1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent AI changes

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Moving Violation, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Moving Violation

Moving Violation New Member

I've been away for some time and have just recently returned to AMS2. It appears there have been some changes to the AI. I am not a very skilled driver but it appears the skill level even at the lowest level (70) is much higher than before. For example, I normally drive on Velo Citta - Track Day version at 90/50. Now I can hardly keep up with the pack at 70 skill level. I will attribute some of my problems to not racing for a while but this difference is quite large.

Has the skill range level been compressed or am I that rusty ?

2. Wild Cheese

Wild Cheese New Member

Have not heard anything about the range being compressed.

Do you have a certain car/track combo where you know your typical hot lap time? You could compare it to the AI times at 70,80,90,100.

Mercedes GT3 at Spa is one combo I use for this kind of benchmarking. I've found some measurements from version 1.1.2.5 with single AI lap times, but only down to 90:
    Skill/Agg Time
    90/50 2:26.4
    95/50 2.23.8
    100/50 2.21.8
    105/50 2:20.4

3. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Did you delete your "my documents" folder of AMS2?
    If not, maybe you experience some issues related to that

4. Moving Violation

I tried a different track and car and got similar results. I'll keep poking around and try some other combinations.

5. Moving Violation

Thanks for reminding me I forgot to do that. I think there may have been some car and track changes so I will start checking out more of my car and track combos. Hopefully I can sort this out over time.