1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Yeah i think its time to just leave Reiza to work and come back in a few months ;) See what they do in that time, for me the constant physics changes makes it hard to enjoy after so much change.
    One day a car feels amazing then along comes a update and that once great feeling is no longer :confused: oping to try the GT4 BMW that i liked upon release and see how it is now. Hope its okay :whistle:

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

My Mobo has something i think okay yet still suffers .

3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Page 69.. Nice..... :cool::cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree

5. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Simulating Liverpool’s season perfectly (with senior CBs injured). Such leaky defense.

In fact Dan Suzuki got fed up with it many months ago. But maybe it is better for him now. Either way he sticks to iRacing. ACC is not the perfect solution, just very appealing to people. Looks like many people also consider it the physics benchmark even though it is also questionable in some areas to a point where I wouldn’t say it’s special (relative to its social status) - just a well polished handling package. So incomplete like every sim in their own way. I would like to see its car management in AMS2 though.

Personally it doesn’t gel with me the way AC, Raceroom new FFB and AMS2 do - and I don’t have time for the formers :p. But that’s fine. These things can also be left subjective like Jardier did by simply focusing on what he likes.

(funnily enough I described ACC as floaty and disconnected after playing it for some time :D)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  6. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why does no one post videos of GT3s doing donuts?
    A: no interest / no time
    B: not possible
    :D;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What if all other sims got it wrong and after years AMS2 comes out and get it right?

[​IMG]

If the rest of the physics is done right I can live without donuts in 720S :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know what you mean about the Porsches, the initial turn-in isn't as sharp as it should be. And the rear can step out quite easily under trail braking. But I wouldn't describe them "floaty", let alone prescribe that to the whole sim. You still have a pretty good transfer of forces and bumps from the road through the FFB and the car isn't rotating wildly out of sync with what is felt through the wheel. This is the problem of using imprecise and loaded terms like "floaty" and "simcade" to try to diagnose or critique driving games.

• Like Like x 2
  9. azaris

The McLaren still has to wait, but at least the GTEs have now been liberated.

MYTH BUSTED: Madness Engine does allow donuts after all. :p

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Thats because all GTE cars were stripped of any TC after that last undocumented "hotfix" from Yesterday. Not that they needed any TC at all. You barely notice the difference. Going flat out most of the time is still possible.

11. twistking

twistking Member

i only drove the corvette since that patch yesterday and she definitely still has TC on. Only problem is that you cannot change the settings of TC, neither in tuning setup, nor with the in car management menu. It is definitely on though.
    if you did not notice TC on, you should maybe consider doing some basic car familiarization, because i would think that it would be a very obvious thing to notice.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. azaris

Not true at all according to my quick test. The BMW and Porsche have the TC slider, and it interacts appropriately with the "TC off/low/high" setting. When TC kicks in you see both the throttle being cut in telemetry HUD and hear the limiter sound(?) going off.

The Corvette does not currently have a TC slider so if enabled it's set to some fixed value, but it still works and can be turned off with "TC off".

• Like Like x 1
  13. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Maybe best to unpack findings a bit.

I tested the M8 just now with TC off. What you notice right away with the default setup is how open the rear axle is on throttle. One tire fire in 1st gear. 6 clutches and power ramp 25 and coast ramp 35 with 70 preload makes it behave more like a typical diff in sims. Now this might not be entirely the diffs fault, but also tire tread and suspension which the diff is resoponding to in the end (through all forces that apply). Maybe not at all the diff’s fault? First thing that seems fishy to me though. But this is just coming from other sims, not compared to real life.

However the fresh tire grip is amazing. It really is hard to lose the rear. I think this dynamic is great. Fresh grip is a specific detail that could be reviewed by Reiza. But after 4 or so laps the car changes. Little by little you can no longer get away with liberal power application. Enabling TC makes a difference too. You can hear it churning away out of slower corners.

Another thing is this: it might be good to also approach TC as a tire saver for races. Even though you can push the tires with TC at 5 for example doesn’t mean you should. That’s a good way to lose confidence come lap 5. I don’t think it’s unreasonable that you can push the rear with steering corrections. Question is for how long?

• Like Like x 2
  14. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

If you do that, you're using the 3 preset driving aid modes that can be enabled anytime also in "authentic" mode, just liek auto cLutch. That's not the same TC like in ICM menu.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Whilst I have no interest in D/nuts. I never really tried, so poor at it

I would like to light up the rears from standing start. In all gt3 assist off.
    edit The Mcl has improved. as seen above ref TC. There's more to this than meets the eye
    Though wheelspin from st/start? GT3

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. azaris

They are not "preset driving aid modes". They are how much the TC functions. If you turn them off, you will have no TC. Period.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. twistking

twistking Member

do you guys have any idea why the corvette had the TC setting removed?
    if you have driving aids set to "authentic", the corvette has TC on, only that you cannot change the value in setup or in car menu.

for the time being i suspect this is not intentional and will get corrected with the next patch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We already have a community "setups" sharing. Just used the setups from the time trials, they are proven (especially the top 10s). You can just click on the setup to make it your own.

19. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I know that;), is just more simple having a dropdown list of setups in the tuning screen, not exit=>load ghost=>load track and so on, is only a bunch of data in json or similar

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Wait...is like having having a talk about marriage from a priest.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1