1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

Please optimize the game for VR for lower end cards. Even my 2080ti can’t keep up with some scenarios. Please improve sharpening at around 100-150m.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

-You can adjust hud sizes through oculus settings xml file.
    -TC and ABS mappings are now in the roadmap hopefully will arrive in June.
    - throttle/brake levels are in telemetry menu but I would want an acc like elegant one

3. Souvlaki

Souvlaki New Member

I would like to see a multiclass scoring system in the championship mode so points are distributed to each class. Right now, if you setup a 3 class championship, it's likely the slowest class will receive no points.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see a multi mandatory pitstop option, a custom points setup for custom championships, different qualifying types like one shot, knockout etc. Reverse grids and a race option of laps and time like rf2 has. It goes for whichever is least.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. twistking

twistking Member

i agree.
    somewhat related i would like some innovations on how to deal with realistic damage in MP (and even SP to be honest).
    i like realism and immersion but for a "fun" race even reduced damage can be too punishing, since you will never be able to recover from a severe crash.

maybe it would help to have a repair acceleration option for the pitcrew. this way you could double the repair speed. coupled with one or more mandatory pitstop you could recover from a crash more easily.

alternatively i was also thinkign about minimum pit time option. so you could force that every player has to stay in pit for a given time. this would also help unfortunate drivers to recover from crashes more easily because they could repair in that time window while more fortunate drivers would just need to wait or have a drink while pitting for the set amount of time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MEVLÜT KOÇ

MEVLÜT KOÇ New Member

I would suggest more of a pcars 1 style chase cam speed sensitive pov behaviour. as you go faster car gets far. but now it is reversed (as pcars 2).

7. twistking

twistking Member

i would also like to see some options that would help with the "first corner" problem in public lobbies:

most importantly the host should have the option to quickly restart the race (both self hosted and dedicated server).

for severe cases maybe there could be an option for ghosted vehicles for x seconds after green lights

maybe there could also be some custom rules that do not come from real motorsport. for example a different starting grid option where only every 2nd grid position is used, which should give more spacing for corner 1. Or maybe have the spacing according to quali times. so drivers who qualified with small gaps start in normal grid, but players who qualified with higher gaps to first will start further behind relative to the gap.
    i know that this not "realistic" at all, but i would prefer soemthing like this over ghosted vehicles...

• Like Like x 1
  8. twistking

twistking Member

the recent updates did improve tire sounds, but now i wonder if it was possible to give some audio feedback about braking. of course it would be very subtle, but right now the only feedback you get is from the tires when they reach the limit of grip.
    maybe you could experiment with a) the sound of the brakes hitting the discs b) car sound fx under deceleration c) maybe even the sound of the brake pedal/hydraulics

of course these effect are not strictly "realistic", but for people with very basic pedals and muddy force feedback some subtle audio cues could help in judging brake force before the tires start loosing grip.

• Like Like x 2
  9. twistking

twistking Member

for a track i wish for "Knockhill". it was my favorite track in pcars2.

very short, technical and quirky track with some very unique corners and a nice flow to it.
    works great for gt4 and other amateur series.

the ktm xbow gt4 on knockhill is one of my favorite combos in all of simracing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

That would be nice. The Nurburgring 24h works that way. With the only exception of the pits that happen within the last hour of the race.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lloyd Johnston

Lloyd Johnston New Member

Request Title: Car Only Shadows

Description:
    An option to have only cars casting shadows and maybe an option to not self shadow as well.

I bought a RTX 3090 and still think this could be a useful option (see page 2) or add the option to extend the shadows even further like an EXTREM option.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. F1Aussie

Something I think needs changing and should be a priority is how to adjust your pit strategy on the fly.
    I quite often do races where more than one pitstop for fuel is required. My selected strategy will fill the car up all the way but then I need to do a splash and dash at the end. It is extremely clunky and laborious to have to manually adjust the amount of fuel to add. As an example last night I did a 30 minute race at hockenheim with fuel burn at 4x. I had to pit at around the 14 minute mark to fill up all the way, the capacity for the tank was 113 litres. I then had to do a splash and dash at the end to put 20 litres in. This means that whilst driving in the lead up to the stop I had to press a button around 90 times to get the fuel fill to reduce down to around 20 litres, that's just absurd. A long press or hold option should be implemented so that you only need to press it once and then let go when your fuel has reduced down to the desired level. I can't believe this actually isn't implemented.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Ditto. This is IMHO one of those areas that is in need for innovation across titles.

Another thought. Something as simple as allowing us to map fuel+5 liters and fuel-5 liters to a pair of buttons would do wonders. Same for tyre pressures. Extra points if they allow us to toggle the increments with another set of buttons (1/5/10 etc)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Please add the ability to globally change practice, qualifying and race lengths for all events in every default championship. The default lengths are too long.

15. twistking

twistking Member

i would like to see some more headlight controls, especially for endurance cars.
    i don't know what would be realistic for every class and car type, but i think seperate controls (and effects) for low beam vs high beam would make sense for most - if not all - cars that have headlights.

it would add realism and immersion but would also add practical use in MP where you could use high beam flashes for communicating your intent of destroying your opponent. flashing the low beams is simply not the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Think you can save multiple pit strategies so just have one called splash and dash with no repairs no tyres and 20L fuel. Then in race when needed select change strategy

17. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: 1.2.1.2
    Request Title: more verbose messages and/or a connection status icon on the waiting for host screen
    Description: In the transition from qualifying to race start for multiplayer, it's not obvious if "waiting" is also a connection status or just a generic message. Had a race yesterday where I waited close to 5 minutes. This was with over 20 players joined. Just as I was about to give up it transitioned to race start. There was still a countdown with time to adjust my setup, but about half the field had left.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I made 6 Strategies, different tires and different amounts of fuel, and select them with Crewchief-macros,
    Crew-Chief has 4 predefined Strategy Macros, I added two more.
    I have assigned key 1 to 6 to the macros, so just one click on my keyboard is needed to select a different strategy.
    Keep notice of the order the strategies have in game, the order can change if you edit them,

19. F1Aussie

So you can select from any of the presaved pit strategies whilst driving?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can even tell Crew Chief to change them without having to press a button. :cool:

• Like Like x 4