1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumble Strip Sounds

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Alex_2o4F, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Alex_2o4F

Alex_2o4F New Member AMS2 Club Member

I know this is big time nitpicking, but does anyone else dislike the sounds of the rumble strips in AMS2? To me, it almost sounds like underwater bubbles popping (lol) instead of that typical low or high pitch (depending on the strip) buzz that I feel most sim racers have grown accustomed to.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. sk8

sk8 Member

They do sound a bit odd

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't really noticed this and I was riding the kerbs a fair bit last night.

4. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

You might have the sounds turned down for that one then (as I now have) because its really quite an unusual effect..

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it is on default whatever that is. Probably can't hear it fully cos of the vibrations kind of my shakers when going over them

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Yeah I dleted my documents folder for an unrelated issue which of course reset my audio setup and made it a lot better.. Its definitely one of those things that can be tuned worse or better by accident if one is simply fiddling with the settings. Not a biggy but its a thing, if you get my drift.

7. ATSS

ATSS Member

I dont like the curb sounds too.. they are just weird. Really weird.

8. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

I actually preferred the new kerb sounds and also could feel them more through the FFB. Since the 1.2.0.8 update the kerb/rumble strip sounds have changed some what (back to normal?) which is fine but I’m finding the balance between kerb/rumble strip noise and feeling through FFB way off. For example I can hear them nice and loud but can hardly feel them, very muted on the FFB to nearly non existent. So the sound of the kerbs is not matching the feeling I’m getting when driving over them. Love this sim but so frustrating at times. Also why has the screen dirt been drastically reduced, anyone know?

9. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

If you use a custom FFB file, you can very easily change the scale of the kerb fx to your taste.

10. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

Thanks for the heads up, I’ve only ever used default (CSW 2.5) as I’ve always seemed to like the default. Maybe I’ll give a custom FFB file a try. Cheers

11. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

No worries. I’m on a CSW 2.5 as well. Maybe try the latest “Muscle Fuktor” file a try on the first page of the custom FFB thread. I go with in game values of 70 gain, 40 FX (with FEI at 30 or 40 on the wheel), Low Force Boost at 20 and Damping at 60. (The Damping option acts as a kind of power steering in that file.)
    If you open up the file itself with Notepad you can easily find the relevant section for changing the kerb surface and bump scale. Maybe try cranking it up 1 or 2 units.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Laurie Howard

Laurie Howard New Member

I also found the curb sounds a bit odd but then in the sound settings I found an headphones eq (I always use headphones) that I never knew was there and that made them sound better.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is why I've previously suggested that the Headphone Mix option be put at the top of the audio settings section rather than the bottom. At present, it is too easily overlooked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ATSS

ATSS Member

Played some hours in the past days and the curb sounds are back to normal! :D