1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLC tracks online free

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Hangon, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Hangon

Hangon New Member

I know it was been mentioned a bit back about Rieza making DLC tracks available to joiners that do not own the content...is that still going to happen?? I think its a unique and very smart move on Rieza's part ,as it will help the online racing numbers. I personally will buy all DLC content regardless, as I think it is very well done and I like to race offline or practice too, which you will not be able to do without purchasing them. As for others that either can not afford it at the time...or just have not wanted to buy any dlc, it will give them a taste of the quality of the tracks, and they may be more inclined to purchase after driving them. I race with a number of regulars in other sims that when we do race some AMS2 they do not have the content and i really think once they drive the DLC tracks they will be very inclined to buy.

2. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Id be interested to know if this is going to work with dedicated servers too, or does it mean that the content owner has to be on the server as host for it to work....

3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i think, the first on the server, beeing the host, must own the track

• Like Like x 1
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Principally Im absolutely not against this - but as I see it the main outcome of this will be to probably get more people online who absolutely dont have a clue of how to drive on a certain track.
    Like holy sh.. does the next corner go left or right?:rolleyes:
    Because
    I have never been able to practice on this track before - because I dont own it.

ByTheWay: Checking posts about peoples online behaviour then it doesnt sound like lower track knowledge is needed :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

disagree.
    i think there are more south american tracks that nobody ever has raced, than just Spa,Nürburgring, Hockenheim or SIlverstone.
    Otherwise activate the track map :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Annnd,
    It helps if the online practice /quali is long enough for ppl to learn new tracks. That's why I like 15/15 practice /quali setups.
    That's the way we used to do it on pilbierbude back in the day:)

7. muffi

muffi New Member

Also want to know if and when this will be implemented. Thanks!

8. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

This really would help to push online player numbers, because Spa and Nordschleife are magnets for online players.

9. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Agree.

Strategically GT3 at Nordschleife and Spa sounds like a very big deal. Even if I don't understand the pull of that combo. If you really like it then you need to buy DLC tracks to practice those tracks. Otherwise it just serves as a nice way lower the price barrier and gets more online players in.

Maybe a tiny fraction will only ever race some DLC tracks online and don't need to pay for them. But I would argue that they get less value out of them anyway if they rarely race the historic layouts online and only with cars that are popular on the lobby list.

Quality of life is so good with this future feature, because you can plan group races without asking if people have track X.

10. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Any update on this? I had some success getting dlc tracks to work for everyone last month when I joined first, now it's back to booting people without dlc. Does it work on dedicated servers or not?

11. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Hi there!! thanks for ams2 I have to say.
    Actually I have running a dedicated server with Daytona and DPI, GT3 and GTE... GT3 is for that people that doesn't have de DLC content... like Ayrton wrote, I want to know how to make, people that donno have the DLC content (Daytona) can join to the server any time at the week, when they want so they can practice to any hour, we make races and sunday so we want to leave the DS online in the week to drivers can practice, but some of them can't join because the DLC track... If I join to server, yes, they can enter.... but I can't stay online all the week into the server so people can enter to practice....

It is my fault? I'm making something wrong, or simply these are de actual conditions and restrictions to de use of DLC on dedicated server? thank you so much!

12. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

When you run the server and have a DLC pack running, only the tracks are usable to those that do not have them. The people joining do not have to the the servers tracks...but they have to have the car(s) the server is using on those tracks to join.

13. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

I do not have Daytona, Long Beach or Nords and have been having some good online races on those tracks. Great idea, as now I want them!! Thanks to those hosting these servers!!!

14. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I have also realtime reports of my friends that the server with DLC tracks on it get unresponsive as soon as I leave them. That's a logical consequence for the Non-DLC clients.

15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You can’t. It is done like this on purpose. People who have the DLC can host any track. Those who don’t have a DLC track cannot host it, only join a session in progress.
    AMS2 DS is different from the usual DS. It’s just a program that will do network syncing and be the network node. It still needs a host to command it (with the benefit of a few extra tools in the webUI)

16. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Thank you!! maybe it works fine when we want to make quick races and quick sessions, but for long events its better using base content while there are drivers with no DLC content... ;)