1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I can get the VR Reshade to "work", as in, it now opens with "unofficial" in the top left corner, and there is some VR tab there, when you press Home.
    It's just that, I get no visible difference when I toggle the effects on/off, no matter what settings/ preset I use.
    Am I missing something painfully obvious?
    Edit: Might of course be due to the fact (just found out) I have the OpenVR version here, and I'm trying to use it through Oculus... Why are things never simple and straightforward anymore?:(

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  3. pavig

pavig Member

If anyone wants to tweak their colors for an AMD Radeon card here is the official instructions. It's pretty sweet and you probably have the software installed already.
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh3-021

Haven't used an NVIDIA card for a while but I'm pretty sure a similar thing exists in their Geoforce Experience software if you poke around.

They're not reshade level, but the performance hit is comparatively miniscule and it's a lot less messing about.

There is a brightness/exposure setting in AMS2 (I think in camera settings) to give you an extra level of tweakability.

4. B Stu

B Stu Member

Does anyone use their monitor settings anymore? Would seem like a logical place to pre-tweak-tweak. Most modern displays have a user present and many functions to happily tweak away at. Maybe people dont use displays like that anymore?

5. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

What I mean by a colorful game just hides its true graphics potential is exposed in this video. I bet you can’t distinguish it from a real footage.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Dear Automobilista's !

For a current occasion I made a special video dedicated to the casualties
    of the disastrous flooding in Germany , where especially the area around our beloved
    Nürburgring was hit so hard.

Over 170 people lost their lives , hundreds lost the homes, their cars, everything they loved !

If you like, please watch the video, share it and if you have a heart for the people there,
    please follow the link to German Red Cross provided in the video where you can donate some bucks to help !

I already donated together with my girlfriend 100€

Thanks a lot to everybody supporting this !

• Like Like x 8
  7. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

I think youve nailed it there.

8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A pain in the ass when you have triples, especially not worth fiddling with it if the three of them are all different models.

9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What program and settings do you use?

10. B Stu

B Stu Member

Yeah fair point on triples )

11. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

!! I FOUND THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!

No seriously, I was super frustrated with AMS2 for not being able to lose the rear when stepping on the gas too early with GT3's and GTE's. This lead to being able to just floor the gas at the apex and off you go, but no more! Man am I having fun right now :D

Diff: Preload 250 (yeah 250!)
    Diff Clutches: 10 (yes 10 lol)
    Leave Power and Coast on default.
    Springs: Stiffen springs to about 2 steps from the stiffest, front and back and from there according to track 1 or 2 clicks up or down
    Dampers: Stiffen front and rear bump and rebounds by 2 clicks and then according to track 1 or 2 clicks up or down
    Increase rear ride height by 3mm - 5mm
    TC: Off or on 1 and low, med and high then works as expected giving you more freedom.

There you go, happy spinning round and round on corner exit if you're not careful everyone :cool:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

More reshading work...

13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Isn't this the exact same as tomythto posted a couple posts back on this page?

14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, why cant devs produce an option that gives instead of all these vibrant color a realistic color. That would be the next step in realism.

15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

sorry may have missed it...

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's a lot of faffing about to get that result.

17. F1Aussie

Has anyone noticed that in a custom championship or even leaving a session and then going into the next one with the same car and livery that the driver suit and gloves are a different colour? I reckon this was also an issue in PC2.

18. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

If you decrease the angles on the differential, you'll also induce more lock. You should not need a preload of 250 in that case.

Edit: added the very important not

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  19. F1Aussie

If you have trying to make the rear end more stable how should you set the LSD diff up?

20. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

I know, but that's what it takes....
    I know just the bare minimum re setups, but getting a loose rear end with a higher preload seems counter intuitive doesn't it?
    As far as I know, the lower the ramp angles the more stability you should have. Also more clutches translates to more stability (or it should anyway) as should a higher preload? Now I'm confused :confused:
    Maybe more clutches and a high preload gives some understeer, and then by laying down the gas you get that loose rear end? @steelreserv can you shed some light as to why this happens in AMS2?

• Like Like x 1