1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think sprints/hillclimbs are likely to come?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Bizarre Formula, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if there has been any talk about adding tracks like California Highway and Azure Coast from PC2 (or something similar) to AMS2? Also tracks like Pike's peak etc.

I used to really enjoy test driving nice cars on the scenic tracks and keep wondering if we might see some road courses to match the Street Supercars pack.

In PC2 It was a shame you couldn't set a Q session on those tracks so it had to go straight to race, so a system to be able to do Q sessions and 'loop' back to the start would be amazing.

One of the things I love about the Nordschleife in AMS2 is that you can run a qualifying session and give people time to join, unlike in PC2.

What do you guys think, is this something that is likely to happen?

2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I liked classic 80's hill climb on Pikes Peak gravel track in DiRT Rally very, very much, It was the sole reason why I did not wipe it from my SSD for all that years since DiRT Rally 2.0 cam out.

As I said earlier there is no reason for Online training sessions, you can do "traning" offline all day and night. 15 min Qualifying is enough, in case of Nordschleife without GP I would make it 20 minutes, but thats max. I tend to always keep a complete online session at 30 minutes maximum.

3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I would love to have point to point races. Bringing the pc2 tracks would be nice of course but I see adding an epic hillclimb like Pike’s Peak, with its ascension progressively decreasing your engine power, having to work on keeping your momentum up the higher you are, would be an amazing addition.
    Add livetrack to the mix and you will have one hell of a showcase “track”. Bonus points for adding a historical dirt track version with the extreme pack.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I agree, I think the extreme pack is one of the things I'm looking forward to most. I too think Pike's Peak would be amazing. Can't wait to see what they do! =)

5. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really hope we get some point to point tracks, they were always fun to drive on and an excellent showcase for the Madness engine's weather and time of day.

6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am hoping for Reiza Rallye Sim in 2025 or so. That would be the ultimate next step.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Maybe in the adrenaline pack, which I most looking forward to but ill likely to arrive last unf.

• Agree Agree x 1