1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The title is clickbaiting at its best...As usual

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Hi guys, I think a lot of the color rendering is also depending from the daytime chosen. I like most setting the race time to the early evening, so the colors are not too saturated. By choosing the helmet view with added motion blur you get a very immersive feeling. Ok, you have also to tune your display a little bit to get realistic colors, but it's possible. If racing in bright sunshine at noon I fully agree that colors are too satured and it would be nice to have an ingame tuning option for color adjustment. Have a look at this video I have recorded in 4k with max. details , daytime set at 19:00 for today in Austria. (Sorry video is in german language)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Exactly. Lewis and Max come together in a similar ill-advised manoeuvre (by both of them) and there is an official investigation and endless chatter from fans about who was in the wrong.

We do similar stupid moves and expect the AI to jump out of the way--and then whine about it when they do not.

But the icing on the cake is the whining that preceded -- that the AI too readily move out of the way and are scared of the player, so Reiza should adjust them so they hold their line when they clearly have the racing line.

Is it any wonder devs just stick to their work plans and ignore most of the online influencers?

And, personal editorial, this particular "influencer" has the worst record of flip-flopping every time the winds change direction. Like a politician willing to say whatever is necessary to get attention or votes/clicks/views.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. leggy2fast

leggy2fast Artist and amateur racer!

This is the kind of comment that makes me so weary of online racing. People want super realistic sims, they talk about tyre model more than anything else, but at the end of the day when it comes to racing in leagues, I so often see people treating the sim as just a game. "Powerplaying" the game systems, the track limits, the collisions.

I'm used to saying I like driving as if the car I have in the game is not mine, that it's a rental. Always careful about not breaking stuff, mindful of AI drivers, of rejoining the track after a spin and everything like that.

As someone who races in real life karting and the very occasional venture into F-Vee, I love translating that back and forth from the game to the real thing. It makes me enjoy the sims much more, be it AMS2, F1 2020 or any other.

That said, the AI in AMS2 gives me some good wheel to wheel battles, I feel I can go for it and not get any sudden violent jerk from them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I agree that the perception will change in what hours you are racing. That's why photographers love the golden light.
    But when I look at your video I see very nice graphics but I will not be fooled to think that is close to real.
    Now look at this in very harsh light which is very difficult to pull off. And the bonnet view looks very realistic in motion. They are doing a couple of things.
    But when I watched his videos I was surprised at how realistic they were (in certain views). Unbelievable stuff really.

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This video is filmed from the screen. Even AMS1 looks ultra good this way in the right conditions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Split Second

What do you mean filmed from the screen? If you meant like the AMS2 videos before that someone filmed outside to the screen than I don't see any indications for that. Or do you mean the bonnet view? I haven't seen any video even close to these videos from those views. Even if they would be filmed from outside (I don't see any indication).

8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This has never been solved imho

If a balance cannot be found, I'd rather have the AI keeping their lines than just opening up the gap for the player to do as he pleases.

However, sincerely, that is not even the real issue with the AI. The biggest issue is that they clearly are not under the same physics rules as the player. We all know they run on simplified physics, but it should not look like they are doing that. This not only breaks any sort of immersion, but also makes racing them quite... pointless.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

Ah you were more refering to motion of the bonnet view then. I mean filming literally the monitor. The colours in lighting give a good impression this way. The bonnet view in ACC is definetly one of the best looking out there, when it comes to camera itself...not arguing with that.

10. Split Second

I think there is some miscommunication here but that is no problem. Let's just say I was gobsmacked by how real it looked. I have seen some gifs from driveclub that also look realistic but not like this.
    Let's just say that I want to have those graphics no matter how they are achieved.
    Maybe they were filming the monitor but then again I never found such realistic graphics before.

11. CrimsonEminence

The easiest way to achieve, what is seen there in the video is to take a Monitor, point a camera on it in a sideways angle, take another monitor, that gets realtime feed from this camera and you have these graphics........

12. Split Second

Do you have some examples of that from AMS2 or AMS (or how I can find them)? I find this interesting. I wish we have such graphics for playing.

13. CrimsonEminence

2 examples of monitor filmed colours:

AMS1

AMS2

14. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

It seems like AMS2 need to have graphics option for color tones, saturation and white balance etc. Graphics are awesome quality but if you paint them with cartoon colors you tend to hide its true quality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. pavig

pavig Member

AMD graphics drivers let you tweak contrast, saturation and color temperature per game. I am sure the NVIDIA drivers have the same thing.

16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is what I was hinting at before. I am sure the new GPUs have software that can alter colors on a per game basis, so probably you can have those results through out of game settings even though AMS2 does not allow saturation changes.

17. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

Though not ideal, you can always lower the saturation and tweak colors a bit using ReShade, even in VR nowadays. Completely changed my experience in VR from it being a bit cartoonish and immersion breaking to driving with my mouth open in shock at how real it feels.

18. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

It depends a lot on the monitor used. My MSI Gaming TFT has several preprogramed colour schemes. I use "Cinema" if I want a realistic blueish tone with natural contrast, I use "Race" for oversaturated extra- sharpness + brightness, and RPG as a good allround mode. There is also a Egoshooter mode that removes green and blue by greyish tones and makes everything else stick out. I dont really care about the NVIDIA settings since I can calibrate everthing in the TFT on the fly with a mini-stick.

19. Split Second

Thank you for the examples. I now see what you mean. They to me are not so realistic but I see what you mean and what difference it makes. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

If you ever get the temptation to play games with some highly altered colours and effects i also recommend REshade to you. It's a gamechanger, graphics wise in some situations, it also added some serious visual depth to games like GTA V and R3E for me. It needs a lot of fiddling to get the desired outcome, but the results can really give the
    "
    -effect" indeed.
    Not even related to AMS2 overall, but in general, it's a very great tool/mod. And additionally it's not even as performance hungry, as you think it would be, which makes it even more attractive. Some scenarios with a Technicolor filter are looking like a vintage race recording. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1