1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

In fact, no, all you need to do is set rear camber to more then 3° and give tyres 2.0 pressure, and stiffen LSD slightly. works for any RWD car.

2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since we are on the subject of football and donut (or power drifting cars) I would suggest this video :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Your premise is fine and welcome: (at least) these two GT3 cars do not have power oversteer out of the box.

That is an observation, fair enough. I also agree with that observation.

Where it all goes wrong is when you flirt with the idea between the lines that there is something wrong with the physics with little to no basis (since you almost willfully ignore setup). This is why you get less than warm responses.

Do not think that observations aren't welcome in the future :). This is surely my last post concerning this particular topic. Lets focus on that sweet Alfa :D

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

No this has turned into a conversation of absolutes because I have been saying for a while the cars don’t behave properly on throttle and I was told I just don’t know how porsches work and that I just need to adjust my setups. It took a basic premise like that first ACC comparison video before it was even truly acknowledged here.

You posted a video shortly after I said it wasn’t working. You have the results. You just refuse to share them because I might criticize it? Is there something in your setup worth criticizing?

I fully admit I don’t understand setups, particularly in areas like the differential and suspension. I’m trying to understand. But if I cannot even get a working baseline, and you’re telling me now to even test each setup I have to drive the car for 20 minutes to warm up the tires, how can I or anyone learn for that matter? Most sim drivers are closer to me than you.

If you want to act superior by making videos and not showing the work, fine, be king of the secret setups. I just hope that is not the approach of the game going forward.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

I think you nailed it. People don’t want to admit there is a problem with the physics. Crimson is the only one to come out and say it’s being worked on.

I have been asking for setup options, implementing the suggestions and posting the resulting videos. I want it to work!

But some of it involved relatively extreme changes like turning off TC entirely or removing wing which will severely affect the driving experience to the point of being unrealistic. Sorry, but that sounds like a physics problem. Again, not a death knell, but let’s agree it’s a problem so we can fix it. Otherwise it will not be addressed and the problem will stay.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

Do you mean 2.0 bar? That’s the absolute max for tire pressure. And I still can’t get it to react any differently. Happy to post the vid if you like.

7. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

To be fair, I think they are working on it. Perhaps we should now let the dust settle on this one a bit.
    Fyi I've been on my soapbox about this too. I'm happy that there's a general awareness now. I'm also happy that the right people with the right expertise are in the right place to address it. I'm also accepting that this will take time and is an evolutionary process.
    Good discussion though. I'm learning a lot from reading it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. McClutch

in real life, changing the tyre brand and rubber mix alone, can make a hughe difference. It's the same about racing tyres. That alone makes game and RL hard to compare.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

This one worked! If I upped the preload from 100 to 570 and turned off TC, the behavior mimicked other games like AMS1 and ACC.

The only question is whether that should be the case? I don't think cars are typically running preload at 570.

10. McClutch

Funny thing is, im running OEM advised 2,3 bar in the rear of the BMW Z3 2.8 on Pirelli P-Zero 245x40R17 at -2° rear camber, You can see that camber pretty good from behind... thats the closest to racing tyres that I know RL. TC is only on or off, but on dry even tarmac i have never notices slip....but a lot on uneven tarmac, unsetles cars and in the wet.
    And no, it's a classic car now. Im not going to do Donuts for you. But I drove her really hot when she was young.

11. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Simply do what I said and you'll have power oversteer since lap one. Of course you need to put TC off as well...

In any case, everything will just be a bandaid for the time being. GT3-GTE and most of the cars sharing the same tires are quite broken at the moment.

If you want good content right now try the sprint race, the V8 supercar, the Omega Stock or the GT4s. Those are pretty good and you'll find all the power oversteer you should expect (even slightly too much in some cases).

The engine can be very good if properly used as those examples demonstrate, but the effort to make it work is massive and consistency in results is hard to achieve...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  13. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had no doubt... :whistle:
    The diff has impact 9 out of 10 in that kind of test, while the other suggested modifications account for the remaining one. ;)

Always been the same in AMS2 since day one.
    Now it's slightly better, but still the driving is dominated by diff settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

Yes I love the sprint race and am about to do a championship with it. Supercars was a bit “extreme” when I last tried it! Thanks for helping shed some light on the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Im Italian-Argentian, double Bonus for me this week (after cumulative 60 year of suffering)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

They aren't "broken". Broken does imply, they would be (nearly) undrivable.
    Also they're not totally wrong. You are displaying these classes right now, as if they would be not usable and this is highly exaggerated at this point. (I even totally disagree for GTE, they also have a plus in long grip, but they're not nearly as "broken" as described)

Why do you think preload is an important IRL adjustment to homologated GTs (that even have their ramp angles locked) if it wouldn't do much to the differential behavior?
    Have you experimented with clutch packages?
    Have you recently looked at wheelspeeds?
    (not trying to be the smartass here, but some things are not that simple)
    No it is not the same since day one! The issues described in this thread are now pointing at a too open diff. Day one was basically spool for most cars, this has completely and not just slightly changed.

I think, all has been said so far and the things are acknowledged and subject of being adressed further. This constant banging on always the exact same thing will not help to fix anything any faster and there are a lot of factors coming together. :)

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. oez

Because clutch LSD behavior is a result of ramps, preload and clutch plates. 570Nm practically turns it into a spool that doesn't slip at all with that amount of pressure on the clutch plates at all times. Takes some force to break that death grip... Happy to discuss this part further in case you need help with further LSD setup.

What we were suggesting before is a combination that keeps it a limited slip differential. Avoletta's tip is akin to fixing stuff with a hammer. And it doesn't make for a good setup. Unless you're making a drift GT3.

I don't think you want to admit you've ignored half of what we wrote :D. I agreed with Crimson that it might need more longitudinal slip. We talked about the fresh tire grip which could always change too. It has a big effect right now. It's so difficult to discuss with you when you keep insisting that we have an agenda against you and are hiding something. Like I said before you provoke a certain response.

I'm happy to admit if the general setup tips did not produce enough power oversteer for you from lap 1. That's hardly the goal with such a car, but I can understand if you wanted to see full spool-like behaviour. I'm glad you found what you were looking for and can maybe now look for it with a more balanced car setup.

Ah yes except if you want to have a car that has a limited slip differential and not a spool ;).

18. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

Actually, as someone who doesn’t care to mess around much with setups, I just want something that works reasonably close to the way it should.

To be honest, nothing you said actually worked. I only became frustrated when certain folks acted like everything was normal and just needed some basic, easy setup changes. None of which so far has made a difference (and folks like Steel who claim they have it prefer to keep it a secret!).

I agree the diff changes aren’t helpful in a realistic racing sense, but they were the first thing that actually worked, so I was just happy to see something that resembled the way other games, including AMS1 approach throttle behavior.

Lets hope the devs look at fixes for how the tires grip when you first start driving. And let’s hope they look at longitudinal grip. I still feel like it acts like the TC is still running with the way it sounds but I am the least expert on these forums. These updates are all great for the game long term. Happy to be a part of that even if it made some enemies (hopefully not) along the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Sprint Race is more broken than any of the GT3/GTE cars. In fact, many of the cars on your list are broken, whereas not even the 720S (currently the worst GT3/GTE) is what I would label "broken".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. oez

Yeh, lets move on. The thing about this is that we sort of mixed up workable setups with reasonable power oversteer for driving purposes and a test setup that does one thing which is bring you all the power oversteer. That's my bad too. But then everyone just got frustrated with the failure to communicate with each other. We'll just leave some questions unanswered for now, because the whole differential discussion is so complicated.

"Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? Was there no communication in this car? Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?"

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1