practice" or "Qualify" but once you spawn in, you get the correct session(s).
    On a lighter note, I'm racing against Renato Simioni! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Warren Frost

Warren Frost New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any Track
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: VR, wet track
    Report: Rain spray off cars' tyres (rooster tails) makes everything, including the track transparent. I can see the spray through other objects, including the environment. It's particularly jarring when the cars in front go over the crest of a hill and I can see the trails of spray through the track.
    Steps to reproduce: It happens every time I race with a wet road.

upload_2021-6-26_10-34-19.png

14. Coanda

Version: 1.2.1.0
    Vehicle & Track: F1 V10 - Silverstone 2020 - 10:AM Test Day - 1 Custom Weather Slot
    Report: Something is a little off with the Rain and Storm track temperature. It simply is too high and should be more aligned with the ambient temperature. The overcast day comparison also highlights this issue as it has a higher ambient temperature with a lower track temperature than the storm weather settings..

Storm: A-16 TT-30
    ams2_track_temp_storm.jpg

Overcast: A-19 TT-27
    ams2_track_temp_overcast.jpg

Here is some data from the 2017 Formula One session that maybe of some use..

ams2_track_temp_2017_f1.jpg

15. maconnolly

maconnolly New Member

Track & Layout Used: Oulton Park International mainly; though tested others with same results.
    Car Used: Sprint Race (single-class races configured).
    Applicable Settings: Custom Championship - tested creating new championships with mutliple race rounds, but also single-race championships. Tested both with Mandatory Pitstops on and off. Tested both with race limits set by Laps and Time.
    Report: Unable to have fuel added as part of a pitstop. This is true even if using a Pit Strategy created outside of the Custom Championship that does include refueling.
    Steps to reproduce: Create any Custom Championship and perform a pitstop with a Pit Strategy selected that should add fuel.

I know this has been reported already, but I wanted to add as I have tested this as thoroughly as possible. I wiped all of existing Custom Championships and created new ones, today. I verified that the Pit Strategy was working in Test Day mode.

No matter which combination of settings I choose (e.g. long race, short race, measured by laps/time) the issue persists. I presume it is a blanket issue with refueling in all Custom Championships.

For me, this is a real shame as it is preventing me from committing to this game - the Custom Championship is effectively the only game-mode for me right now. I am able to work around this, of course, by adjusting the starting fuel to see me through the race. I must admit, I haven't extensively tested how the AI deal with this. Look forward to seeing this fixed and happy to provide further testing if required.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just wanted to add that this issue occurs in any championship, not just custom. In early revisions, this was not an issue, as I have played a couple of the non-custom championships. I have not tried single races yet, so I'm curious.

17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: -
    Car Used: -
    Applicable Settings: Rain
    Report: Roco 001 needs some brighter rear lights hardly to see them in rain/spray or at night.

ss142136.jpg

18. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: -
    Car Used: F-Retro 1, Lotus 72E
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: Left and right mirror different zoom factor
    ss145639.jpg

19. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.2.1.0
    Settings/environment: VR with Oculus Rift S
    Report: Small issues noticed while viewing a replay (and in past experiences):

- The VR "gaze cursor" disappears in the replay view with no apparent way to bring it back when you hide and unhide the UI.

- The "Exit replay" button is not highlighted on mouseover and can't be moved to with the d-pad. Combined with the first issue, this occasionally makes exiting replays in VR a bit awkward.

- Viewing a replay often creates a duplicate of the replay when it starts. The cancel button in the "Saving replay..." window doesn't work. These duplicates take space, delay replay viewing and add admin time when you delete them. Duplicates to delete can be hard to find in the UI if you're looking for one that was created a month ago from a replay originally saved a year ago among tens, hundreds or more items in the gallery.

20. maconnolly

maconnolly New Member

I can confirm refueling works fine in the other, non-Championship modes. This includes Test Day and Single Race.

I haven't explicitly tried Multiplayer, but I suspect this uses the same architecture as 'Single Race' so I would suspect it is fine there, too.

• Informative Informative x 2