1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. DrunkenSpaceship

DrunkenSpaceship New Member

Thank you! I will give it a try today

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just try all of them and see if there is 1 you like more than the rest. Then, if you want to, open the file in a text editor, and play with some of the values. You never know, you might improve it more to your liking. If not, you can always put the original back.

3. Zedlion

Zedlion New Member

Does anyone mind sharing their latest TD settings using "Silver Raw rFuktor 4.6 Bug fix update"
    I am using a Simcube 2 pro.

TIA

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. hafizi

hafizi New Member

hi all. im new to this game. whats the wheel rotation setting for gt3 car?

5. RoloFuentes

RoloFuentes Member AMS2 Club Member

Done...
    I have also noticed that in the car setup I can go over 100%... I leave it about 130% and its fine
    I will leave the ffb here... and start learning the new tracks, Brasilia is nice... my track discovery of today

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Eisi

Eisi New Member

Hallo zusammen,
    ich probiere verschiedene Autos aus und habe 3 Autos gefunden, die ich regelmäßig fahren möchte.
    Gibt es so etwas wie eine Garage, in der ich meine 3 Autos parken kann?
    Also muss ich jedes Mal von der Liste nach den Autos suchen.
    Vielen Dank.
    VG Eisi :)

7. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Du meinst sowas wie Favoriten?
    Nicht daß ich wüsste.
    Aber das letzte Auto mit dem du gefahren bist wird eh gespeichert und so viel gibt es da auch nicht zu suchen.

8. Eisi

Eisi New Member

9. Eisi

Eisi New Member

10. Michael Enright

I think you need to put your comments into an appropriate forum so you can get the answers you are looking for. This forum is for feedback etc on Custom FFB files. Your idea would be good though.
    Speaking of Custom FFB, do I take it that because it has gone deathly quiet in here that we have come to the end of @Karsten Hvidberg and Co's SilverRaw files?

11. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Karsten was on holiday + some work so not much ffb work being done I believe. And generally not many ams2 updates in terms of physics/ffb from Reiza.

At the same time, while I think Karsten had couple of ideas, there isnt a huge amount of things we wanted to change after the last files in terms of features.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Michael Enright

Thanks, thought that might be the case.

13. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Name: rFuktor 4.6 (Fix) - Tuned by Stakanov for Logitech G920 and All LowEnd Wheels
    (Specific for a whell with a LITTLE DEADZONE)
    Date: 23/07/2021

Note: In this file I NOT USE the normal code line for tightening!!! Then don't rise the value, if you don't like, in the TR and TF value can go only down or 0.

Logitech HUB Setting
    Last version (if game is update at least to v1.2.1.4) with default value
    900° and all sensitivity to 50

AMS2 Game Menù Setting for G920
    900° - All deadzone to 0 - All sensitivity to 50 except the throttle on range 25-35
    Note: If you use manual clutch try to set also this slide of sensitivity on range 25-35

Then select "Custom" with this starting value for Logitech:
    GAIN 96* - LFB 30 - FX 56 (to taste +/- 10) - DP (PowerSteering) 30.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!

Note after updating to version 1.2.2.0 (or for personal taste): it is advisable to change the value in the code line below from 0.15 to 0.10, i.e .:
    "(steer_spring_strength 0.10)"

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Stakanov

Name: rFuktor 4.6 (Fix) - Tuned by Stakanov for Logitech G29/27/25/DFGT and All LowEnd Wheels
    (Specific for a whell with a HUGE DEADZONE)
    Date: 23/07/2021
    Note: In this file I USE the normal code line for tightening!!! Then you can modify the value, if you don't like, in the TR and TF value (set to 0.12 and 0.012) go up or down to your taste or according with your whell.
    Example according with your deadzone:
    TR 0.08 TF 0.008 or TR 0.10 TF 0.010 or TR 0.16 TF 0.016 or TR 0.21 TF 0.021

Logitech HUB Setting
    Last version (if game is update at least to v1.2.1.4) with default value
    900° and all sensitivity to 50

AMS2 Game Menù Setting for Logitech
    900° - All deadzone to 0 - All sensitivity to 50 except the throttle on range 25-35
    Note: If you use manual clutch try to set also this slide of sensitivity on range 25-35

Then select "Custom" with this starting value for Logitech:
    GAIN 96* - LFB 30 - FX 56 (to taste +/- 10) - DP (PowerSteering) 30.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!

Note after updating to version 1.2.2.0 (or for personal taste): it is advisable to change the value in the code line below from 0.15 to 0.10, i.e .:
    "(steer_spring_strength 0.10)"

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  15. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Excellent file, the only thing I changed was the "(steer_spring_strength 0.10)". This change helps me feel the car better on corner entry and carry more speed. Also the car feels more progressive on acceleration on corner exit.
    Only tested with the BMW GT4 and F301.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stakanov

I agree ... you will not believe it but I had just made this further reduction to the spring ... I felt it a little strange especially after the update to version 1.2.2.0 (even if the FFB has not been modified) and obviously the various changes to the physics of the tires and more I had highlighted the problem ... so I agree 100% with you ... I will insert the advice in both posts of the files!!!
    Thanks for the feedback!!! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Deleted
    Needs work :whistle::whistle:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  18. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Im gonna be honest... this is a very confusing, very overwhelming thread. I've got 9 attached zip files, each listed in seemingly random order, some with various tunes in them that are wheelbase specific, without much explanation as to why you'd pick whichever. If I want to know what exactly these are for, I've got to dig through pages and pages of replies.

There needs to be some kind of basic flowchart so you know what you'll want to use without having to juggle 5 different zip files that have some of the same ffb files in them.

It's almost impossible to come in here after a few months and have any idea what you're looking at, and I can only wonder what the newbies would think after seeing all this.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

I agree. I used to use custom FFB files (they are very much appreciated, by the way!) but I haven't updated for a while and no longer remember quite where to begin.

For example, is "Silver Raw rFuktor 4.6 Bug fix update" the same file as what is called the "Original high end file" if I download the .zip containing "all latest files"?

Likewise, what is MuscleFuktor? It seems to be a recent version (it's included at the bottom of the second post) but for some reason isn't in the .zip file?

Again, I very, very, very much appreciate the work you've put in to make these custom FFB files. From my memory, some of them substantially improved the FFB compared to the default settings. It's just a hard process to keep up with, given how quickly the updates move.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@InfernalVortex
    @bmerrell

Sorry if I misunderstood you but:
    It is not that easy but also it is not too difficult at all and for me it is a worthwhile investment.
    Anyone opting to don`t read all those pages (what a novel! yes, but I love) can just download the most recent file linked at page one.
    There you will find a compressed file containing the original file plus some tweaks made by another users specifically for their wheels and their preferences. It is your choice to install the original (and tune or not for yourself) or that tuned by community.

PS: Being english my second language I maybe can't express all my gratitude to those guys concerned with this work, specially to @Karsten Hvidberg. What a huge effort and what a good result. Thank you!