1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many rims do you own?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jul 3, 2021.

?
  1. 1 fixed to base

24.8%
  2. 2

23.1%
  3. 3 or more

27.3%
  4. 1 not fixed to base

24.8%
  1. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

BS
    first, my message was an answer to a whiner that has problems with it and is thinking to "loose his will to play that game" because of this. Reiza gives us hundrets of release notes lines per months , or just 95, irrelevant :p, and such a message shows very low respect.
    So its totally irrelevant if its 1, 10 or 30%.
    2nd i could have used "most of the users do not need a multiple controller configuration" instead of x% rim , for me as NOT native english speaker its the same meaning, so i think you are nitpicking ;). you take that % part out of context.
    3rd, if it is about the function to have a save system for different rim configurations, then no-wheel-users are relevant , because they mostly dont need this "save" property
    4th, seems that making an elephant from a mosquito is a bit naiv. Starting a campign for that is ridiculous.
    5th BTW, there are usable workarounds. Controled by external scripts. I know, that Fanatec and most DD wheels can be changed on the fly and you have not to shut down the game when changing the wheel. But Thrustmaster users must power off their wheels b4 they change the rim and therefore also stop and restart the game. So its not so easy to simply change the controller config ingame.
    On the other side, there are many bugs and missing features that cannot be worked arround and so are to be higher on the list imho.
    6th i'm out, b4 this gets too personal :confused:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Starting a poll to find out the user base is hardly a campaign o_O
    It was just your 99% post got me curious, nothing personal or even to do with your discussion, totally a curiosity thing thinking I was in the 1% again :p and if multiple control p rofiles was necessary after all, turns out it is totally necessary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sundaygloom

Sundaygloom New Member

I have two. A fanatec clubsport Porsche 918 rsr and a fanatec clubsport f1 LE. I use the Porsche one 90% of the time usually because I'm too lazy to switch them around. So unless I'm going to do an extended stint in formula cars I just use the Porsche wheel for everything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

1st - Starting a reply with 'BS' also doesn't show much respect.
    2nd - 99% means the same in all languages. More importantly, you are saying that any improvement must benefit the vast majority of players. This makes no sense - you'll have the gampad posse on your back soon.
    3rd - meh
    4th - objecting to someone starting a poll is a bit naive, some might say it's making an elephant from a mosquito.
    5th - Fanatec wheels can be changed on the fly but button mappings cannot. But more importantly, just because there are possible hacks or external scripts does not make it illegitimate to request the feature in game. And objecting to it being included in game after Reiza have confirmed that they will release this function soon seems illogical.
    6th - agreed! :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

We are asking such an obscure feature that practically no other sim have it, oh wait...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

Well this was close....
    49 with a single rim
    48 with 2 or more rims
    Awesome peoples, keep loving sim racing whatever setup you have.

• Like Like x 2
  7. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

right now owning 2, but already ordered 3 and 4 lol
    I prefer having (roughly) the same rim in my hands as what is shown ingame. especially with VR it adds some sort of immersion to me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the t300rs-gt with the standard rim and the ferrari f1 2011 addon, which i use mostly because of all the more buttons it has since i am using it on pc

9. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I’m surprised that it’s this many! I too thought it was sub-10%.

10. 2ndLastJedi

I thought it would be high, didnt know how high that owned more than one. Glad i made this pole.
    51 with 2+
    49 with 1

11. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

Imagine a Game, whereby you load a Specific car, and the Specific Wheel Plate/Button Box's/Shifter Type & Pattern that is Associated with that car, that have been Pre configured by yourself just the once, are automatically loaded with it.

No more messing about, Load car, Drive, Job done.

This would move the game further towards a more Professional Path imo.

On a Side note, my web searches have proved feeble, Does anyone have a site that lists Steering Wheel Size, Type, and Brand for Race cars? These are often omitted from the Spec sheets.

Tia
    Jason

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

AC in conjunction with Content Manager can do that. You can configure and save presets for button assignements and all other control settings and then assign those presets to specific cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Vitor

Vitor Member AMS2 Club Member

Also 2 rims here, t500rs' default and Ferrari f1 addon (which is used 99% of the time)

14. PostBox981

PostBox981 New Member

I own exactly one rim and I don´t see I will change this within the near future. I am on VR and there is no way for me to get back to pancake mode. Which means I have to know all buttons by heart. Swapping rims (apart from all the reassigning again and again) would totally confuse me. As long as I wear my Reverb I don´t see the wheel anyway, so I´ll stick with the one I have and know.

15. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wanted to get a second rim but the Formula V2.5 from Fanatec is not going to be available anytime soon. I ended up buying a DSD button box and am very happy with it.

I also have a Reverb G2 and with the button box I don't really need to use many buttons on my BMW GT2 rim, so I don't think I would have an issue swapping rims in the future as the BMW will just be used for H-pattern cars.

16. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I recently got my second, the McLaren GT3 v2, to go alongside the orignal CSL Elite PS4 rim. I've cast envious glances towards Fanatec's Porsche 911 GT3 with the Endurance Podium button module, but having just splashed out on the new rim and the CSL DD I'll wait a bit longer.

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is good, I love it

• Like Like x 1
  18. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I have a Fanatec Formula and the original Universal Round wheel Rim. I never use the Universal one as I could never remember the button configs when I changed wheels. I'm 57 and hardly remember what day it is let alone 25 new button locations.

FWIW, I never understand why people aggressively argue for a feature NOT to be added if it is not detrimental to their own gameplay..

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. 2ndLastJedi

100%

20. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

In most cases because delusions of grandeur.