Wheel changing degrees of rotation after playing AMS.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Rodent, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Rodent

Rodent Member AMS2 Club Member

So, this is not the biggest issue in the world, and one I'm not entirely convinced AMS is to be blamed for at all, but anyway:

So I tend to run my T300 at 900 degrees of rotation, however once I've played AMS the wheel will change to whatever I raced last in AMS. 360, 450 etc. Now while it's not a major issue to change it back in the controller settings it is a bit annoying considering none of the others sims do the same, so I tend to forget and that can get quite disastrous for whatever I race next. :)

Am I missing something with the wheel settings when it comes to the custom/not custom rotation? Or should I just accept my fate and write a check list to go through before "launch"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have set "Yes" to "custom steering range", the game will follow whatever you may have specified. If you had set "no", then this value will be ignored and the game will run whatever corresponds to the vehicle you have chose.

Now, if you have set the wheel to be on 900º on the custom range (which i do not recommend) and the game is failing to follow that information, then we have something wrong going on.

But first, set the custom range to "no" and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodent

I've tried both, the game handles both really well, my issue as it were is that after I close AMS down my wheel does not return to the 900º but stays on whatever car I ran last. I suppose my real question is, is there anyway to have AMS use the appropriate degrees of rotation per car without having it mess with my wheel defaults outside of the game?

Cheers for the quick reply Thiago.

4. Thiago Izequiel

Hm, i guess i understand now. You're saying that your wheel keep the rotation range from the last car you ran on AMS to another sim that you start after?
    So its not from a vehicle to another inside AMS?

Well, i haven't experienced that myself, but maybe this is related to your T300 driver profile?

Does the rotation / angle on your test input tab is set to 900º all the time?

5. Rodent

Exactly that yes. I usually keep it set to 900º, after AMS it will be set to whatever I was racing last, 900 for the Minis, 450 for the Copa Montana etc. and I'll have to re-set it to 900º if I plan to race something in another sim.

As I said it's not a major issue, and if you and others aren't experiencing it, it is probably like I said in the OP something I'm doing wrong :). Not sure what though, running the latest drivers and firmware.

6. Thiago Izequiel

Please post a screenshot so i can see (and the community as well) how you have set your wheel driver profile. Maybe there is something you are missing and we can help by giving you a hint.

7. Rodent

Here ya go. :)

Attached Files:

8. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the exact same issue with the same wheel. The only reason it's not that much of a problem for me is that I'm playing other sims less and less :)

9. Rodent

Hah yeah it's no biggie at all tbh which is why I haven't posted about it earlier, but I did give myself quite the fright last time I decided I mess about with the new Nissan in iRacing. :D

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same issue here, same wheel. Actually even with my G27, same issue. I read somewhere that its an issue with the rF engine it uses? I don't remember but I think this was also an issue with SCE even when using a G27.

11. Rodent

Compared to what we used to have in SCE before the patching picked up again and eventually became AMS this is certainly no issue at all, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. :D

12. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

Hi
    Also got this "issue", wont call it a problem as its not gamebraking at all, but as OP says, you do have to open up the wheel config and set it to default before starting another sim, just a check you need to learn yourself to do.
    Would have been nice if AMS could send an updated wheel rotation changing it back to default when closing down the game tho.
    I'm running a T500RS

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm pretty sure this is not related to AMS, at least not exclusively: my T500 acts the same way after playing R3E and AC as well. But like you said, it's no biggie.

14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me, only happens with AMS and SCE. Fine with AC and R3E (though a long time since I tried w/ this game).

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Jyri Kettunen

Jyri Kettunen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha, exactly the same happened to me yesterday!

Indeed, it would be nice if AMS changed the rotation back to whatever it originally was with T300.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ricardo R.G.

Ricardo R.G. New Member AMS2 Club Member

It happens to me too. (T300. Windows7.64bits)

17. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Happens here too. I guess all games that have auto adjustments of wheel rotation depending on the car you chose overwrite the profiler setting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rodent

I wouldn't say all games, I would say AMS. While it's not a major issue, it does not happen with iRacing, R3E, AC, Project CARS or rF2.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. tifosi79

tifosi79 New Member

Of course this is an issue people. You guys almost sound scared trying to point out this problem to the developers. It's almost like you are trying to sugar coat it so that the developers don't get mad or something. Simply pathetic.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  20. Rodent

It's an issue, it's not a big one. When I started this thread, it was because I thought I was doing something wrong, seems like it's with the game and not the settings. I think Thiago has seen that too, but I doubt they can fix it for 1.1, maybe something for 1.2? Also since it's hardly game braking this is less us suger coating it to "placate" Reiza, and more us treating it like the somewhat minor nuisance it is. Not every issue needs the village to assemble with the pitchforks at the ready. :)

• Agree Agree x 4