1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

head movement = 0 , legacy head movement on, vomiting = ON

2. azaris

Unless they changed it from how it works in PC2:
    • TC 1-10 controls how much slip ratio is allowed before the TC kicks in,
    • off/low/high controls how much the throttle is cut whenever TC kicks in.
    This should be possible to verify from telemetry as the effect of TC is visible by comparing the throttle trace vs. the raw throttle trace.

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Racing sim fans play pretty much most sims or at least more than just one, so it's not fair to say that Raceroom fans have low expectations as if they where unfamiliar with what else is available.

Raceroom used to be my favourite sim until I found AMS1. The FFB in AMS1 was so much better that I found it hard to go back to Raceroom, but now that changed with the new FFB, which feels amazing on my T300 after just a few simple adjustments.

Personally the car physics in Raceroom make more sense to me, or at least they feel more consistently good across most content. When the cars understeer or oversteer it feels natural and I can always understand why it happened. Because of this I can be much more consistent (but not faster) in my laptimes on a track like Nordschleife in Raceroom, while in AMS2 things can still feel a bit unpredictable and "exagerated" some times, on some cars at least.

AMS2 however has the potential to go beyond what Raceroom can offer and I can feel that when I drive it, even in the cars that I still prefer in Raceroom, so I have faith in the future of AMS2 and in Reiza's capabilities, but I have to be honest... the new FFB, adding to the great physics, have got me completely glued to Raceroom for now. At least until the next AMS2 update :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Squalido

Squalido New Member

I agree. We are comparing an 8 years old sim vs a 1 year old one. AMS2 has a really great potential considering that it is a long term project as well. And there are already some aspects where ASM2 can be argued to be better (dynamic weather, graphics, tire physics, etc...). With a little bit of patience AMS2 could be there as well in the aspects where it is currently inferior (multiplayer, AI, polishness, more consistency between cars, custom championship).

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I think you should keep such retarded personal political conclusions to yourself.
    No reason to outpour them in a socalled political neutral racing game forum.

ByTheWay: What you hear is probably completely different to what a person like me with a severe tinnitus hear. So beside of your irrelevant political conclusions you dont know what you are talking about conserning hearing the limiter sound poo in AMS2.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

World full of problems = political? Ok.

I think you should avoid using the word "retarded" since we are at it. Gotta stay politically neutral here after all.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Come on.
    Is this really your oppinion?
    So because I have to use a non-FFB wheel then I cannot feel/see the delay/lag between my wheel input and the games reaction.

ByTheWay: I cant even get offended of your bizzare postulate. Its too goofy :D:rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's end of the month again and it's starting to get chaotic again.
    How about not starting sim-wars, insults or passive aggressive interactions this time?
    (Don't get me wrong, honest question, because i'm baffled about this one for a very long time and your explanation actually makes a lot of sense to me, when comparing to my own anecdotal experiences). Do you have a source for that? Would be amazingly helpful!

Also: does this apply to authentic, or does it also for Full driving aids setting?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for that explanation. So even if you have the TC set at a constant value then the effect this has will vary depending on if the other TC setting is off, low or high? So the setting in the controls is TC for throttle cut and not traction control?

10. azaris

New behavior of traction control toggle - Page 3

I think Authentic just disables TC completely for cars that don't have it but leaves all other options available, but I haven't tested it. Perhaps a complete diagnosis with telemetry is in order. Or you know, Renato could just tell us. :whistle:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

Thanks for the link, that makes things clear at least, how it definetly was for the old approach.^^

12. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems I've posted incorrect information when I answered a TC query in the RaceDepartment forum and blithely called High/Low/Zero "global settings" akin to artificial driving aids. It's rather embarrassing to lead people astray, so I will correct this if there is confirmation, preferably from Reiza. The TC's utilisation in the Settings UI and the ICM is confusing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. CrimsonEminence

Yeah, 100% agree here...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Oh,oh Bruno,where should this all end?
    First you hear sounds,that you can avoid.
    Now you see strange delays...hm..
    What does the doctor say to this,don't give up,there is hope.
    Start with a FFB - wheel.:)

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

He needs hand controls as far as i remember but today there are many wheels with paddles for throttle and brake that to drive without FFB isn't really necessary anymore if hand controls are required. Just a good job (well not even a good one) and some saving is required.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Manohy

Manohy Member

Don't forget the AI, the best accross all sim imho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A.I. in AMS2 or RRE? I've heard the A.I. in RRE are a big strong point, but ive not tried racing with them (dont have RRE installed atm to try). Must say the A.I. in AMS2 are absoloutely stellar compared to what they were. Some of the best offline racing I have these days. Having said that there is a big problem with A.I. at certain historic tracks, Some pretty serious problems at 1990's Silverstone for instance. I really wanna have a race there, but i just cant use that track with A.I. until its fixed. No good with cars with low ground clearence.

18. Manohy

Manohy Member

I may be wrong but the x year vs y year sim doesn't really influence the choice of player to play a sim or not. People are more and more impatient nowadays and they want something enjoyable here and now. An absurd example to add a layer of argument but people may die with Covid from a day to an another so they need to enjoy the present instant. From a 10 year old sim or a 1 year old sim It doesn't matter. That's why many people jump back and forth from a sim to an another from an update to an another one. Today AC may be the to go sim due to a new SOL, tomorrow after an update it may be AMS2 etc.

Yes RRRE AI are great. I wouldn't say they are flawless but surely years ahead of all existing sim.

19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. Environment conditions and FFB are the best available IMHO. That doesn't mean other sims can't be doing a good job... But RR still has no rain, no day/night.
    And even on the physics side AMS2 since V1.2 has really raised the bar compared to everyone...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. macbtz

macbtz Member

Well, you should try the Iracing AI, in my opinion the best of all. It is very editable and its behavior in the race is amazing, when the overtaking lines close for example it gives me the feeling of competing with a human.
    The most ironic thing is that the king of online can end up becoming the king of offline.

• Like Like x 1