Lastest GHub Version Crash AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Arthur Eduardo, Jun 2, 2021.

1. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh New Member

I can't believe reiza still did not fix this. I had this problem when the GTE patch dropped but it would sometimes work. Now I bought the season pass and the problem is still there. And I'm supposed to mess with ghub, ugh...

2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Don't Make Me Laugh...
    The issue is from GHub mainly, latest 2 updates ****ed my mouse on several games so don't blame Reiza for GHub oddities, just Google for it and you will find how many games are affected by GHub after every update.

In order to fix it you need to be back to old version of it.

3. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh New Member

Absolutely nothing broke here, except for AMS2. Every other sim is working just fine, as well as my pc.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This problem is still one, caused by Logitech directly and not AMS2s fault. Please follow these instructions to backroll your G-Hub.

Post #29
    AMS2 Freezing in Splash Screen (Conflict with Logitech G Hub)

5. Lucas Monteiro

Lucas Monteiro New Member

Do you know if it's because of that sometimes my G29 is not recognized in game? I have to delete "default.controllersettings.v1.03" file and calibrate everything again.

I also have the original file of all software in my Download folder, so I've already went back to previous G-Hub version.
    Thanks for the help.

6. FishMonkeh

FishMonkeh New Member

New Ghub autoupdate today. AMS2 will not launch with the G293. I have disable trueforce, but cannot play due to crashes. I know that Ghub is ****, but, Every other sim, ACC, AC, Raceroom, RF2 works no problem. It is only AMS2 that will not work. Reiza needs to sort it out pleas. I have tried rolling back, but all the Old version links on the Logitech site link to the newest version.
    Anyone have ideas? Or working links to old versions?

7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I've been through this with two Logitech wheels (G29/G920in the last two Years. The fault is obviously on Logitechs side. The G-Hub often fails. My solution was and still is to use the last LGS istead, but I'm aware that this is no solution for the G923.

My last and lasting resort was to ditch it for a Thrustmaster T300.

• Like Like x 1
  8. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

It seems the new update to the Logitech G-Hub software is causing issues when attempting to load the sim.

Have experienced several CTDs during launch (crash takes place at the Reiza Studios screen, FYI) and thought that perhaps it was something to do with a recent change in the BIOS relating to boot drive order (seemed odd that it would be this causing the issue).

Attempted the following:
    1. Uninstalled the game, re-installed it. No dice.
    2. Tried a different USB port. Problem persists..
    3. Disconnected the wheel. Game launches (but now no controller to use, other than keyboard/mouse, etc.)
    4. Reconnected the wheel. Problem persists.
    5. Uninstalled G-Hub. Game launches (but now the connected wheel, which although is recognised by Steam, is no longer recognised in the in-game calibration test).
    6. Reinstalled G-Hub. Problem immediately returns.
    Noticed the date of the most recent Logitech G-Hub update and it coincides with when the problem started - 29th June.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

9. CrimsonEminence

10. CrimsonEminence

Post #29
    This should provide a back-roll (G-Hub actually needs a further step, because auto-updates, the link in his post also provides older versions, when following the steps)
    AMS2 Freezing in Splash Screen (Conflict with Logitech G Hub)

:)

On Logitechs end indeed, unfortunately.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  11. aboe_83

Ahh, thanks man. Sorry for not seeing the earlier post as well.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. aboe_83

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Stix_09

Stix_09 New Member

Ok I'll add to this as I also have g29 and had lots of problems on dif sim's with Ghub software.

My advice if u have a G29/G920

Dump GHub AND use LGS , latest version for win 10 is 9.02.65

Note:
    LGS_9.02.65_x64_Logitech.exe <== This one is 64bit (works with windows 10)
    (NOT LGS_9.02.65_x86_Logitech.exe which is 32bit unless u have older windows)

LGS not being updated any more since 2018, but it works perfectly with latest Windows 10/8/7 and every sim I tested supports it (I have RF2, PC2, AC, AMS 1 & 2, Race07, Raceroom). (esp if u use older sims Ghub is more problematic, and it's often breaking if u update it)

GHub is terrible IMHO, some ver work on some games and not others, and updates often break it (I tested several versions, the later ones are the most buggy)

LGS is just better supported on the G29 wheel(because its not being updates , its stable and its been around for years so old and new games work with it.)

AMS 1& 2 gave me problems with latest versions of Ghub.
    As noted by others Ghub Software Version 2021.3.5164 was the most stable, but may not work properly with older games , (not tested this)

This post show hot to change G29 settings in LGS
    https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360023349273-Adjust-sensitivity-on-the-G29-and-G920-racing-wheels-with-Logitech-Gaming-Software

PS
    I'm using latest current windows 10 build

Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎12/‎05/‎2021
    OS build 19042.1052
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2