1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outlon Park International last corner "stuttering"?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Haris1977, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

As the title says:

No matter the graphical settings i use -, there is a always a "stuttering" in the last corner of the circuit (Lodge corner, see the red square in the below image). Do you guys face the same issue?

CBECEDF2-39C4-4C37-9E17-59D6EC762210.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Somehow is Oulton park a FPS eater. No difference in Pcars. All tracks are smooth but at Oulton it is always a stutter here and there.

3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Is it the same for all outlon's variants? Havent had the time to test them

4. Bull Shark

For me it is mostly just after Corner 5, Shell Oils Corner

5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I have raised this as a bug (on bug section) - even though it is not a "bug" (but rather an optimization thing): just to let Reiza know bout this one (dont have high hopes on it btw)

I m glad i m not the only one having these issues in this track:whistle:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

You're turning to face the whole of the track at that corner (also corner 5), so it might be something to do with non-optimised LOD of the track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I’ve noticed it too. It seems like there’s a lot of assets popping in all at once

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

Same issue here since early access of the game. I have this issue on Imola (final two corners) and Salvador (long "hairpin" under the bridge) as well.

This always happens, no matter what my graphics settings are. Also tried running the game on a different SSD, even on a different PC. For some reason this always happens on certain tracks, always at the same corners.

In PC2 it's indeed Shell Oils Corner (5) as well for me, but in AMS2 ist's always Lodge Corner (16).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Everything works fine here about vid, even on a RTX 2060 with maxed settings. Are you all on triples?

10. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Nope. Single screen here with 1080p settings and an rtx 2070. I may have not seen all tracks (i wouldnt be surprised if there are stutterings in other tracks too) but it s very obvious in outlon's last corner. At least for me (yes i have a very sensitive eye).

I really hope that Reiza will someday prioritize all tracks optimization over new content or features

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Neawoulf

I tested both 1080p single screen, as well as VR (Rift S). Resolution, framerate limiter or graphical settings don't really make a difference. Overall i get good framerate except for those specific stutter points on several tracks with worst stutters on Oulton Park, Imola and Salvador. Around 50% of the tracks run absolutely smooth (Nordschleife included).

12. newtonpg

Sorry gents, I've tried Oulton again, this time accompanied by my son (on triples + i5 + gtx 1080) and we both in our machines didn't saw any glitches.
    I 'm not saying that it doesn't exist but I fear that the problem may be outside AMS2.
    I'm not using antivirus but w-defender and nor OC.

13. Bull Shark

I am indeed.

14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I tried the last update (1.2.2.0). Still the stuttering is there, always in same place (Lodge corner) and in every lap. It happens with every car i used (5 laps race, with 19 opponents, started last).

When i say "stuttering" i mean a small stop in flow (some mseconds i guess?) and then the flow starts again. No oc for me and only using the w10 build in antivirus also

15. Neawoulf

Yeah, it's not really a drop in framerate, it feels more like a small freeze for a fraction of a second. Doesn't happen on all tracks, just on some and always at the same corners.

Last year i reinstalled Win10 and i tested it on a completely fresh system, so there wasn't anything unnecessary running in the background, also disabled antivirus/firewall stuff. Don't think it's something like that.

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only time I get that sort of stutter is if my fps is higher than my refresh rate. Happened a few nights ago after updating my NVIDIA driver for some reason it reset some of my monitor settings so my screen was putting out 118fps and the refresh rate was sitting at 100hz.

17. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I have capped my fps to 140 (4 hz below the maximum refresh rate of my monitor) so it should n't be it. On the other hand it happens in specific track places (as we speak in outlon) so it must be smth in game and not outside of it. For an unknown reason it just happens, so i think it s an optimization issue.

The bad thing is that we can not know if Reiza knows bout it. I have raised it as an issue (in bug section) but i m not very optimistic about this

18. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why? If we stop treating bugs that we reported as "the most important" we'd be in a much better place. There's plenty of issues to fix, especially since this one, while mildly annoying, is not comparable with let's say custom championship settings affecting a lot users or LOD issues on some tracks.

Only Reiza knows the workload they actually have and they must have a prioritisation of some sort to fix them in a sensible fashion. Maybe they're waiting for a scheduled work on this track and will look into this at the same time or they have other commitments related to licensing (new content with go live date) that needs addressing first.

Complaining about it only grows the frustration and doesn't help anyone. If it's reported - it's reported. Move on and enjoy AMS2 or other titles that bring joy to you. Life's too short for this kind of negativity :cool:

19. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I m not negative at all. And i can assure you i enjoy the title a lot:whistle::) There are cars and tracks that i actually feel that i race in reality:cool:

But, it s been a long time since @Reiza tagged the bug reports as "Agreed" to show that posts were actually readen, right?

The only reason i put this "issue" here is just to know if it happens to other ppl too. And i see it does happen indeed. If this is going to be fixed/looked, that's an other talk:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  20. newtonpg

Understood and sorry about that.

• Like Like x 1