1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

I honestly, 100% believe Reiza should contact @steelreserv to get his setups into the game officially.

I just tried his M4 setup and even though you could tell with the default setup that the car FELT like a M4, steelreserv's setup makes it completely come alive and it just brings all the amazing car feeling that AMS2 can offer to the front. I refuse to believe that anyone can drive his setup and not come away IMPRESSED with the possibilities here.

No joke, I truly believe that if his setups were in the game we would not be reading about half of the things people complain about.

If anything just keep the default (which feel VERY safe right now) and enter his as ACC's "aggresive" option.

@Renato Simioni please consider this.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Mr. K

Mr. K Member AMS2 Club Member

Noticed it too

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@BlaKArg But hand-holding is bad.... Just a default okish but not terrible or awesome setup would do the job, so there's room for learning the car and tuning.

@Mr. K @Tarmac Terrorist Surprise update :D

4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

:DInsomia (workaholic wise) & Coffee @ base RS dedication

5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, why can‘t one of the experienced drivers or the devs post videos where they show us that even the „easy/stable“ GT3 cars can do donuts and U-turns and maybe explain how it is done and all discussions here would stop immediately. If someone can even post a donut with the McLaren GT3 he will get at least 100 „winner“-emoticons as well… :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

7. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

List of comunity setup in game are welcome

8. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

I would say thats a challenge folks ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes of course but there's no control for temporary TC overide in AMS2 that i've been able to find. RF2 has a control for it (unfortunately it does'nt really work though).

10. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

I thought about this too. I tried one Steel’s on the Ultima and was very impressed but at a loss for how to replicate that on my own, let alone in a game with so many cars.

I figured it hasn’t recently been done because the physics was in so much flux but now that things are settling down it would really help Reiza to develop better baseline setups.

I get that devs want beginners to have safe setups. But I would think that outside of maybe Brazil, the only people currently buying AMS2 are people who want an advanced sim experience.

11. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

No, it is not implemented in AMS2 unfortunately.

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It should. You have to hold the button instead of toggling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hank Madison

Hank Madison New Member

I agree. I wouldn’t be playing AMS2 right now if it weren’t for @steelreserv and his hard work. Months ago, I really wanted to like AMS2 but just couldn’t find my groove with the cars (primarily GT cars).

I found his channel, tried a setup, and fell in love. Obviously the cars and feel have improved considerably since then, but Reiza owes him a lot.

FWIW, I don’t like futzing with setups much. I want to jump in and drive with confidence quickly. I imagine most who are trying out AMS2 are naturally going to compare it to their favorite sim. It makes sense that if the car feels way different or unpredictable then they’ll move on quickly. That was true for me.

Steel’s setups made the cars familiar and predictable and now I favor them over other sims.

Hire this guy full time!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I also don't really have time to mess with setups. I would love to, but as a busy parent my play time is limited to maybe 1-2 hours 3 or 4 days a week. So I like to have a good base setup to go from and have fun. If I enjoy a particular car in it's stable/default setup, I might try and aggressive setup after driving it for a while, which I do in ACC.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Even better would be to reactivate the setup share option in pit boxes in a running session, not only TT setups. Im slowly tired of going through all sections of setup step by step to haven them reproduced by friends on discord.

16. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Im also wondering how many realize there is a high and low setting for the amount of intervention you get with the assists?

17. RDG

RDG Active Member

I was referring to real life.

18. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I just had a play with the 911 GT3 R at Long Beach, and it was actually really nice. I usually have a walking speed spin after hard braking to a slow corner after 3-4 laps (even though all the tyres are green), but I did 10 laps straight and could push all the time. I don't know what's happened, but whatever it was is good.

19. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GamerMuscle just said recently that they all cars drive like karts in AMS2:p. I disagreed, but now that you say it, the open diff is actually the problem. It's WAY too stable and the F Trainer before it got crippled was a good example of the sh*t that can happen with open diff on the limit. BeamNG just nails everything about it and if you have to correct your steering-inputs mid-corner=crash. Just watch the many Nordschleife-fail-videos for proof. Most ot the crashes would not happen with a locking differential. Open diff is very unpredictable on the limit, but AMS2 is way too predictable now. The F Trainer before it got easy was my favorite sim-car because it was really a challenge to keep it on the track, but it had one problem that is still one in general: The brakes are not effective enough at high speed. Instead of doing all this tyre-grip 'improvements' I would've improved the brakes a little. Ermin Hamidociv noticed that as well and I guess what GamerMuscle still calls 'no lift-off oversteer' is just the fact you need to brake a bit earlier in AMS2 even compare to real life when watching GT3-onboards.

PS: Making cars easier to drive is not the trick to gain popularity and Forza Motorsport is probably still the most difficult racing-game in terms of predictable handling, but less brake-efficiency is certainly not helping.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  20. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I just drove the AMG there. But track was 58C. I spun after a few laps, because while the mini HUD doesn't tell you this in any way my rear tires were much warmer than my fronts and in that 100C+ region where they melt easily. It's amazing how quickly you lose confidence with them if you let it happen.

Do not stare at the mini HUD. Look at the telemetry HUD and keep the front/rear temperature balance within 5C in high performance cars - setup is mandatory in brutal temperatures. But also feel the tires changing after a few laps. They will degrade in more ways than one.

And yes, I even got actual liftoff oversteer in one of the corners and crashed :p.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021