1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT3 cars too easy to spin...is it me?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by LuisB, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I'm not so sure that ACC tries to help you out. I find with ACC that it suffers from a high speed rear end loss that seemingly doesn't want to be caught (it can take ages to get the rear to hook up again), and this feels unrealistic, especially if you think the game is trying to help you out.

I find I can catch cars in AC, ACC, AMS and rF2 (even if ACC can sometimes take ages, it can be done). The problem in AMS2 seems to be only in heavy braking zones to a low speed corner (like the slow right-hander 3/4 turns from the end of the lap at modern Kyalami), where the rear steps out a very small amount, but just won't stop. I call it a walking speed spin, as the front is almost stationary while the rear pivots around as if on ice, and once it's started the only thing you can do is wait for it to finish. A lot of the setups have zero rear toe, and I've found adding some positive toe helps, but it only seems to delay it.

I did a season in a league recently with the 911 GTE in rF2, and I found it such an odd car that before the season I spent ages driving various forms of the 911 (Cup, GT3 and GTE) in AC, ACC, AMS2 and rF2 to get used to it, and the only game I had trouble with it was AMS2. The 911 GTE didn't exist in AMS2 at the time, but it seems to handle much more predictably than its GT3 sibling. I only really know about the problems I've had with the 911 GT3, but from what other people have said, it seems to carry over to the other GT3 cars and even some other classes too.

I used to do league racing in AMS a year or so ago, and I don't remember any of the classes we raced having this problem, and we raced a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, there are a few cars in this game (particularly some of the GT classes & the F3 the last time I tried it) where there are 2 handling characteristics that put me off them - ie. lack of progressive lift-off-oversteer and the rear breaking/snapping out under braking into corners.

Numerous cars in AMS2 have either progressive or snap lift-off-oversteer, so it's all the more conspicuous by its absence in those that don't seem to have it, such as the GTs.

The McLaren GT3 was the car that I first noticed the rear snapping on braking issue (T6 @ Spielberg being one of my problem corners, and I know exactly where you're talking about at Kyalami). After one of the recent updates, I actually found it to be a bit more progressive and controllable in some corners (eg. T6 @ Spielberg) than before and thought perhaps it was fixed, but it still doesn't feel right, particularly when, like you, AMS2 is the only game where I experience that problem at all.