1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 In conjunction with Crew Chief-Updated Video

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by ClickerSnapper, Jul 13, 2021.

1. ClickerSnapper

ClickerSnapper Car in the Avatar, Rimac Nevera.

Man is this great or what!? Just a show case of the possibilities. Additional comments on the YT channel
    --->
    ------>
    ---------> Go!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Excellent - thanks for this. Would be helpful if you could share the macro text here so that those of us too lazy to set this up ourselves can adapt and use. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I saw your first video the other day and thought the macro stuff looked super useful but, I am also too lazy to try and figure it out on my own. I don't mind doing the leg work but I've no time for the learning at the moment, a video of how you create macro's would be super useful. :D

edit...

turns out I'm just being extra lazy, had a look at it there and the macros are incredibly easy to setup. its more figuring out what I want to set up that's the issue now. thanks again for the videos they're very helpful and have given me some ideas. have you been creating per car profiles?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

With these possibilities I don't need a button box to use all the options. And I don't have to fiddle in race with the ICM menu.

5. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

@ClickerSnapper , is there a chance you may upload your saved CrewChief profile file for AMS2 ? You have comments turned off at youtube . Just saying as you said "Additional comments on the YT channel"

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  6. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

I couldn’t catch all the command keywords, is there a list of them anywhere? At least the ones in the video?

7. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@ToMythTo a lot if not all the commands used in the video are custom macro's that ClickerSnapper has created himself. Some of the words/commands used like "lights" don't exist and have to be defined in the macro creation menu, whereas others like black box relative are already present and just have to have a macro sequence applied to them.

The help site linked to in the app is actually quite useful and you can find a cheat sheet for the most common commands along with all the other ones available there.

Crew Chief Help

have a look under voice recognition > voice commands

as for the macros themselves they're really straight forward to set up...
    CCFlashMacro_Edit.jpg

1. Select an existing available command and edit it using Action edit or Create a new one.

2. add the voice command you want to use, this can be pretty much anything but obviously short phrases you can say clearly work best for this.

3. here you can select how crew chief will respond when it correctly registers your command, basically it takes you into the sound file folder and lets you select a command. There is a subfolder in that directory that contains just confirmation responses you just need to root around to find them.

4. Add/Save the changes you've made so far, this will add your new command to the list of available macros. Make sure its selected and then you can switch to edit macro mode.

5. This is where the macro itself is defined, you just need to figure out what keypresses are required to perform a certain action. Some are super simple like if you want to toggle the light you just have to add one instance of whatever key you have assigned to them in game.

For more complex ICM commands you have to make not of the directions used and then add them to the action sequence. It's pretty intuitive. I found that sequences of single keypresses worked best for me and that. And also the Key hold down time is in milliseconds. I've been using the default of 60 and have had no issues.

Once you're happy with the sequence just click "Save sequence to macro for...whatever"

Ummm I think that's it, I don't actually have crew chief infront of me at the moment so if something is a little off, sorry but I think I'm not too far. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. ClickerSnapper

yes have been creating per car, that way i get custom responses, but have created a generic file that works with all cars in AMS2 ( back up your file first! ), let me see if I can post here for all to enjoy. I did not realize I could post this type of file here. just rename and get rid of clickersnapper01- this file includes ( pause and resume for the game ) Also I use CC to start/stop OBS too but that macro not included in this file. Now here is a kick...I installed CC on my every day laptop and made some custom macros for controlling windows and functions, my friends thought that was just to funny to hear race craft responses to things like volume up/down---> acknowledged, how's my computer---> no significant damage...LOL

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ClickerSnapper

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1