1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea for time trials.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Bizarre Formula, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Hey guys, a friend and I were chatting about this the other night and just thought I'd put it out there as an idea.

I was shooting out again my friend's times in time trial but after the obvious ones I knew he would have driven, I was having to guess car/track combinations to find his times. This got me to thinking that it would be really nice to be able to see a list of times set by a friend.

Recently we have been leaving setups as default since the latest update to compete without that factor and we both thought it would be nice to have a default setup leaderboard as well as the 'open' leaderboard.

I know there are so many other features that take priority and have already been suggested, but I personally would really enjoy the extra depth to the competitive aspect of TTs.

What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. David Vickery

David Vickery Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the idea.
    Maybe the default/open could be done as a filter similar to class/vehicle selection.

The biggest problem for me right now with TT is knowing whether a time is achievable or has been affected by the many changes. I really think it's time we had a leaderboard reset.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Instead of this Reset Reset Reset every second day then Reiza could just include a date info in each TT record.
    No intervention would then be needed later - eventhough people would ofcourse still feel the need to use updates as the reason of their not expected position on the LB.:)

ByTheWay: Latest - before Reizas introduction of the RPM limiter sound poo - when I was still using AMS2 I had no problem stepwise upping my personal laptimes on the F-Reizas LB. ;)

4. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Or colour code then so that green is current version and greyed out is previous (and so no longer relevant to all intents and purposes).

• Like Like x 5
  5. BrunoB

Good and simple idea :)
    Or Reiza could just delete the ghosts/replays of all the records created under an absolete update;)

ByTheWay: Personally I dont really care - because I have no problems with older records:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I have no issues with a reset, if it were a minor difference across the board then I could accept leaving it, but some of the cars are drastically quicker or slower now, a top ten lap on Silverstone became a P50 time overnight in 2 or 3 of the F1 cars.

I think it's fairest to reset, yeah it sucks for the times we've fought for but if we got it once, I'm sure we could do the same or better again.

As an afterthought on the TT friend's list idea, wouldn't it be nice if you could click on a time in the list of their laps and push a 'challenge' button, taking you straight into a TT session with same car/track.

That's probably a whole lot more work than I realise for such a small thing, still, would be nice I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

I would like to see them on the web. Like IRenting…

8. BrunoB

What do you mean?

9. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

A web page, hosted in Reiza, listing the most recent tt leaderboards.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. BrunoB

OK?
    I would like that - personally:p

11. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

And I would like to have all this stuff in an app.