1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haitham Abdelkader

Haitham Abdelkader New Member

nice one , waiting for more up coming from Reiza ,keep going guys

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's unfortunate that there appears to be only aesthetic differences between the two Interlagos variants in AMS2, and a bit confusing since racingcircuits.info (not an official source, I know I know...) refers to the layouts with/without chicane as "Grand Prix Circuit" and "Stock Car Circuit (with chicane)"

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I can see some parallels :D Good thing is I like rF2 too so no problem for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just took the RSR around Taruma and thoroughly enjoyed it. Fun with an h-pattern, it felt great to shift! For comparison purposes I tried the same combo in AC and will stick to the AMS2 version. AI could work on getting off the line faster but overall seemed fine to me (definitely better than standing starts in AC).

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Magus

Magus Member AMS2 Club Member

Having issues with the paddle shifters not being recognised ingame but okay in the settings allocation. Tried a different wheel - Custom. Rebound all the controls, then went in game, initially it recognised the paddles but then stopped again. Using an Accuforce base with fanatec rims.

EDIT: Seem to be fine now after a restart

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bo Stamper

Bo Stamper Member

Didn't recognize my CSL Elites. Went to reconfigure in-game and it assigns steer right and throttle the same axis? :confused:

UPDATE: Started over and now it doesn't recognize pedals at all.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tuvalu

Tuvalu New Member

Really like the update so far. Is there a possibility for some more "generic" Cars? Like "Generic" F1 2022, "Generic" Formula E or "Generic" LMP1? ;)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. ATSS

ATSS Member

It's just this:

[​IMG]

The game automatically changes every car setup to the lowest possible steering lock. (14 deg for a lot cars.) Cars understeer like crazy with this method.
    You need to change it back manually to something like 16-18deg if you want to have some decent turn in speeds while cornering.:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

LOL, you are maybe right. That make sense but a bit different than I thought. I wondered why every lock is so low now. That could be the reason. Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Porsche is the initial entry...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You need to assign the controls before calibrate.

I only wish that i could remember my FFB settings. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

My ts-pc racer and tlcm pedals aren’t recognized as well in either calibrate wheel menu or calibrate pedals menu ? Any idea?

13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

From what I've seen they didn't add any new controller settings, what happens is if you use a controller when you go to your car setup screen and select a default setup the steering lock will be at its minimum value, you can increase that value if you feel the car is not turning enough.
    I use steering sensitivity = 50, speed sensitivity = 0, controller damping = 0, so for me steering lock = 14/15 works fine for most cars, but for people who use lower steering sensitivity and higher speed sensitivity & damping they might need to increase steering lock in the car setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Yay on TC/ABS bindings :)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Nop,works for me! Use "control preset 1" then start from there.
    Delete the AMS2 folder if nothing works.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

I've had something similar happen with my G25. I could assign the axes, but at least all pedal axes were completely maxed out all the time. I ended up restarting the game and reconnecting the G25, which fixed the issue. Although for some strange reason I did have to reassign the pedals again, while everything else I had changed remained unaffected.

As for the update: Congratulations to Reiza for another BIG one. Gotta admit I haven't been able to play any sims lately for various reasons, so it's been a while since I fired up AMS2. Due to this there is a good chance my views are based on older versions as opposed to the previous one or two updates.

Anyhow, when the RSR was originally announced I was absolutely thrilled. As a matter of fact, I had secretly been hoping that this exact car would make it into AMS2. Reiza's usual attention to detail and the superb foundation of AMS2 promised nothing short of an equally thrilling and addicting drive - and it still does. Plus I still have very fond memories of Patrick Giranthon's '74 RSR for AMS - which is, as far as I can tell, the exact same year and model. And if helps, of course, that it is one heck of a gorgeous car (maybe the most beautiful 911 ever made!) and I'm a 911 and Porsche fan to boot! :D

Sadly, after giving it a try around Brands Hatch GP (my default test track for various reasons) and the new (old ;)) Salvador track I must say I'm disappointed - for now, at least.

The good things first: The car looks fantastic and sounds good, too. And the general classic 911 traits are there - you have to break in a straight line - obviously - and there's often this latent feeling of the car wanting to do its own thing, especially when vertical load changes due to differences in track elevation.

Unfortunately, there are also a few behaviors that don't make sense to me, even (or especially not) for a classic 911.

One thing I noticed, and that was the first thing I actually noticed at all, was an unexplained tendency for the rear to suddenly snap around when going through long slow-speed corners - like Brands Hatch Druids turn. Even when I am keeping the wheel and accelerator perfectly still, the car usually breaks traction at the rear mid-corner. That doesn't make sense, at least not if we're talking real-world physics. Something strange is happening here, and it's definitely not lift-off oversteer (though that is also too aggressive and snappy in this car even when I decrease my throttle input just the slightest bit) or power oversteer.

The other thing that bothers me to no end is the massive tendency of the car to understeer at medium and high speed. If anything, I would expect a 911 to retain some of its instability at high speeds - at least that has been my experience with pretty much every other classic 911 in every sim I have played before.

Before anyone says that I need to learn how to approach tracks in a 911 - while I can't consider myself a very good or fast simracer, 911s are my favorites and usually go-to-cars in every sim, so I generally have a good idea how to drive a classic 911 and what to avoid. If I had to guess I'd say that the issues are related to the differential - but since the LSD can not be turned off and you can only change the number of clutches (which I've tried) there isn't much that can be done from the player side of things about the issues. IMHO it's a (likely small but significant) error in the LSD configuration that causes this strangeness. Needless to say I am very much looking forward to seeing this fixed; as far as I can tell, most of the recent new cars have had some teething troubles, so to speak, and have improved significantly since then. :)

EDIT: Almost forgot to say this, but the added inputs for TC/ABS as well as the option to store up to six different control configs is very welcome! Especially the later makes switching between H-Shift/Paddles and Sequential Stick Shift that much easier for me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What a shiiiiiii.... Just kidding. Great update! Going to be fun tonight. First food, tho. Keep it up, ladies and gents.

18. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

You just need to bind keys for steering, throttle, brake and clutch first and then calibrate.

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If there are some oddities, try additionally to remap your controls with Wheel Make: Custom.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

First impression on the update.......it's nice and feels good. RSR does well on the Nordschleife (except tight downhill corners). AMS2 detected correctly my Thrustmaster TX and T-LCM pedals. No issues at all. Well done, Reiza. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.