1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STILL no mandatory pit stop for timed races? (functionality exists in preset championship races)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Seriphyn, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Seriphyn

Seriphyn New Member AMS2 Club Member

It's been over a year, and the strange thing about this is that mandatory stops for timed races exist in the premade championships, such as Stock Car Brasil. In fact, CrewChief will go "Pit window opens at..." and give a time that's at the halfway mark. So if we could just have that for custom races and custom championships (would like to make British GT Championship or Britcar) that'd be great.

Additionally, the introduction of pit windows, such as for lapped races, might be helpful (AI will pit on the last few laps).

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also noticed that you can't set a mandatory pit stop when using times races. Carried over from PC2 again I think :p. Question; you can only specify yes or no, in that case that means 1 mandatory pit I suppose but do you need to take tyres/and or fuel?

3. twistking

twistking Member

no, you don't have to take neither fuel nor tires.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mister dog

Ah damn so if one wants you can just park in the box for a couple of secs, not change anything and get and advantage over those that do take new tyres and refuel. :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a pit-strategy called nothing that does nothing Just for these mandatory-pit-stops. It still will cost a few seconds.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Old thread but was this sorted

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope it isn't, still the same. I just use accelerated tyre wear and fuel usage to make the AI pit

8. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this just an AI problem then

9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

N
    No idea, nothing has been mentioned about it officially

10. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Weirdly enough, with F1 cars it's faster to pit for tires than to do nothing. Tires = 4ish second stop, where nothing = 5.6. It is kinda cool that there are different amounts of time for pitting for different series. That said... I'm still a bit scarred from doing a GT4 league and the Camaro's really slow refueling (I would lose 15-20 seconds just on fuel). :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is that really the case? :D For all F1 cars from all the different eras? Not that it'd be a great advantage for me because a) people rarely set races up with mandatory pitstop, and b) in Formula Ultimate Gen2 I usually run out of fuel (using just a bit of 'attack mode' ERS and the rest 'balanced', even some 'build'). There was a Laguna Seca race, 20 laps and I ran out of fuel after half the distance even if I put fuel for 10 (!) extra laps.
    I know, the only way to avoid that is doing some laps in attack mode and then see how much the fuel consumption is, but if you join the lobby late there's no time for that.

12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, It is changed over time I noticed that too, at least for some F1 cars. (My post was July 6 2021)

13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Not doing anything takes time because SMS put that in to avoid having people fulfill the pit stop requirement without time loss instead of coding in a need to refuel and/or switch tires. xD

14. mister dog

It doesn't miss it's effect then if that applies to all cars, everyone 'in the know' will put on tyres at least :D