1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera too bumpy

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WhippyWhip, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

i use legacy 75.

If you look at the horizontal lines on the screen, you will see that the movement moves from the world to the car depending on whether you choose legacy or not legacy.
    The possibility of having fixed car and not moving horizon as some say , can only be achieved with a sort of magnetic levitating effect, which to tell the truth does not seem appropriate to a sim.

Polemic mode on //

They all agree on the tires and the differential and bla bla, but when we talk about real reactions of a body inside a car and the sound inside the helmet
    ... wait, I can't hear the spark of the cylinder
    ... wait , this car vibrates and moves like a 1970 racing car?

We can't talk about driving aids like the devil, but movement smoothing is no an aid too?

Polemic mode off //

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I meant new cool friend because I started with PC and AMS this year. Need more cool friends :D And I do mostly public practice or AI races, don't worry, no MP here yet.

Formulas will be my next target soon. I need to try karts too. So many things to do and no time at all...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I guess you are right about that :)

Conserning the postulate above that iRacings and Racerooms cameras is the ideal - then I can remember that I had no problems with iRacing. But that was probably because they just grabbed the camera movement from my old longlasting sim fiance NR2003.:D
    Raceroom? Honestly I dont know - because I dont like its hovercraft-ish physics and the impact this has on the camera movements:rolleyes:

4. Stevejack

Stevejack Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the key here is having the option, no need to take away a feature that is already present, just add a new one.
    Everyone runs a different setup, and I can tell you that with triples + d-box there are no settings that feel natural for some vehicles. The telemetry feeding to the d-box is not anything like the excessive shaking present in the camera, so you have the world wobbling all over the place on screen and the d-box not representing that excessive shake... so it feels very unnatural.
    Sure you could place the blame with the d-box integration, but others are complaining as well and even with motion off I find the shaking on screen un-natural especially when there is no cue going to the body for that same motion. But maybe I'm more sensitive to it.
    Having a camera which is smoothed out more, but with zero car movement, would solve the problem for everyone.

And running a hard top car won't really show the camera shake problem, you need to look at the formula classic and similar cars on bumpy tracks. I am ok with the GT3s etc as the camera doesn't shake very much at all, but the problem is massive on the older formula cars. I find myself driving cars that don't shake just because it's unpleasant to drive the others, and formula classics are my favourite cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. oidafux

oidafux New Member

But didn't you just described the characteristic of those cars? I mean a modern GT3 car is softer and more damped than a classic F1 car. And IMO thats also the reason why it is working in ACC, especially with the track specific setups. But that is only my opinion based on my impressions.

6. BrunoB

You are contradicting yourself because what you in fact are talking about is in the next quote - where you describe a change that will involve changes "for everyone". Count me out of your "everyone" my good man - because I dont want AMS2 to be smoothed out and crippled in the bouncing area like any other racing games.
    Conserning your next comment then its should be completely obvious from reading my posts that I SOLELY drive the F-Reiza. And I can tell you that this car is both a formula car and is as standard bouncing a lot.
    Or rather a lot lot ;)

7. Nats

Nats Member

Yes I definitely agree with this, the external cameras definitely need some work. I dont mind some bumping as that is realistic and enhances the perception of driving at speed, but the F1 Ultimate cars are particularly impossible to drive in any other view than cockpit view because of the shaking.

The bonnet camera view in particular is far too bumpy. Maybe because its showing what a camera fixed to the car body would see. But that is useless for driving. And I like driving in bonnet view - I find it far more immersive than any other view. You dont see the cockpit around you when you are driving and focused on what is outside the windscreen! So for me its the most realistic view as well.

So yeah the bonnet camera view in particular needs dampening like the in-cockpit view. Just makes driving some cars like the Formula Ultimate cars impossible. You cant even see the corner apex of Copose Corner on Silverstone when playing in bonnet view its so shaky. It actually makes you feel ill and dizzy with all the rapid movements. I have tried every setting I can find and nothing helps. Head Movement setting and Legacy only seem to affect the cockpit view?

What on earth is the point in having other camera views if you cannot possibly drive in them? Honestly I might have to look for another sim racing game to play if they cant do something with the bonnet view to make it useable.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BrunoB

I think I have only seen Mr. Bean driving a car from roof view. :rolleyes:

roof view.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Screenshot_20210719-075704_Google.jpg
    Max and his export friends.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

If we had a bobblehead on the dash I wonder how many laps it would take to make its head fall off

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Coming back to Ams2 after a 2month break and the game is barely playable because of me, I confess,
    playing mainly in bumper camera view

Any setting or trick you can advise to minimize this effect?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope this helps!

14. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

@Tarmac Terrorist thank you, much appreciate but it doesn't as the issue is really with bonnet/bumper camera that I use the most in other simracing titles

With the recent updates, Legacy mode is gone as well so the little improvement it was bringing, well forget about it now.

I am really disappointed as I want to like the Game, I am AMS1 owner so I spent lot of time on Custom FFB tweaking to get a similar feeling and I am there more or less and with Reshade adjustment, it looks glorious now

But this bumpy camera is so much killing the experience that I don't touch AMS2 anymore now. Do a run in Kyalami, the recent track not even the historic, and even with a GTE, its a nightmare honestly.

I cant believe the OP and myself are the only ones bothered really.....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Is the issue that the camera stability measures applied in the two cockpit modes (which are different) are not applied at all in the external cams? Sorry, never drive in those. But if that it the ultimate issue, it may be an uncomplicated fix.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

This might sound crazy but...
    I was playing mostly on a TV with my nose like 1m away from the scren, i know crazy FOV obviously
    I had terrible feeling almost nausea like on some tracks cars combo because of this camera shake

So decided to buy an UW monitor for XMAS and started to test since yesterday

Feeling is much better than before on tracks cars i have tested so far
    My naive conclusion is that bringing my eyes closer to the screen actually much closer, has made a huge difference

Thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  17. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

its been a couple of days now, and that's an absolute Game changer for me to have moved to this UW monitor.
    really enjoying most track/car combo now

• Like Like x 2
  18. handz

handz New Member

Please fix the bumpy camera this stops me using the sim

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes please Reiza the first thing to do for 2022 is to fix this ugly bumpy camera specially for the F1 cars.... You can do it...

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

Mathias[NuoSimulation] New Member

World movement on 100 and GeForce effect off