1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did see some evidence of A.I. slipstreaming in your vid mate at a couple of points, i've just posted a vid of what I was able to find, hope its helpful! Think its mainly down to the wqay they use it.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There is no doubt there is still need for improvement in AI overtaking, especially some multi-class scenarios. Since we know in a prior build they were overtaking like maniacs, unfortunately with a bunch of negative behaviours as well, we know they can overtake readily. It seems to be a balancing act to get them to be assertive, but not overly aggressive "elbows out at all times."

We also know the AI still sometimes don't see cars ahead of them properly. But compared to the past, this problem is much less frequent.

There are also series-specific AI adjustments that will get utilized more often once the basic behaviours are plausible and securely in place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great video, that is undisputable evidence they are towing, thanks!

You are right, they seem to be towing but just do not dare to do the overtake in some situations where it would definitely be clear to do so. That is why I see them glued together for too long.

Another thing that might be interesting to investigate is if the tow the player gets is much stronger than the AI's.

4. Tarmac Terrorist

Thanks mate, from what ive experienced so far it seems to be about the same, although i have to be honest, there have been a couple of times whilst racing online i've thought it was harder to get a tow from other players cars, but then that might just be me being more afraid to get too close to the car infront knowing theres a human driving it, and being a little less sure of what moves they may make if i went for the close overtake. (mainly because if im in VR and they are on a single creen with a v limited FOV, they just may not see me when im right next to them and knock me off track)

5. Manohy

Manohy Member

The video is showing something which appears to be slipstream but if it's really exist the most obvious thing it's showing is it's broken. Also it's presented in a very specific track configuration so can't be seen as something definitive. We've seen some scenarios were the AI suddenly get lot of speed without a car ahead of it in some circuits. So whatever it is, the obvious consequence of it is the AI flocking which is raising a wave of complain among players.
    Just my two cents.

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Don't quite understand how its showing that its broken, it shows it works. Also its not just that particular track, i've experienced the A.I. slipstreaming me and each other pretty much everywhere and mentioned them doing it many times now in videos that have involved me racing them. Im interested to know what you mean by it showing thats its broken? I think the A.I. flocking or (a group of say 3 or 4 close together) may come from cars trying to overtake using the slipstream, slingshot technique, but then not pulling out earlier enough to break out of the slipstream and make the pass, so they get right up to the bumper of the car infront, then slow down before making the pass, effectively loosing the more advantages speed benift, and ending up at the same speed of the car infront. I could be wrong though

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AI is affected by drafting. It's not actively chasing the optimal draft line, still having issues to commit to overtakes fully and it's not clear, if it matches the amount of draft, the player would receive.
    It's not benefiting enough of it, but it is slipstreaming.

Cases where AI has advantages compared to the player on straights without cars in front are related to AI calibration itself. Straightline discrepancies are best reported in the official AI reporting thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Will we have an update for ams2 this week?
    :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  9. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You mean "this month"? ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Did Reiza make an official announcement that we'll receive the Racing USA pack 2 on a specific date? Eagerly awaiting it's awesomeness :cool:

11. leobaruk13

leobaruk13 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a link of what will comes in part 2 and 3?

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope, no official announced definitive date yet.
    The official shop page for the Racin' USA all 3 parts expansion hints, that each part will have 3 venues and that there is also a bit of Oval and Open Wheeler coming. You will not find fully detailed information about what is coming, yet. I think for that we have to wait for some official information.^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a reminder that Reiza released this very nice trailer exactly a year ago today. Happy Birthday, AMS2. :cool:

• Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

011.jpg
    Automobilista 2 V1.2.1.2 is now live - this is another complementary update to the V1.2 release, featuring a new batch of fixed and improvements.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR G29 / G920 / G923: There is currently a conflict with the latest Logitech G Hub software causing the game to crash at startup - we are working on a temporary workaround to the issue to be deployed early on next week, for the time being in order to run AMS2 users of these wheels need to either uninstall G HUB or roll back to the previous 2021.3, disabling auto-update right after installation to prevent it from updating to any of the more recent versions.
    005.jpg
    V1.2.1.0 -> V1.2.1.2 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Added LiveTrack Preset support to multiplayer and dedicated server
    • Fixed an issue that would result in a crash when switching to a second custom championship save that was not created in the current session
    • Fixed refuelling disallowed in custom championships (does not apply retroactively to existing saves)
    • Fixed an issue where incorrect location would be selected in saved setups screen in multiplayer
    • Fixed an issue that could result in a CTD when determining pit speed limit on loading screen in some cases

UI & HUD
    • Fixed Real Weather status text of session settings "Weather Forecast" input from displaying incorrectly in some cases.
    • Made "Dry" Track Wetness label on in-game screens based on wetness of whole track not just main driving line.
    • Added missing texts for fuel/tire multipliers 3-5x (lobby detail screen).
    • Added detailed lobby information to MP Lobby Screen. (highlight 'Session Settings' block to view it)
    • Added sub-menu to lobby screen where host can access/change rules/realism/session settings in multiplayer games. (cannot override dedi controlled games)

PHYSICS & AI
    • Further adjusted AI speed while running offline
    • Increased AI Grip for Bathurst, Imola, Silverstone
    • Rebuilt AI paths for Nurburgring GP & Silverstone from scratch

TRACKS
    • Added seasonal foliage to Hockenheim & Brands Hatch
    • Silverstone: Rebuilt new pit lane cement wall and armco collision
    • Oulton Park: Minor performance pass
    • Updated Interlagos & Nurbugring TV cams in attempt to reduce shimmering
    VEHICLES
    • Stock Car 2021: Updated Guga Lima livery
    007.jpg

• Like Like x 24
    • Winner Winner x 7
  15. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

YAAAY!!!! :)Thanks Reiza! Happy weekend!

16. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Regarding the Practice, Qualifying and RaceLiveTrackPreset values, how do they currently work on the DS side for the server.cfg and sms_rotate.json files? The way I see it, it works like below. Can you confirm?
    Code:
    0 = Default Progressing
    1 = Wet
    2 = Damp
    3 = Green
    4 = Light Rubber
    5 = Medium Rubber
    6 = Heavy Rubber
    Edit: nvm. I saw the DS Changelog

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  17. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Im getting crash to desktop right after launching the game. This is despite following the logitech hub advice above and then validating my Steam files. Never happened before.
    Edit: I don't own a Logitech wheel (Thrustmaster TMX owner), but I do have logitech hub software for my mouse. The software downgraded to the version you recommend and auto updates disabled. Still, the game crashes shortly after start-up.

18. pavig

pavig Member

There is a setting in ghub to allow games to control lighting profiles (on by default). I turned this off and haven't had problems since. (Previously every time i went into a race with pcars or ams my keyboard lights would turn off.) … worth a try.

19. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, but it doesn't change anything for me. I've already had it disabled. :(

EDIT: I have now uninstalled all logitech software from my system. Still the game crashes. I'ma very sad panda.

EDIT2: HA! I needed to delete the entire AMS2 folder in the Documents directory! Now it works. :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you but where is the Porsche RSR?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1