1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a wonderful simulator, though !!! ....

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Germano Cervini, Jul 25, 2021.

1. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

2. Jebalkin

Jebalkin New Member

I dont realy get the argument of "people call it project cars 2.5" like it's what makes it a bad thing.
    Project cars 2 is one of the most successful racing games on playercount side of things. Last update was on december of 2018, thats almost 3 years ago, and still, there as many players playing it as rfactor 2 or raceroom.
    A year ago, PC2 had 1500 players on average. To compare with rfactor2, at the most populated month of its lifecycle, it only had 600+ on average. Raceroom 850+ on average.

All time high recorded playercount of PC2 is almost identical of ACC.

So please, explain me, how did it happen that such a successful racing game became a "curse" and one of reasons why AMS2 is lacking player numbers? It doesnt add up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Mainly because of the huge discrepancies between content quality, especially in drivability. But often it's just much Voodoo...

There is the McLaren 720S Road Car....or also Gr.C cars in pCars2....driving these on the Nordschleife without having a big happy grin would indicate the danger of having no soul. THERE i said it :whistle:

pCars2 can really shine in the right moments and it shows, that it's not the foundation, that was wrong there...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jebalkin

Jebalkin New Member

Hearing ams getting bashed because it uses same engine as pc2 while also using playercount as an argument got on my nerves considering they ignore pc2 playercount.

I totaly agree that quality inconsistencies is a big part of the flaws. I would also add, that lower playercount works like magnet, if I launch ams2 expecting to find mp lobbies and I am not able to, or atleast the ones that fits my skills(the variety of content even lowers the chance of it), I am not as willing to launch ams2 next time. And I believe there is a lot of people like this. Why would you bother if you almost can be sure, you are not gonna find what you expect because of lack of participation?

Good thing is, this happens more rare lately, I get more and more success on finding lobbies, so I am getting more eager to launch ams daily, which again, I believe theres more people like me. Which makes me feel optimistic :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Part of the problem was possibly the scale that PC and then PC2 initially shot for. The scale of content was huge, all of which required calibrating in one form or another. That would have required an army of engineers to have had it all perfect for release. The courage of saying "hey guys/girls, we've developed this awesome blank canvas that now needs developing" and then throwing it out there.. well you can imagine the initial poo storm. Whether it was the right call to adopt that strategy or whether a tighter focus milking the DLC possibilities would have been wiser, that's all a discussion for those gifted with 20/20 hindsight.
    The experience though, when it was dialled in, was magical.

6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps a "Virual Xperience Portal 2" Scheduled races, and some kind of Multiplayer ranking system could help?
    I almost forgot my personal need for a better/smarter AI settings storage and adjustment system, because of the hassle to adjust the skill level and aggression, a split in straight line and corner skills could be needed also.

7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I'm one of them, opening multiplayer, first to see to much GT races, much of them use default setups, are to short, have no normal qualifying time, have to many driving aids allowed and use a bizarre mixed field or time/weather settings.
    This game has so (to) much options for a very small player-base, so I rarely find a race which fits my wishes, and if I host a race I seldom have enough competitors, the lack to store my public-lobby settings in a template doesn't help also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

RaceRoom sound is incredible. If these cars are a direct comparison, now I understand when someone says AMS2 sound sounds muffled. D:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, Sector3 sets a high-bar in terms of immersive audio quality and features. Not only do they produce effective sound samples but, they offer players more audio tuning options than any other racing title by far.

I prefer the un-muffled approach to in-car audio although, an option to have it filtered (Helmet effect) would be a great feature.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah people who are saying that ams 2 is PC2.5 because of the same engine are probably also saying that acc and unreal tournament are the same, because of the same engine. I guess those people have never tried or only for a few laps ams2, as with every sim you have to get used to it

• Like Like x 1
  12. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

I agree with you, here a lot of people speak by hearsay, based on stupid reasoning, when then they did not have the desire to drive this wonderful sim in depth, from the last patch and DLC released, the sim has improved at the level of RF2 for me .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1