1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Dirt

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Richard Chapman, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good point, Mike, thanks.
    And thanks, Richard.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

Before we got the custom dates (seasons) in the 1.2 update the default dates were set for each track and we could not change them. Since the 1.2 update the default dates have all changed and this could be a reason for the change in the screen dirt on the windshield.
    For example before the 1.2 update I would race Bathurst at 6am medium cloud, this would create a good screen dirt effect on the windshield especially at the top of the hill/mountain. I did not have this particular date memorised, so now when going to the same track, selecting default date with my same time and weather combo it was not having the same effect as the default date is not the same as before the 1.2 update. Through trial and error I have narrowed the old default date of Bathurst to around February, this is now creating a similar screen dirt effect to what I was getting before the 1.2 update but still not exactly the same and not as prominent.
    It’s the same for other tracks, the time and weather settings I was used to putting in to get certain sunrise/dusk/dawn effects which looked amazing simply do not work with the new default dates. So unless I’d taken photos (screen shots) of the default dates previous to the 1.2 update it’s going to be a lot more trial and error on the tracks I like racing to create the same effects as before.
    Anyone else noticed something like this or similar?