1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I developed the habit of deleting the AMS2 folder daily... for a new start with fresh hopes ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

Just tried this setup out and it was a substantial improvement. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I never said there may or may not have been an issue and I agree with people I trust on these forums who have a track record of trying to troubleshoot and solve various issues. Im on record saying there might be a problem with the Mclaren perhaps this extends to others. I trust others who know more about it and are willing to do the work to test and resolve it. I do what I can when I can.

I simply don't like the way you've put yourself as being the judge jury and executioner and demanding video demonstrations, setups and admitting that you don't want to do any work to trouble shoot your issue that could be actionable on Reiza's part. Yet you demand it from others. You're not the only one to have discussed this. All we've basically gotten from you is "it doesn't drive like [insert other sim]."

The point seems rather obvious to me, though; You don't know how to create a proper testing scenario, you don't want to learn how to create a proper testing scenario, you don't want to take the time to test in a proper fashion...leaving what.

Im not being disengenuous, im not missing points, im not in denial. could there be a long slip issue: perhaps; is it game breaking; no. can you spin the cars: yes.

At the end of the day, you will frame this any way possible to make yourself feel like you've won, then you'll be gone and another person will take your place next week acting the same way, like they know everything about sim racing and sim racing design yet have no background of experience or a demonstrated good faith effort to identify and solve what they believe is the "not acc" issue of that day.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

The only winning here is the improvement of the game. Buy in from prominent members of the AMS2 community acknowledging an issue makes it far more likely to be updated.

I have not been judge, jury and executioner. I've simply said, "here is the video showing a problem, how can I correct it?" I then inputted user responses and ran it. I put a few hours into making the videos, running other setups, trying new things. Responding to the issues. For that, I have people like yourself acting relatively hostile, although most have actually been helpful and I appreciate it.

My other options were to change a value, run the car for 5 laps (is that enough to get the tires the way you say is correct?), then look for a change, rinse and repeat. Using that strategy it would have taken 50 hours to get to the same result: "there are problems with some aspects of the game that need improvement". And that's just for one car! Instead, progress was made more efficiently, by working with the community.

I get that you didn't like my results, I have seen how you respond to any criticism of the game. But I'm glad you're finally admitting there are issues that could be worked on. It should help to get things done.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys............................................................with that we have all made our points perfectly clear i guess and it will run in circles from now on.

Please let us rest this topic for now.

For further physics discussions, please let's use the Physic discussion thread

But let's keep it civil there. This thread can also be a potential chaos-bearing area due to the "hot-topic nature".

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now lets start a discussion about how bad the multiplayer currently is.

Online race, rolling start, F3, Montreal. AI took control of the cars on the grid, huge crashes under AI control in the back of the grid. My AI hit the wall of the champions and got my car upside down.

Happens in 4 out of 5 online races with rolling start (I made up this number, but it certainly happens more often than not, unfortunately).

Edit: all this time I spend practicing/qualifying for the race just to be unable to actually race... this is very very frustrating. I will avoid using stronger words, but dammit!!

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I have to confirm the trouble with AI chrashing into each other and taking other clients out in rollibng starts. We had this several times on Kyalami1976 with Procar and Group A multiclass. What also happens frequently is ghosting of clients, either we can't see us at all, or we appear to each other as ghosts, despite ghost cars are off.

9. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. Im done.

Sometimes I have the unfortunate habit of defending myself from accusations of falsifying tests.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. CrimsonEminence

The ghosting with ghosts off is usually happening in non-race sessions as feature to prevent join lag. (Not sure if this applies to your situation, needs more detail).

When you join the server later than other players, that are already on track, the others will not see you, until they go back into the garage. You see them as ghost meanwhile.

It's a different solution than the ISImotor Cheese/Marshmallow car templates.

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Oh man, I always wondered about the ghosting, one lap I was driving through lapped cars the next week collide :confused:
    Always try to avoid them but sometimes it's impossible and the collision or drive through would happen and I never understood why one lap it ghosted and the next not :rolleyes:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

...and in random mode..., i joined a Mp race, and i see other car ghosting, ok the cars are ghosted! , i think, approching a slower car..NOPE! They aren't.

oops i see now..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

But GTE cars don't have ABS, so off would be perfect (they do have TC though).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

Oh yeah, sorry, i mean TC only of course.^^

• Like Like x 1
  16. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why are you considering the cars I mentioned broken?

17. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Perhaps in multiplayer we need a more collaborative approach where lobbies can be set up purely as test sessions for people to drop in, work on setups, have discussions on adjustments to them go back on track to test etc. If they were clearly labelled as such and ran for an hour or so it could be quite a neat way for experience and knowledge to be shared and overall driving standards improved. New friendship groups could be forged etc etc.
    Just an idea that popped in my head just now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ghosting doesn't only happen in that situation. It is not uncommon that one or two cars start the race ghosted or become ghosts after the green light.

It is also not so rare to see one car count as lapped right after the race start. Not sure if the issue is only on the widgets or if the said car really is counting 1 lap behind.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

I'm on a trip away right now but when I get back I might even try it with the formula rookie for an hour at brands hatch or Oulton park.. I'll post if I do.

20. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

There was a mod in rFactor 2 where the author said that it had a purposefully bad setup to make people work on it, which we all thought was a bit strange. If you're going to do a season in a league with it, then you won't mind too much because you'll invest a lot of time into getting the setup right for you anyway, but having this contrived means of forcing people just stops those who don't league race from enjoying it (unless it's the setting up that they enjoy the most). I'm pretty sure McLaren, Porsche, etc. don't provide a new car to a team in a lousy condition setup-wise, and I don't think we should be provided cars in that state either. I don't know what information the manufactures give to Reiza about each car, but if it includes its condition as supplied in real life, then it would be nice to think that that's what we're getting.

While we're all moaning about setups, is there a plugin for AMS2 that generates MoTeC files (either Std or Pro, though the latter would be better)?