1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Please don't tame this down Reiza!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

The AMS2 video highlights a big frustration i have with some AMS2 cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

You have a vid where you have not shown any settings. I have asked twice now and am now asking a third time. I want to recreate your scenario. Just because you can do it with extreme setting doesn’t mean it is accurate.

If it is being worked on, great, and that was my takeaway from Crimson. But many people weren’t acknowledging it here, choosing to deny it entirely or mock the concept as if it wasn’t an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

And I was always hoping it was purely a setup issue. I’m pretty convinced it’s not 100% solved by setup, but I agree that Reiza could significantly improve outsider views (and experience for weak setup people like me) by finding a way to enhance the setups.

5. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Yes it probably needs some more longi slip. Another thing is how grippy the tires are initially. Once you lose that the car becomes looser. No idea if there’s too much fresh grip, but it is there.

Try the AMG with preload 100Nm, power 60, coast 45, 8 clutches. Then important: make the front ARB 80 and rear 100. Exact number is not important as long as it’s much stiffer in the rear and softer in the front.

Then stiffen the rear spring so it’s a bit stiffer than the front. Add a few clicks slow and fast rebound rear.

Not completely relevant, but decrease engine braking to 1. And remove two clicks of rear wing.

Because of the fresh grip you have to drive the car hard for a few laps to really see it. And then also decrease power ramp if you’re still not happy.

6. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Both I an Crimson have told you several times, all you have to do is read and make the changes until the car starts spinning. The point is its possible and it wasn't "crazy" settings. all I did was increase the rear springs and increase the ramp angles in my test, but you could change a number of things.

Do some google research to figure out how to create oversteer.

7. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

Your refusal to provide the numbers is quite telling.

I ran several of the setups and showed the video. They largely weren’t making a difference.

8. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

tunnel effect in this 3d. C'mon
    @Renato Simioni you are Brazilian and i Know you are sad right now (;) football stuff hi hi) but :
    For the health of this forum,throw something, a specification, a first view on an upcoming car, a pre pre pre briefing for a future brefing of development for a future improvement of the Mp. An image of a leaf from a hypothetical South American circuit. The Forum is circling, save us from self-annihilation, from a tragic death by donuts. Please.:)

the best image of 2021:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. steelreserv

I said I increased the rear springs and raised the ramp angles on the diff. Thats it. Do that until it spins.

You could increase rear ARB, you could increase rear tire pressure, you could decrease rear camber, you could soften the front springs, soften the front springs, you could remove rear wing, you could reduce clutch plates, you could reduce preload...all these create oversteer.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  10. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

As far as deaths go this one doesn't sound bad. I love donuts.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is only one legend in this shot, and the whole world know who.

12. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Death by schnoo schnoo isn't bad either..

MV5BMGJhYjlkMmUtMDBlYS00YTJjLWIxZWYtYTRiOTE0M2NiYjcwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ2ODE0NDA@._V1_.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. oez

Increase tho?

14. 2ndLastJedi

Breathe deep...is it end of month already....feels like end of days reading through here :oops:
    Schnoo schnoo here I come, gobble gobble :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

The tatoo of Jesus..:p

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. oez

I feel like they're going to announce the RSR release and historic Long Beach any second now

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  17. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish 12th was considered "end of the month" so we could get goodies from Reiza earlier :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

I tried these generic things and it didn’t work (maxed rear springs and arb, increased power, increase preload, reduce wing, put TC at 0 in various combinations). I posted the vids. That’s why I asked for you to post the specific values so I could recreate.

Basically you’re saying “just play with the setup for a few hours and eventually it should do something (what it was supposed to do in the first place).”

It’s fine if you don’t want to help, but it just shows it isn’t easy or realistic to get these cars to behave as expected in this one particular area.

It’s a flaw, nothing fatal or something to get defensive about. Just put it on the eventual update list and keep AMS2 on this excellent improvement path.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, you are right, because most of the settings you have been suggested to change are mostly irrelevant in this game for the specific case you are investigating.

The only way you have to achieve the desired result in AMS2 is to max out the preload of the diff.

Do it and report back. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. steelreserv

They are sticky the first couple of corners, and the fact they are sticky has been largely admitted up and down this thread.

But remember, this whole topic was based on absolutes. "you cannot spin" and therefore used as an inference that AMS2 is broken in some way or some unfixable way.

Mine was a 3 lap test and you saw how many times the back end stepped out. with stiffening the rear spring and increasing the ramp angles.

Of course you say you can't duplicate it. Of course. Why? I have no idea.

So you want me to provide the know how setup wise, do the testing work myself, make a video for you to criticize, so you can just sit back and judge...nah man. You do the work.

Really I should be asking you to admit you don;t know what you are doing setup wise which would leave the average reader to then question why anyone should validate you opinions on how the car should or should not operate in the first place.

I didn't want to sound harsh, but you want me to do this whole dance routine for you so you can act like Simon Cowell...

• Funny Funny x 1