1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible solution for car damage not communicated in MP

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by McClutch, Jul 9, 2021.

1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Problem: AMS2 just like PCARS2 is unable to communicate the repaired status correctly in multiplayer sessions. The issue could not be fixed in PCARS and was at some point in the past even disputed to exist by the SMS Devs.

Cars that once get damaged stay damaged for other clients, and after a while it's all racing wrecks, particularly in endurance sessions with mandatory pit stops.

One workaround currently is to disable damage at all, not ideal.

Would is not be better, given the fact that the issue is hard to solve obviously, to have damage handled and displayed onyl to clients themselfes?

I rather have no scratches and dents displayed on the cars in front of me then a wreck going at full speed.
    All is would demand is to stop the channel that currently distributes (wrong) cars damage status amongst clients, so full damage could be used, but is client side only.

This might work as a setting in damage option on its own like Damage: Client side only.

Or is it not that easy?

2. twistking

twistking Member

all i can say is that this issue also really annoys me. i really hope something can be done about it.

i sincerely hope that sms were just a bit lazy and that it is indeed possible for reiza to properly fix this problem.